1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets brass planning to discuss bringing in Mike Brown as an assistant to help defensive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 12, 2014.

1. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Seriously, anything that would help Mchale coach this team would be great.

Let's just see what he can do for us, I mean, the talent is already here, if Mike was able to do what he did with Lebron in Cav's before then I guess its worth a shot to bring him in.

The talent is already in Houston, we just need someone who can cultivate it.
    I honestly don't think our players sucks in D, even Harden can do it when he wants to, they really just need a coach who knows his craft and can make his players think that improving themselves would be at their biggest benefit. They really need someone who knows D set-ups.

And its really unfair to hang the Lakers gig over his head to be honest, I mean, who's still worthy in that team?

I really think having the right players is a big part of being successful, and since Dwight and Asik are already here, then why not give it a try?

I have concerns regarding comments that he has not catch up to the times though, that his technique is not updated? I'm just hoping here that what he does will work on our players, be it his old style or just the fact that he's been around the league for a long time, and they'd respond to his teachings.

2. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Hi. I just want to ask, who is Lawrence Frank? I haven't read anybody else mentioning that name before. Do you have any info about him? Thanks! :grin:

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Have you guys figured this out? Morey is trolling Clutchfans by presenting this half-ass idea. Mike Brown who coached the most disorganized team in the league where Luol Deng claims that player's behavior and performance were unaccountable. Morey reads these forums and is enjoying a troll moment...

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

cyberx=morey?

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He probably has a non-post account and some how logs in anonymously. We all know people complain about how Harden is unaccountable for his half ass efforts on nights particularly his defense and it's well known that Mike Brown condones this type of behavior in Cleveland throughout the years as well as his brief time with the Lakers. Think about it. I think Morey is just pissed and presented a brain melt down rumor just to see Clutchfan's reaction.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lmao, I could see this being true.

7. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

LOL!

If that is true, please Morey, for the love of God, let us get our victory by dismissing Mchale after you get your 3rd star?

Seriously, all fans ever gained this summer was bitter loss, disappointment, anger, and this, the ultimate betrayal of all, by letting an incompetent coach such as Mchale come back again next season. :(

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

But you weren't talking about me specifically, right? LOL. Welcome to my ignore list, and feel free to do the same. I'm done.

1 person likes this.
  9. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

****. If he's gonna be like that.... if they're really thinking of bringing him in I hope he doesnt mollycoddle Harden:mad:. Haha if Morey is just trolling us, then he really has a wicked sense of humor. :p

Since he's not firing Mchale, he should just go fetch our 3rd star player fast and poach us some great assistant coaches wherever he might find.

There's no changing his mind about he views how we can get a ring, so we might as well just rely on his knack for luring talents in. :cool:

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I used to think of you as a good poster before today. This very immature. Especially when I didn't attack you.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I feel like you're a good poster, as is Pip, but you really can't whine about people whining and he did go too far with the hoe thing.

Both of you were wrong. Your point about not posting about the Mchale situation because nothing can be done doesn't make any sense because everything we post on this site ultimately has little to no affect on the rockets. I'm sure Pip is just as die hard as I am when it comes to the rockets, so his point about us journeying on into mediocrity really hits home--especially if you take a look at what this franchise has been through over the past decade and a half. Its pretty much history repeating itself. As a fan he comes here to discuss his favorite team and being told that he shouldn't discuss what he feels is pertinent rubbed him the wrong way. What he did as a result wasn't right and he probably regrets it but its easy to see what set him off.

All in all , this is a great site and all of us should feel lucky to be able to post here and take a deep breath when we feel that things get too serious. I mean..it is the internetz :p. (This coming from a guy that probably vents his frustrations more than anyone on here.)

1 person likes this.
  12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't think that's true, Morey would just tell us outright if he wanted us to know, you would think so right?

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He presented a leak rumor but I don't think he would just post it. That's what gimps like the OP are for.....

1 person likes this.
  14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thank you for explaining this way better than I ever could, lol.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO! well ok then.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I stand by everything I've said, but I don't mind you thinking I'm wrong. Someone calling me out of my name is an issue (for me). Someone disagreeing with me or thinking I'm wrong is not. ;)

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Welcome to the world of sports blogs, internet wars and social media.

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

So what does Mchale do exactly. He is not responsible for the defense and probably not the offense. Probably a useless POS who happens to be Moreys puppet. This is what the Houston rockets have become.

19. jonkey86

jonkey86 Member

I vote no, 2 bad coaches is worse than 1 bad coach.

20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I used to just really really dislike McHale as a coach.

Now I'm really really starting to DISLIKE Les as an owner (for keeping Morey) and Morey as a GM, because he is bringing back Milk Hair.