1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Brando2101, May 11, 2014.

?

Would you stop following the Rockets if they traded Lin?

1. Yes

18.5%
  2. No

81.5%
  1. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Where is the 'Hell NO' option?

2. jaedenky

jaedenky Member

And you don't know a thing about basketball or even how to put a coherent thought together. Oooh, you checked my location, wooptie doo mofo you know how to use a computer. Take my advice: Learn the game, it will make you a better informed fan, also try getting off your fat ass and play the game, maybe you will learn something about the sport.

40,000 posts and you're still clueless.

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No but one turn over during a crucial minute of the game is just as bad or worse since it pretty much cost us the game. This is a Rockets fan board not a Lin fan board. There are other sites for that. It is not Tinman's fault that he has actually seen what a good pg that compliments our Big Man looks like or what a pg that honestly deserves to wear a Rockets uniform looks like. So if he is critical to Lin's game like most Rockets fans on this board are right now you are just going to have live with it or find another site like "ILickLin'snutsack.com". Honestly how can anyone who claims to be a basketball fan be a Lin fan. Can anyone honestly think of a single GM that would trade their starting pg for Lin unless they were the Nets with a used damaged D Williams? So many better players to chose to be a fan of and some people pick to be a fan of a pg who has no court awareness, inconsistent and is average at best on offense and has no ability to play defense....aka he just sucks D1ck.

3 years he has had a chance to prove himself in the playoffs yet he b*ch** out of the playoffs as a Knick, he b*ch** out last year too against OKC, and this year he barely showed up and choked up the ball when it mattered.
    Houston Rocket Fans do not need anymore excuses or apologies which is what Lin's career is filled with. If we want to win a championship we don't need another Superstar. We just need to get rid of the role players who can't do their job correctly like Jeremy Lin.
    We can focus our whining and b****ing on Mchale but having Lin in Houston is our major problem. It is jot Mchale's fault we have Lin. He wanted to keep Dragic.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know one thing, the Rockets are trying really hard to trade Lin.
    They aren't trying to do that with Dwight or James.

Oh, here's how the Rockets were with Lin in the lineup against the Blazers:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...f-struggles-loom-over-rockets-offseason-plans

Link to stats:
    http://stats.nba.com/teamVsPlayer.h...=Playoffs&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=Totals

All you do is talk about racism because basketball, you don't have any stats to back up your point on Lin, which is wrong of course.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Regular season Lin:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b0dmJW4ueEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post season Lin:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vh_wLpQjh6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Hey Jaedenky I am an Asian American and I can't wait for Lin to be shipped elsewhere. Mayweather was right he is only getting attention because he is Asian. It definitely is not because he has skill. It does not take a genius or anyone with a ton of basketball knowledge to understand now that the two week fluke called "Linsanity" also does not define a possible career. It just showed that the sun shines on a Dog's ass every once in a while. Sometimes that one play does defines a series. If you watched the Rockets Championship run tapes you'd understand. It is something that every single true Rockets fan on this board understands. Our team was built on single moments that defined the momentum of the game and eventually series. You can ask Nick Anderson who choked at the free throw line if it didn't define his career. You can ask Mario Elie when he hit that three and gave a kiss of death if that moment didn't define that series. Read the name of the site. Those single moments where we clutched a game that defined a series to the next and eventually brought this city two championship trophies is why this site exists.
    No one bashes Lin because of his fans. We bash Lin because he SUCKS DICK.

1 person likes this.
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You really think "I never heard that, therefore it is not true" is a strong response?

Lin is worse than John Wall.

I never denied that Lin has suffered abuse. I said the LOF's far outnumber the racist morons, and they write heated posts as long as yours every day. Jason Whitlock is a total moron loser, but he does not flood CF with a hundred posts everyday. LOF's flood CF with a hundred irrational posts a day. Your own post described well their emotional investment in this guy and how it distorts their evaluation of his talent.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am very sorry Lin had to deal with all that, that is unfortunate.

But the only fact that matters is, despite all of that, Jeremy still had the opportunity to succeed here and he was unable to get it done. And now it is time for him to go.

1 person likes this.
  9. the shark

the shark Member

To the 173 people who would quit watching the Rockets without Lin (as of this posting). After next season good bye to all of you LOF as there's no way Lin will still be on the team.

10. fluors

fluors Member

True, the Rockets Offense wasn’t very good with Lin on the floor during the Playoffs; e.g., the team OffRtg was 109.8 with Lin on the bench and 104.3 with him on the floor via nba.com). But its not surprising. The Rockets also generated better offensive numbers during the Regular Season with Lin on the bench (108.6 verses 107.2). Lin is the best playmaker on the bench and that's a good thing but I think his real value is on defense, oddly enough as a sixth man. Portland averaged fewer points (108) with Lin on the floor. His post-season defensive stats mirror what he did in the Regular Season. His Regular Season Defensive RPM of +0.31 ranks 19th best in the league at his position; see the following: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/1). No, it’s not Pat Beverley good (Pat’s DRPM is 7th best in the league at PG) but it does show that Lin is an above average defender (compared to the other 87 PGs in this league). And his +0.31 is 5th best among backup PGs in the league. Nothing spectacular but Lin is a reliable and solid defender. Here are some stats to support that argument (via nba.com):
    http://stats.nba.com/teamPlayers.ht...Playoffs&MeasureType=Advanced&PerMode=PerGame

