1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Countdown to Kevin Love Drama

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do you think this has legs, B-Bob, and what's your opinion about the Rockets being able to beat the Warrior offer, assuming what we're hearing isn't BS? You live in the Bay Area, and I bet you know the Warriors pretty well.

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I consider Parsons better than Thompson at everything offensively except 3PT shooting. If Chandler would just give near his rookie-level effort on defense, he would be better in that area too.

3. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Honestly, if you consider Barnes anywhere near Jones then it's fairly safe to ignore your opinion in any comparison of players.

1 person likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The Warriors ownership is hyper aggressive. They do NOT just want to make the playoffs. I think they know the splash brothers will sell tickets but not to the WCF. I think they also know Bogut is probably permanently injury prone so they would love a big like Love, of course, one of the best rebounders (and shooters) in the game. I have to admit watching a pick and role with Steph and Love would be pretty fun/unstoppable.

if it wasn't broussard, I would give this more legs. :)

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Thompson rumors remind me of the Asik for Bass or whoever trade rumors from this past season. Smells fishy.

If MIN actually thought very highly of the offer, MIN would either have gotten it done already or would be quietly working with GSW to get it completed (like Morey and Presti did in the Harden deal). The way MIN is acting now, I think the team is just trying to drum up more offers like Morey was for Asik.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Doesn't it sound sad that we as Rockets fan have to cite back to a player's ROOKIE season as proof that he can play defense? It's like...okay so he played defense his rookie season.....what the hell happened after that?

7. B-Bob

That is an "if" I would like to see fulfilled, for sure. Both players benefit from their systems, but Parsons moreso, IMHO. Chandler is a much better finisher and better near the bucket in general. But both of them shoot 3's like crazy.

Have no idea what's with the guy above comparing T Jones to Barnes. Neither is going to be a significant part of a big Love trade. I'd bank on most NBA execs being more interested in Barnes at this point, but I don't have insider knowledge. They both seem to exhibit career-limiting basketball IQ.

8. Nook

Nook Member

It is debatable as to which player is better, but Thompson is under contract so he is worth more to a team like Minnesota. Good luck getting Parsons to resign there.

Both are garbage.

Yes, Omer is better, but Minnesota does not need a center.

Agreed.

9. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source close to <a href="https://twitter.com/kevinlove">@kevinlove</a> says talk of L.A. as preferred landing spot was always way overblown. Only lived there 1 year. Wants to win.</p>&mdash; Chris Sheridan (@sheridanhoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/statuses/479719771944939520">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Okay. Why?

11. B-Bob

Sorry. Not engaging this subplot further. Agree with the poster who said both are not worthy of debate. Cheers.

12. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Cool. I look forward to more empty posts from you.

For those who might like at least some semblance of thought in the discussion on this forum, though:

Harrison Barnes (22 years old): 12/5 per36 on 49%TS, 10 PER, -3 XRAPM, .070 WS/48
    Terrence Jones (22 years old): 16/9 per36 on 58%TS, 19 PER , -.5 XRAPM, .170 WS/48

Klay Thompson (24): 18/3/2 on 56%TS, 14 PER, +3 XRAPM, .110 WS/48
    Chandler Parsons (25): 17/6/4 on 57%TS, 16 PER, +2 XRAPM, .130 WS/48

David Lee makes over $30 million dollars through the next two years and isn't even the third best player on his team.

Multiple picks is better than one.

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Then he would demand Houston.

14. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Still several teams pursuing Kevin Love who don't believe Minnesota's Flip Saunders is in a deal-making mode -- yet.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/479752954912583681">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Also dont forget that GSW can take back a lot more salary through the TPEs and Lees contract they have. If Twolves are looking for a salary dump- golden state is definitely more attractive.

I think if we could generate a similar TPE through trading Asik, Lin (and thats a big IFF) we'd be the frontrunners. Plus, we could bolster our bench (maybe bring back Kevin Martin or something to backup Harden).

I think Minnesota should avoid taking on Lee. His contract is pretty bad- and a team of rubio thompson barnes lee and Pek is still not going to get anywhere- especially out West. They need to dump as many guys as they can and gather a bunch of picks.

Would any team be interested in Pek?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ssible-kevin-love-trade?ex_cid=sportscenterTW

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NO.

He was asked to do much more ...and has.

18. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Hey genius, how do you propose to trade chandler parsons to MINNESOTA of all places, when he is a restricted free agent?:rolleyes:

19. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

Kevin Love isn't worth getting if we still have a flawed offense and no depth at all.

If we traded 1st Rounders, Jones, Asik, and Parsons for Love that would leave us with:

Beverley/Lin/Canaan
    Harden/Daniels
    Hamilton/Casspi
    Love/Motiejunas
    Howard

That's a historically bad bench.

No thank you, Minny. You can keep Kevin Love.

20. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

it's not like our bench is already the 5th worst in the league :rolleyes: