1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 Players with the Highest Catch and Shoot Effective Field Goal %

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedEyesKirby, May 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Actually the guy who made this doesn't care about Jeremy nor is he a Rockets fan, but your too busy thinking about that, that you don't even realize it because I even posted his username linked to his reddit page. 200 is just a standard number because it accounts for many more players than just starters. Below 200 is just not as good of a number because it could account for 3rd string players on a hot night.

But hey whatever makes you happy at night.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I didn't get the impression that aelliot was trying to find negative, just adding context to explain why Parsons was not captured in that data (in response to someone who asked).

3. langal

langal Contributing Member

I don't think it's a stat modifying model at all. It just relies on a potentially smaller sample size.

I think the sample size is enough to garner some insights. But agree with you that it is not nearly large enough to capture the whole picture. Obviously, there are high-volume shooters would not be represented as well in this sample.

4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Furthermore, Play007 is the one who made the thread divisive with his first post in the thread. He asked for aelliot to hand him his ass. Whether or not the creator of the chart cares about the Rockets is irrelevant. Play007 made it into another "poor Jeremy" thread and it blew up in his face.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

50/50

6. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

And he "manipulated" stats to prove that point. He just "proved" it against a player you don't like.

7. langal

langal Contributing Member

Not everything is LOF drama. Please relax.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Proof that Lin is not a PG.

;)

DD

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The "Harden passes the ball at the last second creating a bad shot" is another idiotic narrative pushed around here. LOF or not, Ael is doing a great job spreading truth.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No problem taking a negative jab at Harden to make Lin look a little better.

Then complains about people being negative towards Lin by showing more context to the presented stats.

[​IMG]

11. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I don't get what's the big deal here. Can we all not just be happy with this surprising stat that someone completely unrelated to Rockets/Lin/Harden/Parsons/Bev made?

You guys are hilarious. While other fans on other teams are praising their own player and complimenting each others' players for making an accomplishment of having a high eFG% off CnS, many of you here are finding ways to bicker/discredit/find flaws on one of your own player.

If you really want Lin out of the chart, then make another one where it excludes Lin. Parsons didn't make it, big whoop. You can manipulate it so that it filters players who only has 330-380 points and I bet he'll be top 5.

I'm just surprised, and wanted to share it. I would have posted this regardless if it was Lin/AB/Bev or anyone else that was surprising on it. Go bicker somewhere else.

12. Play07

Play07 Member

how is saying harden passes the ball late in the shot clock OFTEN if he doesn’t like the drive taking a JAB ?? It’s a fact everyone from mchale/morey to a casual rocket fans knows this.

and come one jordnnn you out of all people talking about taking a jab ? lol, its well documented how you dislike LIN (you know it) which is cool - do you I could care less, but you trying to take a peace maker role is hilarious.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You knew exactly what you were doing. Pointing out that even though the evil Harden forces Lin into taking bad shots from time to time, Lin still managed to be the best on the team at catch and shoot situations. Basically if it weren't for some stupid decisions by Harden, Lin would have been even better. A negative jab at Harden to make Lin look a little better.

As someone pointed out its a widely overstated fact that Harden forces guys into these situations. Happens far less than many would lead you to believe.

And go ahead and keep believing I dislike Lin. It's always been a subset of his fans that get me. The mental gymnastics, the outrageous stats projections if he were only somewhere else, the disregard for stats that show a negative, the glorification of stats that show a positive, the blame placed on coaches and teammates all for the sake of excusing his mistakes and propping him up to be better than he really is.

Just because I tend to point out how ridiculous these people are doesn't mean I dislike Lin. I have said and still say that I wouldn't mind keeping him as our first guard off the bench. He has his flaws, but has improved where we needed him, including the area this thread was started to show, and think he has a lot of value to our team as a 6th man that can play both guard positions. It would be nice if he were a little cheaper or if our teams contracts weren't setup where it's almost a necessity to move him in order to make a trade happen, but nothing can be done about that now.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We know he can score.

How's his ballhandling?

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not worthy of a starting PG.

16. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Are you the same larsv8 who made those funny comments on culturemap?

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Possibly, depends on which comments you are referring too.

18. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

Best rockets performance this post season was Dwight, and it's not even close. Lin had one decent game?

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

wow so if you filter OUT Lin then he doesnt appear in the top shooters, interesting.

so the numbers only mean something if Lin performs what qualifies as a catch and shoot as many times as Dirk and Clay? Do we run the same amount of plays for Lin as GS and DAL do for them?

You should be comparing it to how Beverley performs, and seeing as Bev fits the 3&D mould desired by McHale, and by that assessment Lin is doing well

Don't even get me started on how much better Harden's number would be if we actually ran a ****ing play for him, catch and shoot off some late clock shovel on vs actually running a play to get a man a good look

20. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I was kind of shocked to see Lin in there, I thought his "catch and shoot" was a weakness.... BUT...

Aside from stirring up the haters here, I don't see the point of bringing this up.... It's not as if Rockets or Lin fans would now hope that he stays for another season.