1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets brass planning to discuss bringing in Mike Brown as an assistant to help defensive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 12, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Don't want him for offense, just the last 10 seconds, he seems to be able to always get someone free for endgame shots.

2. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

So it seems like the vast majority is already against this move just because of the name.

Has anyone watched Mike Brown-coached defenses with a critical eye with any regularity? Last year they obviously weren't good, but they didn't have a DPoY in the center and Kyrie Irving may be a worse defender than Harden. His stint with the Lakers was like, 10 games with new parts being integrated.

His first run with Cleveland had Big Z in the middle and they consistently produced great defenses. He was also the coach during LeBron's transition to perennial first team defender, although we obviously don't know what influence he had on that.

From my perspective, once you get past the name this could be a great hire. Hell, if all he does is work with Harden and get him to buy into the "I made LeBron into a DPoY candidate, work with me" kind of mindset it would do wonders.

3. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

Why not Lawrence Frank? Rockets actually brought him in for the head coaching job with McHale so they obviously like him. I don't think he'll be afraid to get in Hardens face about his defense.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

For starters, no one is worse than Haren at defense. Secondly, its not a question of Brown's schemes and tactics- It's about his presence as an authority figure to command respect from a guy like Haren and Dwight to get maximum effort and make sure they stick to the scheme. He DOESN'T have any.

He's been run out of town his last 2 stops and his DERP level is above 9000. I can't even imagine the footage of clueless looks when the cameras pan to our sideline.

7. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

They need to bring in someone for offense too. The plays they design after timeouts are pretty bad.

8. SunsRocketsfan

Mike Brown sucks.. what has he ever done in this league?? Lebron James made Mike Brown.. a duck could have coached the cavs with Lebron and they still would have won. He failed ever since LBJ left.. and failed as the Lakers head coach and failed again coaching the cavs..

What are we trying to do? Have a all start of lame failure coaches?

9. SunsRocketsfan

Mike Brown
    Kevin McHale
    Mike D'antoni

What a allstar coaching lineup

10. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

NICE! Thanks Cyberx!!! Can they hire him as assistant coach for now and then offer him the head coaching gig next year? :grin:

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Sounds like a Disney movie waiting to happen. These loveable losers must come together and win a ring, if they don't, it's curtains for their careers. Vince Vaughn plays Kevin McHale. Anthony Anderson plays Mike Brown. Gene Hackman plays their spiritual adviser Rick Adelman. Plus, special appearances by Danny Devito and Ria Pearlman as the Van Gundy brothers.

Rocket Revengers- Coming this fall.

1 person likes this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He gets really b****y and catty sometimes so I think it might be him. Just ignore his negative pot shots.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

LOL.

Must.....give....rep.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

L O L.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This thread is really getting out of hand, I especially like the part where the people who are calling other people whiners are whining themselves, then throwing temper tantrums, really it's a lot of fun, lol.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I can tell by the way you keep coming back to pile on that you took that whining comment very personally. I apologize if it bothered you that much. And I'm glad you think some dude sitting on here and calling me a hoe for giggles is fun. Carry on.

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Mike Brown? Mack Brown is out of the coaching job too, the rockets should get that Brown because he could be a better coach for basketball than football.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Lol. You guys are all waayyyyyy too testy right now.

Step away from the keyboard before someone gets butthurt.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

NOT AT ALL, lol. I just find it entertaining and funny when someone calls people names and goes after someones manhood and then gets offended when the same thing happens to them in reverse. You didn't reply to me saying so I was a whiner so I'm not offended at all and also, you are not the first person to call people whiners so I wasn't specifically talking about you, However the fact that you felt the need to reply to me shows guilt.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Another thing is when I said it was "fun" I was being sarcastic you guys are getting out of hand, that's what happens when you try to tell other people what they should or should not post, I am not mad at you at all and I didn't not call you a b**** or a hoe, I don't speak to women like that.