1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GAME 1: The Phantom A/C Issue

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by don grahamleone, Jun 5, 2014.

1. don grahamleone

How many big buildings have you been in, in your life that have the A/C go out? Not many I'd assume. Suddenly the spurs new at&t center has A/C issues for game 1?

I would not put it past the Spurs to train in hot weather, then pull the A/C for the game. I hate the Spurs, but bs tactics like this piss me off even more. Maybe, MAYBE I'm going too far, but I have a hard time believing the new center doesn't have a backup system.

Props for thinking of it. Shame on you for using it.

What do you think? No Spurs had issues with the temperature. Heat... best player goes out. Someone out there must have told them Lebron doesn't train in the elements.

2. Mr. Space City

fishy,

just like the rattlesnake in the blazers locker room this year

[​IMG]

but by the next few games this will blow over and people will forget about it.

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Member

Reminds me of last year's super bowl SF vs BAL when the lights went out. I was like WTF?!? You gotta be kidding

4. RV6

RV6 Member

I think this is silly. It's easy to suspect, given how the game played out, but at the time, they could not have know the effect the outage would have, especially that it would hit James so hard at the perfect time. Spurs also had to hit their shots at a high percentage to close it out.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Reminds me of Butler vs. Duke in the 2010 NCAA Final. If Shelvin Mack hadn't cramped out in the 2nd half, Butler would have won.

6. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

ibtl.......both teams suffered from the malfunctioning AC IMHO

1 person likes this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

This is a reach.

If this is actually somehow true and the Spurs purposely kept the AC off to hurt the Heat's chances, then that is pathetic.

I doubt it though.

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

lol jeez more annoying conspiracy theories

9. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Why would San Antonio jeopardize their own players when they are older and more out of shape. (Diaw).

10. rudan

rudan Member

There's a lot of Mexicans in San Antonio, the might not understand us customs yet :)

Go spurs!

11. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

Yeah the Spurs would have been more likely to be hurt from such a thing.

12. MystikArkitect

Shady.

Almost as bad as conspiring with your buds in the off season to form a super team in Miami.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Yup, Wade and Bosh really carried this team when LeBron went out. :rolleyes:

14. Amir

Amir Member

lol, Tony Parker just said during the post-game interview that he's used to those conditions because they don't have A/C in Europe, and so he's grown used to playing without it. And considering so many of their players are international.....

15. Mr. Space City

spurs players don't play big minutes like the heat's superstar players and have a deeper bench.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

This.

Plus the Spurs DID turn it over, like 23 times? But I guess another conspiracy theory would be that they TO'd so many times to make it a closer game?

Sigh.

17. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Wade also said he has played in those conditions before. Parker hasn't played in Europe for a long time. 13 years, give or take.

Parker didn't say he was used to the conditions, he said he has played in those conditions before.

1 person likes this.
  18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Superbowl says hi.

1 person likes this.
  19. Outlier

Outlier Member

This excuse again. Lol. Whoever thinks that isn't a superteam based off few selective games that these two couldn't win the game for their team are not sane. I will say that again. This excuse is too extreme. And i've lightened up on LeBron, i just hate hearing this poor copout of an excuse.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

HVAC

VAC

VA

VA cover up.

V- turn it upside down

= Illuminati

2 people like this.