1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NBA Finals: San Antonio vs. Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 31, 2014.

?

San Antonio vs. Miami

Poll closed Jun 4, 2014.
  1. Spurs in 4

1.5%
  2. Spurs in 5

4.2%
  3. Spurs in 6

30.5%
  4. Spurs in 7

33.2%
  5. Heat in 7

8.0%
  6. Heat in 6

21.4%
  7. Heat in 5

1.1%
  8. Heat in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Miami's Big 3 combine to shoot for 70%
    ...and they lose by 20 points.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LeBron may be fine, but Wade and Lewis will not.
    Heat needed to win both games at home.

I just don't trust Wade and Lewis will continue to play like this.
    Bosh shows up every game but he never takes over.
    The rest of the Heat roleplayers are nowhere to be seen.

Spurs are just too good this year. I can't believe how well they are shooting and their depth is just raping the Heat.

Imagine Popovich coaching the Rockets. He'd turn Troy Daniels into what Gary Neal was for them before, Lin would be Parker-lite, and our team would be balling.
    Instead we get McHale. Oh my god, why is he still our coach. :(

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

chalmers has regressed something serious.

he used to be a solid point guard beside lebron and wade but he has really turned into garbage. his defense has regressed, his 3 point shot isn't there anymore and he can't even finish around the basket.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Chalmers used to be able to win them a quarter. He was huge in 4th quarters before in the finals.

Now he's just a scrub.

Also, Leonard. Man, you just can't hate Leonard. Doesn't talk ****, doesn't complain, just goes out there and balls. None of that "I'm the best SF in this series" and then failing to show up and getting torched by the other SF in the series. :mad:

6. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

James Harden's career TS% is 60.7%. That's a pretty huge drop-off. 52% is a few % points worse than JR Smith's career average. perspective

7. dischead

dischead Member

Will Cole start next game?

8. tksense

tksense Member

That means they knew how to "peak at the right time". It stems from their high level of focus and self-imposed standard.

Hey remember when they peaked "a little early" winning 20 straight before all juices are used up. During the 19win streak, pop wanted to "lose". Moreover, they still smell blood from last year's game 6.

Nothing short of winning thus is unacceptable to every single player on the roster. This is why they have the focus to shoot 90% in a qtr as a team. Yeah spurs just got lucky that the likes of Leonard and D green are such a threat for lebron James.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Talked to a MIA hater just now. He said he hated LeBron because he thought James was a drama queen. Yet he likes Tim "complain after every call" Duncan.

Go figure

Lol at the biasedness

10. basketballholic

Reposted and rep'd.

Hilarious

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

These 2 teams can win on the road. Home court doesn't matter in this series.

12. Mr. Space City

he's stays grounded and doesn't fall into his own hype like some people :p;)

13. Neped

Neped Member

He is awful and he always looks gased after playing. I think either he is out of shape or injured. They need to upgrade the starting pg during the summer.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Welcome to the Finals K. Leonard, you were the difference. I expect the Spurs will go for the throat on Thursday. They have the Heat right where they want them. Can they capitalize? Great series.

15. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

It doesn't matter, you can say he tapped out all you want. The truth is he kept going and he took the shots and he missed. However it doesn't even matter, the spurs were already making a run. The heat shot 55% in the 1st half and was still down like 20 at the half tonight. I was making a point that regardless if lebron was out there or not, the Spurs were gonna spurs and shoot lights out still. people saying lbj would have prevented the spurs from shooting at a crazy rate and it wouldn't happen again. welp, it did in the 1st qtr.

I don't have numbers on me, but they have shot at a ridiculously rate in spurts like this since I watch a lot of their games.

obviously you will lose most games when you shoot 60%, but the spurs can also play defense and grind it out with the best, since they have a great offensive scheme, they can still get the best shot possible in half court games

lol you just hate the spurs and is bias.

16. i3artow i3aller

LeBron James proved that he is a strong man with a weak vulva.

17. adobo

adobo Member

Game 5 is a must win for Miami. No way they will come back from 3-1 after losing 2 straight home games then heading back to Spurs for game 6.

Game 5 is what you call a "must win"

18. adobo

adobo Member

*Fixed

19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

people still hate lebron for his decision thing is sad, just let it go. lebron hasn't done anything since to make people hate him besides killing their teams, be the best player in the game and win championships. and about duncan, every player pretty much complain about calls. and tim is a consummate professional and just go out there and do his thing with no off the court issues.

20. adobo

adobo Member

Lebron is a great guy and a great role model (hope i don't jinx him with some controversy). Root against him on the court if you like, but don't hate him as a person.