Houston Rockets Playoff and Regular Season Defensive Ratings via nba.com via link above):

Player-------DefRtg(2014 Playoffs)--------DefRtg(2013-2014 Regular Season)
    Jeremy Lin----------108.0----------102.0
    Francisco Garcia----109.7----------102.6
    Troy Daniels---------110.5----------104.8
    Terrence Jones------111.2----------105.8
    Omer Asik-----------112.0----------102.1
    James Harden-------112.5----------103.1
    Patrick Beverley-----112.6----------101.8
    Chandler Parsons----112.8----------104.0
    Dwight Howard------112.9-----------102.2
    Team Average-----111.8----------103.1

JLin is frustrating to watch and root for but I am a fan. Lots of my favorite nba players are difficult to root for sometimes. Lin's DefRtg of 108.0 in the Playoffs is best on the team, and, his 102.0 Regular Season DegRtg ranks second best of our nine man rotation. If not for that poison pill (not his fault), Lin’s role as backup PG/SG would be ideal (and good value) for the Rockets. By the way, I use both espn's DRPM and nba.com's DefRtg (it helps to eliminate bias) since the two sources derive these numbers very differently.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I got nothing against Lin but he is jeckyl and Hyde .
    He's played way more with the rockets than any team in his career.

Watching the playoffs now, the teams now have players who are consistent .

No he was smart to join the rockets. Less pressure than New York, much better team and amazing fans.

This is the organization with Yao Ming as a icon.

12. archinkent

archinkent Member

Really? You sure about that?

13. TheJet

TheJet Member

After reading the last three pages of your posts get increasingly combative I have to ask two questions:

1) If you've watched so much basketball and are that schooled in the game, why are you defending Lin so vehemently?

2) Are you defending Lin the basketball player or Lin the Asian American?

Of all the people I know (first hand, not online) that "know the game", players, coaches, analysts, friends and fans, not one has put up the fight to defend Lin the way you have. Even friends that are self proclaimed "LoFs" have no delusion about the player Lin is.

If Jeremy was just another PG trying to make it in the NBA would you be defending his play? His mistakes?

I agree with some of the things you pointed out in earlier posts. You made some valid points. But honestly I think you were suckered into a debate that's taken a turn for the worse.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

The dude is a LOF.

You come to Clutchfans and you keep preaching Lin's fight against racism in the GARM and label people you can't even see racist because they comment on how badly he plays and on top of that you completely make lame excuses on why Rockets fans love Yao Ming and hate Lin because Yao wasn't facing American racism when he was in high school. Oh boo hoo

Rocket fans have been freaking nice to Lin, this sorry LOF lives in Toronto and has no clue of how Lin is treated in Houston or in Texas by fans.

One thing is absolutely clear from his post, he cares NOTHING about the Rockets.

I saw X-Men days of future's past, they need to program the Sentinels to destroy all LOF. These see two people of the same race, one of them wearing a Hakeem Jersey and another wearing a Lin Knicks jersey, you know what the right programming should be

[​IMG]

#494 tinman, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  15. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

This thread makes me sad.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

You shouldn't make blanket statements like that. There have been numerous posters who would bash on Lin just to piss off LOFs, stop having a selective memory.

Lin is what he is, a Jekyl and Hyde mediocre PG occasionally he looks great but the inconsistency doesn't offset his contract

17. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'll acknowledge I do it. I find it hilarious to get male groupies angry

18. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

There are 174 misguided people in these forums. This is for Clutchfans, or Rockets fans, I think you guys would be better off with your own Linfans site.

19. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I sometimes wonder how much Lin would be hated here if Linsanity were to reappear with his new team. Especially if he were to steal a game from the Rockets..... I can see those Scottie Pippen comparisons flowing like a burst water main.... Heck, there might even be Royce White comparisons......

What boggles my mind is why he's hated so much in the first place. I just don't buy this "LOF annoyance" or "race" angle anymore.... I think "LOFs" are more an excuse to hate him than a real annoyance..... (And I think most "LOFs" are trolls, not actual Lin fans.) The way fans and even analysts reacted to that turnover in Game 4 was absolute lunacy. ("He should have called a timeout".... Give me a break!!) Thank God the Clippers fans didn't react that way toward Chris Paul after his critical turnovers in the LAC/OKC series.... Even though CP3 is an all-star and Lin isn't even a starter.

And finally, I think Morey might be afraid to trade Lin. Because the last thing Morey wants to see is this player repeating what he did in New York. So much so that I think he'd be willing to risk that balloon 15M salary, for a likely bench player another season. But I believe Linsanity resurfacing on a new team would just devastate Morey. Because the focus would not be Lin's success with his new team, but why he struggled so miserably on this one.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Signs you are a LOF.

You mention Chris Paul in the same thought as Lin.

You think Linsanity will happen again like a rainbow peaking through the rain clouds.

You make "what if" scenarios because what did scenarios were not good