1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Imagine him with an accent

Rocket River

2. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone seen it yet? I'm thinking about buying tickets for Thursday night with the wife.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Friend of mine saw it; said it was the best in the series.

4. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I went ahead and bought tickets. I'm assuming I'll need to get there early because of the lines.

I'm glad to hear that though. I thought First Class was done well.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That depends on the theatre. There's been a surprising lack of people at openers lately.

He liked first class also, and he's usually pretty nit picky about these movies so I trust his opinion.

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Always catch the matinee at theaters nowadays. Less chance of a-holes being in the theater

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

got my seats reserved for the 415 show on friday got some great seats too -- looking forward to this

cant do the friday night or the thursday night shows -- too many people too packed the 715 show was completely sold out -- 415 there were 5 seats that were sold. I am fortunately to be able to leave early on Friday to make the 415 esp on a holiday weekend I doubt many people will be here past 3 on Friday

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I haven't read the other pages of the thread, so I'll just say it. Is anyone else irritated that the title is a direct ripoff of the title of the classic LP by the Moody Blues?

9. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Where do you go in LA? My regret I didn't go to the I'm assuming near Hollywood. My wife and I keep talking about going back out there. I miss the Griddle.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Not really, but i'm sure htwnbandit feels the same way.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Got tickets at Sundance for Thursday. Reserved seating suckers. 3D though :(

12. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Nice but not a fan of 3D.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Give him a chance.

He's in Bryan Cranston's position, pre-Breaking Bad. No one would have given Cranston a chance at being Walter White, because all people know him from was Malcolm in the Middle.

Just because Tatum's best acting chops lie in comedic roles doesn't mean he'll absolutely bomb at playing a completely different character. He might even own the role, like Jackman owns Wolverine.

Ledger didn't suck at being the Joker. Cranston didn't suck at being in a drama. Tatum might not suck at being Gambit.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think DoFP might be the best summer blockbuster of 2014. The story is good, the actors are better. The only movie that can probably beat it in scale, is Guardians of the Galaxy. And that's hard to say at this point.

You old. :p

But just doing a quick Wiki search, the Moody Blues album was titled "Days of Future Passed," not "Past." So not a direct ripoff. Plus, the movie was based off the storyline in the comic, anyway. And "Past" makes more sense than "Passed," anyway, if the word "Future" is involved.

Also, it's a comic storyline-turned-movie, which is in a whole different medium than music. It's not like a musical artist today used that particular title as their own.

1 person likes this.
  15. SexyButIgnorant

Dear God, no. Cranston had been acting for years and had done well in his small roles outside of Malcolm in the Middle. Heath Ledger was a great actor in all his movies before the Dark Knight. Channing Tatum has proven to be funny in stoner comedies playing off Jonah Hill, that's it. Not a good actor.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to not suck as Gambit, he's my favorite character. But I'm not very hopeful.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Tatum doing a cajun/creole accent mixed with some fluent french out to be interesting.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

What? Heath Ledger, before Dark Knight, did nothing to affirm that he could carry a role as a psychotic freak. Cranston was apparently cast in BB based on a performance in one (1!) episode of the X-Files.

The guy from Brokeback Mountain and A Knight's Tale would be the greatest Joker on the silver screen? I'm sure you saw that coming.

The dentist from Seinfeld / the goofy dad from MitM would be one of the greatest characters in one of the best (if not THE best) drama of all time? I'm sure you saw that one coming, too.

My point is, just because an actor is well known in a particular genre vs other genres, or just because an actor hasn't show the ability to act as someone completely different than what's been seen, doesn't mean they'll screw up the role.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and that Tatum WILL be a good Gambit. I'm just saying that Tatum could surprise you.

18. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

If you've seen Tatum in that one movie Dear John, you would know what fool cannot act worth a damn. He's the Megan Fox of male actors.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Tatum flexing his acting muscles in Magic Mike should be enough evidence for his greatness.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

While it's true about giving Tatum a chance, Cranston and Ledger were actually trying to pick roles that didn't fit the same guy.

Tatum likes being Tatum. Which hasn't hurt his career, but doesn't prod him to expand it either.

I'm guessing GI Joe with a French accent...