1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 19, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I like to think about what I'm watching. Just because it's make believe doesn't mean it has to insult the intelligence of the viewer, or completely disregard the prior source material for sake of star factor. In Marvel's films (or even the Nolan Batman series / Man of Steel) they generally at least attempt to maintain the prior material. Liberties are taken, but not usually just because. (Because wolverine. Because Jennifer Lawrence. Because we screwed up so badly previously we need to change the changes that we initially changed.) There's at least logic behind the differential in my opinion.

#261 seclusion, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  2. platypus

platypus Member

You know what I hate? People that try to shoehorn criticism in a perfectly good move. We get it you don't like the movie in some aspects. Just move on.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I was addressing his comment. Quit b****ing. If you don't like it don't read it.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

If you don't read it, how would you know you don't like it? :p

1 person likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn that was good. Probably the best non-Nolan superhero movie ever. There were a few things I thought were meh, but they did so many things right, and did all of the important things right. Not the least of which was...

undoing much of the crapfest that was The Last Stand.
    9/10 would watch again.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He clearly read all of it.

7. thejav

thejav Member

Should I watch this in 3d?

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's pretty good movie. Last stand soured the franchise with me, so I'm not having a nerdgasm, but it built on and exceeded First class, which is nice.

I didn't like it in 3d. Too much going on.

IMO, hd might be better.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So 3d sucked?

10. BonziWellsGOAT

Good News. Apparently Quicksilver is going to be in X-Men: AoA

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Apologies for size, I don't want to spoiler because people will think it's a movie spoiler.

[​IMG]

12. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I pray to the Gods that they bring back Nightcrawler in AoA. Also that somehow, despite my gut feeling, Tater Channing is able to not screw up my favorite X-Man.

Although if Houston sports has taught me anything, it is to not trust a hope. It has forsaken these lands.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I'm not spoilering anything, if you haven't seen the movie, what are you doing in this thread?

In the comics, Wolverine has lost his adamantium before and gotten it back. That is literally a whole other movie worth of story involving Apocalypse. Plus, since this movie is years after the events of The Wolverine, there are really no natural ways for anybody to set up the explanation. "Hey, Logan, remember how you got your adamantium laced skeleton a 2nd time?"

I thought of one though, but it is still pretty clunky and it would be when Kitty says "This might sting." When she says that, maybe he could have said something like "can't be any worse than the FIRST time I got my adamantium."

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

To the people asking about 3D or 2D. The answer is never watch anything in 3D.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

To those wondering if it's worth watching in 3D: I personally don't think so.

It's a superhero film, for sure, but I think there was more story/plot than special effects. In fact, the 1970s past, which is most of the film takes place in, really only has Magneto being worthy of 3D. The present/future, which has X-Men like Storm and Iceman have worthy 3D scenes, but there's just not a lot of runtime devoted to the future. Hopefully that wasn't too spoilery.

Uh, to ask people if it's worth spending X amount of time and money to watch? The movie JUST came out. Spoiler tagging something is just good practice.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I've come to the conclusion I don't like xmen.

They all end up the same-
    Captain Picard saying sappy lines and Magneto dominating.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hmm, I disagree. I can't imagine watching Gravity in 2D. 3D was definitely the way to go.

Awesome superhero action movies are always awesome in 3D. I saw Spiderman in 2D this year, but I thought it would probably be worthy in 3D.

I think superhero movies (sans DoFP), and any movie featuring space or stuff in the sea would be worthy for 3D.

Stuff like RomComs and comedies definitely don't need to be watched in 3D. I don't even think these are offered in 3D, most of the time.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It depends on how it is filned.
    3d was useless for xmen. Didn't notice it at all.

19. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Quicksilver was the best thing. Typical Bryan Singer just a bunch of meh and male booty shots.

The whole time I saw a twenty something actor I said to myself "yeah, he let Singer sodomize him for the role."

...except Quicksilver. His girlfriend Emma Roberts (Julias's niece) would never date a casting couch poof.

20. tingalingy

tingalingy Member

I agree about Gravity. I watched it in both 3D and 2D, and the only way to go was 3D.