1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Floor & Peak for the Top Three Prospects.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by RightToCensor, May 24, 2014.

1. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

1. Andrew Wiggins

Floor- Gerald Green/Danny Green Hybrid

Andrew Wiggins is coming into the NBA making his money off his elite athleticism and ready defense that can only get better with added muscle. Wiggins has that quick leap that we see in Gerald Green whenever he rebounds or dunks the ball. He can defend both guard positions (and SFs on the perimeters) with the foot-speed and physical build that Danny Green has. His 3PT shooting is desisive and hard to judge with the lack of attempts he takes from downtown compared to his midrange and his game in the paint. He thrives in transition much like Gerald Green although I'd like to see Wiggins finish the ball better than he did at Kansas.

Peak- Tracy McGrady

This may be a hard thing to swallow, but Wiggins today isn't far from a healthy McGrady in terms of on-the-court skill. Wiggins ball handling isn't on par with T-MAC and he lacks the true alpha dog mentality that superstars in today's NBA have. If drastically improves both those aspects of his game he can reach his true potential.

2. Joel Embiid

Floor- Emeka Okafor w/ a Hakeem flashes

From a physical standpoint, Okafor is the perfect comparison to Embiid. They are both bigs who have great size, can alter shots, can rebound, and are athletic enough to run the floor. The thing that Embiid has over Emeka is the timely flashes he has over his mentor Hakeem "The Dream". The only thing that has been keeping him from being the consensus #1 pick is his back, but after that workout video he did recently he looks mobile enough to throw that injury scare out the window.

Peak- Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon

Obvious.

3. Jabari Parker

Floor- Tobias Harris/ Jeff Green

Jabari will make his bread and butter on his offensive skills, primarily his scoring. He WILL NOT be looked upon as someone you could have guard your opponent's first or second. Parker has the body of Tobias Harris where he could slide at the PF position and defend them in the post. He has a decent post game and the ability to finish around the rim like Jeff Green. Jabari Parker also has that decisive athleticism both Green and Harris has even though he is constantly overshadowed by Andrew Wiggins' highlights.

Peak- Paul Pierce

He doesn't have the size Carmelo has and isn't the pure scorer he was coming out of college so I don't see him becoming the post player Melo currently is. If Parker can improve his shooting and ability to create his own shot I can see him having a similar game as the former Finals MVP.

2. ironariza

ironariza Member

how about Kristaps Porzingis and thanasis?

3. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

Porzingis' floor is hard to predict seeing Euro bigs have stuggled translating into the NBA. His peak could be an athletic Pau Gasol.

Thanais's floor is a shorter, more NBA ready version of his brother. His peak will probably be a 3 and D role player.

4. ironariza

ironariza Member

@25, can Rockets get Kristaps Porzingis?

5. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

Yeah, but I wouldn't recommend. I'd much prefer we rather draft Napier or Payne. They both have proven NBA Talent and can bang with NBA players.

6. ironariza

ironariza Member

then nbdl most of the season? maybe napier not

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

so dante is Mr.Invisible man i see. not surprising

i was watching a sports show on espn last week and they said they had concerns dante wont be ready because he hasnt played any basketball in the past 12 months.....

FWIW i have dante 3rd in my big board embiid 5

Dante

Floor: Vasquez with more athleticism
    Ceiling: combo of rose and westbrock

#8 Voice of Aus, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  9. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

Completely agree. I used to have Exum at 3 and Embiid at 4, but when that workout video came out I started to feel more confident in Joel's health.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

While I appreciate the detail... What your saying is:

Floor - some average NBAer at their position
    Peak - HOFer at their position

Not that insightful

11. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

Nobody in this draft is coming in a HOF'er so it's appropiate the way I ranked everyone. I simply found the closest NBA Comparisons interms of a physical stand point and skillwise to give people an idea of how each player plays, even though it's not 100% accurate it's still good comparisons.

Peak is thr best scouts expect every player from based soley on thier skillset coming into the NBA.

12. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Stop picking TMac has Wiggins' ceiling.

Wiggins lacks the IQ and vision to be TMac. Even if he improves his handles, shooting, he won't have TMac's IQ and vision. His ceiling is Dr. J.

13. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

Brah get me back on ISH. I miss the illogical threads and gimmick posters.

Start the FREE RTC movement!

14. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

dante exum
    peak penny hardaway
    floor shaun livingston

you cant really compare an extremely tall point guard to shorter guards because they see the floor differently. Watching exum and hardaway highlights is almost watching the same player.

#14 Jmcballer88, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  15. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

You took Jeff over the edge. I think he legit hates you. If that screenshot was true.

16. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

What screenshot? Link me to it

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

ill quote you
    you cant really compare an extremely tall point guard, to a point guard who has had their career taken by injuries. that mkaes 0 sense

thats like saying embiid will either be hakeem or greg oden because both are tall

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

what are the odds that every single comparison you have made is exactly the same from grantland lol

19. ironariza

ironariza Member

kid is from grantland

20. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

You really bring no point to the argument. Im basing this on similar skill sets. Anfrenee Hardaway was best at taking it to the rim as a 6'7 point guard it gives a player a different look. Greg oden and hakeem have completly different games???