1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dick Cheney has been wrong on Iraq since 2002 when he pushed for war. Why listen to him now?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 18, 2014.

1. adoo

adoo Member

Dick Cheney has been wrong on Iraq since 2002 when he pushed for war. Why listen to him now?

let's itemize

• 9/11 Hijacker Met with Iraqis; December 9, 2001

[*]"Well, the evidence is pretty conclusive that the Iraqis have indeed harbored terrorists... report that's been pretty well confirmed, that [9/11 hijacker Mohammed Atta] did go to Prague and
      he did meet with a senior official of the Iraqi intelligence service in Czechoslovakia last April, several months before the attack." ​
    • There is No Doubt" Saddam Has WMD, Aug 2002

• [*]There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction,
      [*]There is no doubt he is amassing them to use against our friends... and against us."​
    • U.S. "Greeted as Liberators", Mar 2003

[*]"My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators... I think it will go relatively quickly... [in] weeks rather than months."​
    • A "Strike at the Heart" of Terrorists that Attacked on 9/11, Sep 2003

[*]"If we're successful in Iraq ... we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11."​
    • Iraq/Al-Qaeda "Link", January 10, 2004

[*]"We haven't really had the time yet to pore through all those records in Baghdad. We'll find ample evidence confirming the link, that is the connection if you will between al Qaida and the Iraqi intelligence services. They have worked together on a number of occasions."​

• "Last Throes of the Insurgency", June 20, 2005

[*]"I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency."

3 people like this.
  2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Lmao. No ****! Hahahaha!

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

uhh who's listening to him now?

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

5. False

False Member

He was wrong about the war, but a more productive conversation can be had about why he was wrong and continues to be wrong than simply just ignoring him. If we ignored people who have been wrong at least once, we wouldn't be able to listen to anyone.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I would say he has credibility. He was the VP, rumsfeld screwed the pooch on the war. How much heat is Biden getting for the situation in Iraq now? None and rightly so.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/6BEsZMvrq-I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/6BEsZMvrq-I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

During the run-up to the war, I was trying to be open-minded and look at the evidence. The point that turned me against the war for good was when we started massing troops in Kuwait weeks before the invasion. It was then that I knew they were lying about Saddam having any major WMDs.

When someone is massing an army across your border with the intent to invade, if you had WMDs you would use them while your enemy is all bunched up. Why wait until they invade and they are all spread out? There was no second guessing the Kuwait-gathering and not even Bush-Cheney were stupid enough to make our soldiers sitting ducks, so the only logical explanation is that they knew there were no significant WMDs in Iraq.

They lied.

8. val_modus

val_modus Member

Why did we go to Iraq? /thread

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Pakistan is a crazy ****ed up country overrun by militant Islamists that harbored OBL for a decade. They have WMDs. Anybody give a **** enough to invade Pakistan?

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Or North Korea?

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dick was 100% on board to create another topic about Dick.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

If you think Biden is running things the way Cheney did then I don't know what to tell you.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

War = $$$$$$$

[​IMG]

14. Nook

Nook Member

Not one.......

Not two..........

Not three.........

Not four............

But five deferments!

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was against going into Iraq when I first heard about it. I thought it was ludicrous that we would consider another major military undertaking while we were still fighting in Afghanistan. I wasn't sure about whether Saddam had WMD and did find Powell's February 2002 presentation at the UN credible (of course we later found out it was anything but.) My own feel was that he wasn't going to to use them or let them fall into Al Qaeda hands and that Saddam was contained and not worth bothering with at a time when there were more pressing issues.

16. Raven

Raven Member

No one does listen to him except the 1% and their media cronies.

17. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

The fact the GWB has faded behind the scenes and Cheney is still trying to be front and center tells us what we all suspected about who was actually running show.

Biden, like every other VP, doesn't have any influence. Cheney was not a typical VP.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Biden was right on Iraq.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

no one listens to him, he is a chickenhawking draft dodger, war criminal.

ted bundy was a better republican

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I only see FAUX when I'm on the treadmill at the gym, but it's like a whole nother reality.
    It's like the only thing they give a **** about is opposing anything and everything about Obama no matter how disconnected it is from the real world.

That's the only place that even gives Cheney the time of day.