1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Let them talk. The more the merrier. The more they talk, the more attention Houston gets, the more chance the Rockets is going to get one of those. :grin:

2. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

D Rose is burned out. Thib the coach is attractive. But they are not going deep without healthy Rose.

Not sure how the defense can work with Rockets + Anthoy though.

3. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

The whole article is lazy because it just assumes Rose's health, which is probably the biggest question of the entire equation, gives Chicago more WARP for a bench that would be absolutely less talented and considers it likely they would be able to S&T dealing Boozer's contract (rather than amnestying and trading other pieces separately) and Gibson to the Knicks.

The analysis in sports is just incredibly short sighted and lazy now in an effort to push out content.

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

why would anthony wanna play for someone as demanding as thibs if he had issues with Karl?

5. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It reeks of homerism and desperation. We have 2 blue chips and they have a good defensive coach and Noah, who is way overrated. He can't be the first or second best player on a championship team, he's a third wheel.

Rockets are the premiere destination, everyone knows it.

1 person likes this.
  6. meh

meh Contributing Member

One, I think there's no point in projecting the Bulls without Rose's health. If Melo doesn't believe in Rose's health, he's not going to Chicago. So if he's even considering Chicago, then by assumption he's checked out Rose's health and is fine with it.

Two, the bench WARP takes into account MLE. If you add a high level role player with that MLE, like an Ariza, it would be pretty easy to reach 6 warp for the whole bench.

If anything, the fact that he projected the Rockets to be a better team than Chicago even given Rose's health is actually favorable to the Rockets, if Melo comes to the same conclusion. The Rockets don't have nearly the risk that the Bulls roster does. And it has more potential to win a title even when you account for being in the west.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Carmelo said tonight in NYC of his meeting with Phil Jackson, Derek Fisher &amp; Steve Mills: &quot;It was a great meeting with Phil. It went well,&quot;</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/statuses/479431818781786113">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Carmelo Anthony also said of the Derek Fisher hiring: &quot;I like what Phil is doing.&quot;</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/statuses/479432226044514305">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Kind of like when a sexy lady tells you l like you I really do but I can only see you as a friend... another woman will love you the way I can't. Daryl Morey and Kevin Mchale are not getting the let's be friend only treatment like the Knicks haha! Knicks can have Linsanity lol.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Do you expect him to say it didn't go well?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Of course not. Just like when a player has surgery, afterwards the team releases a statement: "[Player] underwent successful surgery." Well, of course it did. When do you hear about it NOT being successful?

I was just passing it along. Still expect him to opt out and likely leave.

11. anchel

anchel Member

I agree with that article. If I were Melo I would choose Chicago over Houston.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Michael Jordan I bet has warned him regarding Chicago and how they are as a organization. I don't see Melo winning there honestly. They still would not have enough. They have to give up too much to get him.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, don't get me wrong, I'm no Melo fan so I'd want him to make that choice, but it would be pretty stupid of him.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I tend to think he will.

1 person likes this.
  15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm in Cancun yet I refresh refresh refresh. My wife hates me.

No seriously, she's annoyed as hell with me. Lol

1 person likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't worry, friend. Your priorities are properly in line!

1 person likes this.
  17. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

In the end of the day he probably wants to keep getting his touches and pts. In Houston he'd be with two guys who also haven't shown they're capable of playing, as LeBron called it, "selfless basketball". At least in Chicago he'd be playing with a pass first center.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why not just stay in New York then? If he doesn't care about winning he can just take the money in NY and be a ball hog there if the idea of sharing scares him like that.

Also, he'll lose tons of touches if Rose ever comes back, he's not exactly known for his passing.

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Lmao!! Man I'll be in Cabo the first week and a half of July.. I already know my wife will be annoyed with me due to the same thing. Hell she already wonders why I'm on clutchfans so often haha

1 person likes this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Someone said that McHale can help us recruit free agent is a big joke now. No free agent considers the Rockets because of McHale as the head coach.