1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's best draft interview answers via twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, May 19, 2014.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good lord almighty -- welcome to my ignore list. I can't believe your obsession is taking you to such stupid places.

Anyway, awesome thread, OP. Am enjoying before and despite the troll(s).

2. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

He really has gone FULL TINMAN, eh?

I mean, playoff losses are a hell of a drug.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Why is Morey going clubbing with Damian Lillard?

5. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Morey is b****ing on twitter again!!! SMH.

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Most GMs do keep a low profile, but Maury is the exact opposite. To add to what you two have said, Maury is also the same guy that believes height doesn't matter and admitted that the Rockets use NBA 2K games to simulate how players will do if they're traded to Houston.

I'm not sure he has competed in organized sports at any level other than maybe ping pong. Although he likened himself to an undersized and unathletic PF, which has led some to speculate that his obsession with so many undersized 4s stems from his own failed attempts at trying to play basketball (i.e. trying to find that one undersized 4 that will shed the mold and prove everyone wrong). Thus far he's failed miserably at this.

The guy really should keep a lower profile, but he's gone on record (I'm paraphrasing here) as saying that he wanted to get into professional sports and realized he wasn't a good athlete and that the only way he would be able to do so was to own a team or run one. Now that he's here attention whoring and egomania have taken over instead of shutting up and letting actions speak louder than words. Then again when it comes to tangible results and actual accomplishments, Maury doesn't have much to show.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No kidding. He probably thinks free throws are just coin flips. So what if he turned an average team into one capable of being a contender for years? Big whoop. What has he done for us in the last 30 days other than tweet so as to build his own celebrity???? Frankly I'm disgusted.

pssst, oakdogg, am I doing it right? I'm new to this whole whiny, overreacting troll stuff.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No offense.... I get what you are saying, but this is kind of what is wrong with fandom in sports today quite honestly.

The fact is.... ITS NO FUN for alot of the people here. Its all business and championships or we are torturing ourselves in our basements, listening to the Cure on non-stop repeat, pulling our eyelids out in disgust.

Whats wrong with the NBA and other sports being fun, and their GM's trying to have a little bit of fun in the off-season? 29 teams DONT win the championship every year. That's alot of torture and agony you are going to have to go through if a championship is it, and only it. It doesn't mean that he's any less serious about winning if he likes to crack a joke every once in awhile. If you'd rather have a GM that is stone cold, never talks to the fans, and does nothing but hunkers down in his office so-be-it, but you aren't speaking on behalf of ALL fans out there. That's just your preference for some reason.

I want this team to get to the promised land just as much as anyone else, but I have been through the years of being miserable when the team loses and goes through first round exit after first round exit to the point where I've completely missed out on enjoying some pretty amazing sports moments with Yao & T-Mac, & even Stevie Franchise before them.

All I'm saying is... WHY SO SERIOUS???(insert Joker image) Try to enjoy the game for what its supposed to be so we aren't so miserable all the damn time. Leave that for the Texans die hards.

Also regarding these tweets-

Look we'd be dumb to think that any of the players that gave these answers are players that would remember saying them and could be potential free agent or trade targets. Most of the players probably have no idea who Daryl Morey is and are off doing other things in their lives right now. Daryl is a smarter guy than some folks around here give him credit for. He's going to watch his arse in pissing off NBA players who might take notice.

Not saying he's right to be airing private interview responses, but some of these are just too damn funny & sad not to share. If anything it should teach player agents to get better at preparing their client for the draft. Maturity & preparation matters.

9. CertifiedTroll

Why are you on Clutchfans. Shouldn't you be studying?

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Maybe I misunderstood the coin flip comment. If so, that alleviates a large part of my concern. I should have done a little more investigation on it if I was going to make a big argument about it. My bad.

11. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

wow the hate for DM is strong here. You guys are taking him for granted like spoiled little b****es.

1 person likes this.
  12. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

It's COUNTING stars. And trying to add another star.

DM on twitter is social media as it was intended. Five star thread

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Why isn't Morey working on his jumpshot?