1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey's best draft interview answers via twitter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Voice of Aus, May 19, 2014.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i love morey <3

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>We have a lull in draft interviews so I will highlight some of the best answers I can remember from past NBA drafts</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/468542497275510785">May 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>What do U know about the Rockets? &quot;Great team. Great history.&quot; How about any players? &quot;****, you caught me, I don't know anyone.&quot;</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/468543041913909248">May 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Which foot did you hurt? &quot;I have been telling people my right foot&quot;</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/468543257748574208">May 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Why do you like rebounding? &quot;I can't do anything without the ball so when I don't have it I have to go get it!&quot;</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/468543554743455744">May 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Do you lead by example or verbally? &quot;I lead verbally, not by example.&quot;</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/468543832968421376">May 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Did you have any issues with your coach? &quot;Coach and I did not see eye to eye.&quot; On what? &quot;Playing time.&quot; What else? &quot;He was shorter.&quot;</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/468544272657285120">May 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Did you have any issues with your coach? &quot;He didn't like when I took early shots.&quot; What about when they went in? &quot;Then he liked them.&quot;</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/468544643224043521">May 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Will sign off with best answer of all time that I tweeted last year as well: Can you pass a drug test? &quot;Today?!?&quot;</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/468548730430316546">May 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

can we guess which players said which answers in the nba

#1 Voice of Aus, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. Amir's Johnson

#Llull2Houston

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The verbal leader is James Harden.

As illustrated by the Lillard shot, James tells people to defend but doesn't actually do it himself.

4. PatBeverleyFan

Troy Daniels? :grin:

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What do U know about the Rockets? "Great team. Great history." How about any players? "****, you caught me, I don't know anyone."

— Daryl Morey (@dmorey) May 20, 2014

Asik

Which foot did you hurt? "I have been telling people my right foot"

Yao

Why do you like rebounding? "I can't do anything without the ball so when I don't have it I have to go get it!"

Dwight

Do you lead by example or verbally? "I lead verbally, not by example."

Yes, Harden

Did you have any issues with your coach? "Coach and I did not see eye to eye." On what? "Playing time." What else? "He was shorter."

D-Mo

Did you have any issues with your coach? "He didn't like when I took early shots." What about when they went in? "Then he liked them."

Lin

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why does a GM have a Twitter account? STFU - quit trying to be Jimmy Fallon. Really sick of this guy.

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Will sign off with best answer of all time that I tweeted last year as well: Can you pass a drug test? &quot;Today?!?&quot;</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/468548730430316546">May 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

jimmy fallon has nothing on murray

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is the equivalent of saying "why is ______ having fun? Shouldn't he be working out or practicing? He's an NBA player."

9. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

So freaking sick of Morey. Got us two all-stars and brought us back into relevancy. Stupid ass GM now I have to watch Rockets ball.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm sure he's devastated that he offended you by having a Twitter account.

11. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

:confused:

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Da fuq is this?

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Id say you are better than this but given your tangents before with 2pat /t rob, and the Asik trade that wasn't, I guess we can just expect a 6 month OCD tangent twice a year from now on.

However in this case this is the best player on the team that isn't going anywhere for years to come. You are going to have a VERY VERY emotionally rough year if you let this obsession continue. I just don't see how your going to be able to even watch the Rockets if you hate Harden this much.

14. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Morey's an executive, not a celebrity. The more he talks lately the more ignorant he sounds. Winning close games is blind luck (coin flip comment)? Coaches don't matter? It sounds like he has never competed in sports at any level.

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I know this is a joke, but does anybody have an update on this guy? Haven't heard that name in a while, is he ever going to join the team?

16. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Our GM thinking he's a damn celebrity is growing tiresome. I don't wanna see the Morey having fun joking on twitter after a disappointing season. I'd much rather have my GM keep a low profile, and stay outta the spotlight until called upon. I can why other GM's think Morey's ego is too big

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You are in one of the smallest minorities I've ever known. Heck, even my Laker fan friends tell me they wish Morey was their GM. His transparent via twitter and reddit is amazing. I think you just suffer from drinking too much Haterade.

18. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Many of us have Twitter accounts, but don't view ourselves as celebrities :confused:

Why would Morey be any different? Next you'll want him to stop visiting clutchfans to get trade ideas :p

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What do U know about the Rockets? "Great team. Great history." How about any players? "****, you caught me, I don't know anyone."

White

Which foot did you hurt? "I have been telling people my right foot"

Yao

Why do you like rebounding? "I can't do anything without the ball so when I don't have it I have to go get it!"

Howard

Do you lead by example or verbally? "I lead verbally, not by example."

McGrady

Did you have any issues with your coach? "Coach and I did not see eye to eye." On what? "Playing time." What else? "He was shorter."

D-Mo

Did you have any issues with your coach? "He didn't like when I took early shots." What about when they went in? "Then he liked them."

Lin

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's one of the dumbest complaints someone can make. Absolutely moronic.