1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jun 20, 2014.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

3. Classic

Classic Member

Yes please.

4. Raven

Raven Member

You just gotta figure with all these stars in play that Morey can reel one of them in.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

James Harden 13/14 Shot Chart

Carmelo Anthony 13/14 Shot Chart

Their shot zones complement each other pretty well with Harden operating more on the left side and Anthony on the right side. What's surprising is that this is reversed out on the 3pt line as Anthony is a better shooter on the left side and Harden on the right.

4 people like this.
  6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Like Dwight last year, this seems to make too much sense not to happen. The Bulls definitely have more to offer Carmelo than the Lakers or Warriors did Dwight last year, but if Carmelo wants to win a championship we are the closest to that among viable suitors.

Not to mention his floor spacing and shooting would make our offense absolutely lethal. This wouldn't be like Lebron and Wade having to learn to play together -- I think Carmelo and Harden could very easily co-exist.

1 person likes this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Of all the possible scenarios, this one seems to have the best chance of happening.

Makes quite a bit of sense.

8. Classic

Classic Member

You can be damn sure this will be in the pitch. Each player can occupy his own 'hot spot' and they really don't overlap much. Good find.

Look forward to signing Carmelo and routinely dropping 130 a night

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Great stuff, Cat.

Also liked this piece by Goldsberry:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/courtvision-so-this-is-what-carmelo-anthonys-prime-looks-like/

Also liked how this article ended: "But Anthony’s improvements this year (2013) also provide us with a vital reminder of the importance of context in the NBA. It helps to share the floor with playmakers, and good guard play makes everyone better."

So let's recap. He gets to play with the best combo guard and center in the league if he comes to Houston.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

My gut says he goes to Chicago to stay in the East, but surely Melo values Harden and Howard over Noah and injured Rose, right?

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

One of my least favorite players in the league. But you have to do what you have to do.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not really a fan of him as a human being either. I remember him doing that video where some thugs talked about snitches.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Problem is Lebron is in the way in the east. Melo wants to go to a team where he can be one of many options.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yep. He's not really a model citizen. I think he's (at least kind of) put that behind him. That video was about 10 years ago- when he was about 20. Not excusing it, but hes a lot older now.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't really have much of an opinion on him. Regardless I want him on the team NOW. Rockets taking over the league supercedes almost anything for me player wise.

Except anything to do with Stockton or Malone. Those 2 guys can F themselves.

16. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Good article. His name makes me want candy. Every time I hear it.

17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Morey has stated we need more defense. Carmelo would be a huge defensive improvement at the 4. Him being a great offensive player is a plus.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah. I know he said it was a joke, but that was a lie. The guy doing the video was later arrested for assault and got something like 10 years in jail, police officers who were outed in the video went to jail, etc. Baltimore has a major issue with drug crime and violence against those who report to police and for Carmelo to have participated in that is disgusting.

I hope he's matured as a person. I don't know if he has or hasn't honestly, but I don't consider him an easy person to root for.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man this article really really makes me want Melo. I feel like I'm going to be very disappointed though

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

2007-2008 Denver Nuggets

2013-2014 Houston Rockets

For anyone that still thinks Harden and Anthony can't share the ball just use the 2007-2008 Nuggets team as reference.

Both players were able to score 25+ points per game and they did it without any compromise in eachother's FG%.

In all honesty, that Denver team is the basement on how Houston would do with an addition of Anthony as their front court talent (Camby/Martin) really can't compare to what we have in Howard and what we should expect out of Jones/Dmo next season.