1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Western Conference Semifinals: (2) Oklahoma City vs. (3) LA Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 4, 2014.

?

(2) Oklahoma City vs. (3) LA Clippers

Poll closed May 6, 2014.
  1. Thunder in 4

1.4%
  2. Thunder in 5

2.9%
  3. Thunder in 6

20.0%
  4. Thunder in 7

24.3%
  5. Clippers in 7

20.0%
  6. Clippers in 6

28.6%
  7. Clippers in 5

1.4%
  8. Clippers in 4

1.4%
  1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The rule doesn't say anything about which hand, the rule states if hitting the hand causes it to go out, he hit his hand, that caused it to go out. The rule would be pointless, if knocking one hand off the ball to allow the ball to come off the other was legit.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It isn't all about assist numbers. In the playoffs, the clinical Spurs are averaging ONE more assist per game than OKC. That isn't even the point. It's about ball movement and off-the-ball movement.

I watched the Nets crumble at the end of game 4 against Miami. They lost their minds. The very thing that brought them back (movement, passing, unselfishness) went out the window once the game was tied. Dumb da dumb dumb. Who's gonna win an isofest between those two teams? Duh.

Thibs isn't a good offensive coach, but give him Rose and he's still better than Bonehead. Give him another superstar offensive option, it would be more obvious.

3. coffeelover665

30+ fts missed calls, fake calls. Surprised the Clippers were even up

4. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

But you can blame the refs for 17 OKC free throws in the first quarter, and Durant + Westbrook shooting 28 free throws to 20 for the entire Clippers team.

I could tell Clips were getting jobbed well before halftime. Yes, they did mess up and choked, but the Refs kept OKC in the game all night.

5. solodolo

solodolo Member

Lmfao this was pathetic . Choke or not . the refs sure did there best to help okc

second worse way to lost ... ya already know what's first

6. TMc1

TMc1 Member

For those who are saying NBA is rigged, seriously can you really tell who touched the ball last before it went out of the bound in that play? I mean COME ON, there is no way you can tell. You can't just make the statement based on Doc's reaction. The guy obviously is emotional and over-reacting since he couldn't accept the fact they got ripped in the last minute.

Kenny Smith said it well in the post game, basketball is game of mistakes. CP3 made two deadly mistakes in the end of the game and OKC capitalized on them. Clippers deserve the loss.

7. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

It shows how well the Clips really played, and how putrid OKC was.

Durant shot something like 3-17 for most the game yet they were still close because both he and Westbrook would go to the line if even breathed on.

12 free throws for KD and 16 for Westbrook, and most the calls were phantom.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Very curious how the Clippers react in game 6. This loss should be more devastating than the game 4 choke was for OKC. Curious if they can put it behind them.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Regardless, I doubt either of these teams can beat the Spurs.

10. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Cmon, it's clear who it was out on. Barnes swiped down and to the right, yet the ball goes up, then BEHIND Barnes. The ball doesn't head out of bounds until Barnes' hand is nowhere near the ball.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The refs have been keeping every team in it all post season, that's how they ended up with so many game 7s, that's how Portland were always close enough to us.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Crotch sock on Bark's head to finish out night lol

13. BleedsRocketRed

Well, in the end this is all that matters. Call is correct

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

LOL AT YOUR SIG

1 person likes this.
  15. Awesome

Awesome Member

.....but thats not what happened.

Marc Spears' Twitter

[​IMG]

16. instantno0o0dle

I don't know if I saw it correctly but he hit the other arm not the one holding on to the ball. It was a foul but Jackson straight up lost that ball out of bounds. If they're going to call that foul on Westbrook's three then they should have called the foul when Jackson barely tapped Paul's arm at the end.

17. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

LOL @ inconclusive. Guess that just gives them carte blanche to make any bad calls and never be held accountable because to them it can always be "inconclusive".

18. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I'm watching from work so I may have gotten a bad view because I can only watch sporadically but I am I the only one that thought that Reggie Jackson was clearly fouled on play as well? I know that that wouldn't be reviewable but if the refs are going to apologize for a wrong out of bounds call when they might as well apologize for that too.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The losing team was going to complain regardless. But at the end of the day, blowing a 13pt lead in 3 minutes = choke. There's nothing else to it. You can't blame anyone but yourself.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That's precisely why I don't see what Doc is crying about. Barnes fouled the man. The proper call should have been OKC shooting 2 FT's. Shut up Doc.