1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Would Like Luis Scola Back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 28, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://hoops-nation.com/rockets-like-luis-scola-back/

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If i'm not mistaken, we can't reacquire him until his current contract is up.

Lazy reporting

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Very pro-Scola article. He was awful this year and I don't see that trend reversing at his age.

There doesn't appear to be any interest by the Rockets other than the speculation that the Rockets "could" get him back. Big deal. They "could" get LeBron too.

Even if they actually do want him - I doubt the Rockets offer anything of value for him unless they really want the 5mm expiring.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

5. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Crappy reporting.

According to CBA, you can't reacquire an amnestied contract until his contract is over. His contract is done next year. We could bring him back for a bench role..

6. Nook

Nook Member

Unless the rules have changed the Rockets cannot trade for Scola.... Lowe knows better than that!

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Garbage article source.

Luis can't even be a backup on this team.

8. NotChandlerParsons

If we have to keep a busted old dude around for "veteran leadership" purposes, I 100% want it to be Scola. Although I think he might still look ok playing in an actual offense rather than what the Pacers call an offense.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Scola and the Pacers could agree to a buyout, and that could get him back here?

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Luis Scola CANNOT be traded back or resigned to the Rockets until the Summer of 2015 when his amnestied contract with the Rockets would have ended.

Its part of the rules extending from the previous collective bargaining agreement under the amnesty provision which the Rockets used on Luis.

We really have no clue what type of player Luis will be at that point of his career in another season. The Rockets would love Luis Scola back I'm sure, but they have to be smart enough (as MOST reporters should also be) to know that its just not possible, and they should just look in other directions.

11. dragician

dragician Member

too bad he's not allowed to join rockets. he's the missing Pf that we need.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL no he's not

13. Normalus

Normalus Member

I don't get it, we have Donuts with better contract, better defense, more lenght, youth and pretty much same level of post-moves and offense.

1 person likes this.
  14. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I agree with some of that but Scola has a pretty solid shot. Dmo has a good variety of post moves but that does not matter if nothing goes in. Scola is a liability on defense though. Scola plays hard though and is a team player.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No one has mentioned this yet but we can't reacquire Scola until his current contract is up.

16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Hey I don't know if anyone told you but the Rockets can't reacquire Scola until his contract is up.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Rockets can't acquire Scola until the original time the contract that we amnestied ends, whether he's a FA or on a new deal after getting waived.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Mandatory...:eek:

[​IMG]

19. Nook

Nook Member

Luis Scola has been amnestied and I am pretty sure the Rockets cannot trade for him.

20. conquistador#11

luifa coach of the year! he's watched basketball that's good enough for me.