1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do women like greeting cards so much?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IBTL, May 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

What's the deal with greeting cards? Women seem to love them.

it's amazing what a $4.99 piece of cardboard will do. bad husband/ bad boyfriend and the cure all that a greeting card produces. kinda weird.

I find it to be quite silly and shallow on some level to go to walgreens and spend a few minutes reading through some generic statement buy a card and women just eat it up.

Give it a try tonight. Go buy a greeting card for no particular reason write one or 2 sentences and then see what I am saying. you will be the man. For what ??:confused:

I don't get it but don't hate the player just the game. if it takes a piece of cardboard to get a piece of ass I guess. I know some of you will say I am being rude / misogynistic or whatever and I don't mean it like that, I just don't get it. I love my lady and all, but I just think the whole charade is kind of a joke and the result it produces.

This has been the case with every woman I have met through my dating chasing tail years too. Women will say it is thoughtful but I think it is just the opposite. It's like the most unthoughtful thing in the world.

2. HPD

HPD Member

I write a poem...makes them panties wett

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

My wife doesn't like cards or roses. #Bode.

4. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I know what your wife likes.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

even better if you slip in a dickpic

1 person likes this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

are you sure about that? I mean when was the last time you got her one?

I'm telling you go try a $4.99 experiment and see what. report back. Easiest $4.99 you ever spent BANG for buck.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

OP gives his lady greeting cards from Walgreens so that he will feel like the man. If my lady told your lady what I give her on the reg, your lady would soon become my lady as well.

Put that in a card breh.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

touché.. good one

9. Orange

Orange Member

I just give her the D

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

duly noted. So your gal likes the gucci greeting cards? What is your move?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've literally never purchased a greeting card for anyone, ever.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

nice boycott.

Give it a try. Just because. I am telling you. I don't work for hallmark I just am trying to understand how/why it works so well? I know this board probably isn't the place since it is mostly guys here so all I can say is don't knock it till you try it. Protip of the day.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm very sure. She'll read it, say thank you and then goes about her bidness. A written note works much better.

I've sent her a few bouquets of flowers too and she just cuts them up, separates the different flowers and puts them in vases all around the house. We brought some flowers home from her grandmothers funeral and she's still b****ing about them. Saves me cash. Now, if I bring her home a bottle of wine, it's GO time.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I buy them all the time. Women are hard enough to figure out so I don't question what works. Actually Hallmark sells cards online that you can customize. Those are Golden.

1 person likes this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks. Yeah I might have to try that one. On a post it so it doesn't take too much thought ( I kid)

that one works but that can sometimes head to the dreaded *headache* zone.

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Just dont let her read this thread... or bang...there goes your couch....

17. bongman

bongman Member

It might not be the card but the thought of knowing you were thinking about her even though you were not with each other. To women, I can see how that can be romantic. You can probably grab a rock and put her name, give it to her and it might have the same effect.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Everytime I have receive these . .. a birthday card or whatever
    I try to figure out the appropriate amount of time to wait before I throw them away

Women seem to keep them forever

Rocket River
    just excess crap around the house.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Agree with op but it's the way that men and women see things differently. Men see object and women see relationship to the object. Men see value in terms of utility (think how we like to buy tools that can do several jobs) while women see value in terms of uniqueness, variety or emotional attachment (several purses, five pairs of red shoes, etc).

You summed it up calling the card a piece of cardboard. You're looking at its utility which of course it's useless and quickly discarded. Women see the meaning behind it you were thinking of them as other posters said.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I just tried putting a note in her purse. Lame part is I got busted doing it and now I look like some kind of weirdo putting notes in her purse. She said I had a suspicious look on my face. she didnt read the note yet though. We'll see.

it's cool she doesn't come on here she was banned.

yeah I guess that is my point is that it seems pretty thoughtless in general to buy a greeting card. Very half ass but it brings great reward for some reason.
    I will try the rock idea. I like it.