1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arrow: television series discussion thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulftsk, Feb 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Seriously, how is a show on freaking CW this good? Great finale.

I was growing tired of the flashbacks to the island this year. Well, at least it won't be flashbacks to the island next season.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Really enjoyed the finale there was A LOT to shoe horn into just an hour and they managed to get everything in and set up the next season. Just think about everything that went on in this episode: Suicide Squad (there were like 3 subplots in this), League of Shadows (canary subplot), Thea (Merlin subplot), Roy (red arrow and Thea subplot ), They even had enough time for a flashbacks to the island! I haven't even gotten around to the Main story of DeathStroke! All that content is pretty amazing for an hour especially after watching that Walking Dead Finale that managed to actually leave out characters..

Don't get me wrong, I love Felicity but her being a surprise fan favorite is the single worst thing to happen to this show. We are going to be getting heaps, and HEAPS of these guys looking into each others eyes for 6 seasons. I wonder if Laural was a fan favorite would it be her instead of Felicity ambiguously declaring her love for Oliver every 15 minutes. The Fans being enamored with Felicity has to be the reason they basically fast forwarded the Laural-has-fallen-in-love-with-the-Arrow-but-who-is-the-Arrow? storyline. That's a good 2 season of material done in couple episodes.

Don't sleep on these CW shows.If you rummage through the teen angst you can discover some gems, notably Supernatural and surprisingly The 100.

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I agree the first 5 seasons of Supernatural were AMAZING, watched the first two episodes of The 100 and it was okay.

Decent finale for Arrow had to skip a lot of the episodes in between because they were boring but i liked the finale.

4. SexyButIgnorant

Finale was pretty good! Oliver's plan took me by surprise and the Ollie vs Slade showdown was pretty cool, with the flashbacks and all. And the end has me SUPER excited for the flashbacks next season.

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

That was such a tease for all of the fans that wanted Ollie and Felicity together..

6. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

So I assume that the Green arrow will guest star on the Flash’s show or will the Flash guest star again on the Arrow’s show?

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I was rather young when these shows were on, but I remember Buffy/Angel always had crossovers. I''m assuming it will be like that.

8. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

They balance it out with what i assume to be a bad show called jane the virgin.

9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Alright so I zoned out at the end. Did Quentin die?

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

So is there going to be a flash show.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Veronica Mars was on CW. way better

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The finale was pretty epic. I loved how they brought back so many elements from this season and they shoved so much into the finale but it all worked together.

13. SexyButIgnorant

They left it open. We find out next season, although I'm guessing he's a goner. It's impossible that the CW has a season finale without someone important dying.

14. AFS

AFS Member

Judging from The Flash extended trailer, seems like this is gonna be the case.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this show is awesome

16. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

The 100 is a good show, agreed.

17. conquistador#11

three things..
    The Starling city Rockets have a better logo than us, how is that even possible? murray and Lex bring back the ketchup and mustard please!!

Felicity is a freak in bed, all women w/ snug piercings are.

finally, where can I find that 13ft pull up machine? thanks in advance!

18. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Agreed. Wish it had lasted longer.

[​IMG]

Hmm... not the best. But not the worst thing ever. Better than the shark dildo rocket.

19. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

It was a fantastic season, no sophomore slump for this DC hero.

I really hope they avoid the Felicity/Oliver love, just keep the tension there and focus on the action.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

If there was anything that I was disappointed with, it was probably Oliver and Slade's fight. It was pretty weak. I did like how they staggered the past and present, but I thought the Merlyn fight was so much better.