1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Draft Day Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Funny how much Tennessee alters their game plan to account for him.

First off, runs to his side probably amounted to a negative gain for the offense. The majority of the runs were to the other side.

Second, about 80% of the time, or even more, there were two people that helped in blocking him.

Third, if you look at the pass plays, the offense had to rely on quick passes to account for not having much time with Clowney trying to rush.

As we saw last year with Watt, its great to have that kind of presence, but it clearly doesnt translate, on it's own, to victories. However, if you have two people that rush the QB, that require that kind of attention, then you are really ****ing the offensive coordinator.

If either Nix or Pagan can take on two blockers, then I really dont know what the offense can do to account for what's going to hit them. This defense is going to get nasty if they can stay healthy. I love the sound of Cushing and Bullough backing up these guys (I think Bullough is better suited for ILB than Reed).

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Home schooled?

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I called it first!

Get ready for some drama, St. Louis.

4. Mr. Clutch

To be fair, you attacked him of having an agenda first. You were clearly accusing him of being a homophobe.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

What I predict is that Michael does not make the roster...I think he latches on the practice squad and gets a chance later on this year...That St. Louis' Dline is very talented and has tremendous depth; it be hard to see how he finds a spot on the 53 man roster.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Fisher says he will have a spot for him to play ST.

This is more than just football and it has already proven to be a great decision, financially speaking.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I stayed on point with any accusations and how they related to his message. That's a big difference. Saying Sam wouldn't have been drafted if not for being gay, and that he only came out to advance his career -- those are fairly "out there" opinions that having a certain agenda would help explain.

On the other hand, me refuting bobby's claims by quoting numerous neutral draft sources that had Sam as a legitimate prospect and referencing the fact that SEC watchers pegged him as the league's DPOY? Those aren't my opinions. Whoever I'm personally a fan of has absolutely nothing to do with Judy Battista at NFL.com saying that Sam should be a 4th or 5th rounder. To run from that side of the argument on the back of "he's a Mizzou fan!" is illogical when my entire argument is based on outside sources.

One side has a possible correlation while the other is a classic diversionary tactic. Not hard to figure out.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Bunch of grown men acting like a group of old women at their weekly tennis get together!

Can we talk about our awesome draft we just had?

9. The Cat

Fine, I'll drop it after one quick recap of all of bobby's gems.

1.) Jason Collins receiving an NBA contract from the Nets influenced Michael Sam's decision to come out, even though Sam came out two weeks before Collins got his first 10-day deal.

2.) The first Australian or Chinese NFL player is as notable of an issue in NFL locker rooms as the first homosexual player.

3.) Michael Sam was only drafted BECAUSE he came out as gay and had "no way" of being drafted on football merit, despite the fact that he was considered a top 100 prospect prior to his announcement and the fact that numerous national football scouts pegged him as mid-round pick immediately prior to last week's draft.

4.) Michael Sam only came out because he thought it would advance his career, despite the fact that no other active player in NFL history had ever done so before him, largely due to fear that it would hurt their careers.

5.) Michael Sam is not courageous, even though he openly admitted to something that no one else in his field had ever done as an active player seeking employment.

6.) Jason Collins would not have received a contract from Brooklyn if not for his orientation. This is the same Jason Collins that has been on an NBA roster for every season since 2001 and the same NBA that routinely keeps veteran centers around until they turn 40, regardless of skill.

7.) bobby is unbiased on this issue.

This was a nice learning experience! With that, I'll let everyone get back to talking about how great this draft was for the Texans. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Mr. Clutch

8) Chris Sims was a good NFL QB

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I NEVER said that Chris Sims was a good NFL QB.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Haha. The Homer Cat is as unbiased as they come.

13. Mr. Clutch

Oh my bad

14. The Cat

Where did I say that?

15. The Cat

Hey, my stalker is back! Nice to see you, bud.

P.S. When did I say I was unbiased?

16. CometsWin

08-20-2009 09:46 AM

17. The Cat

The obvious context was this thread and current discussions.

If you'd like to discuss mistakes I've made throughout my entire life, yes, I have quite a few. I'm guessing you do as well. Do you want to talk about them?

If not, would you mind telling me what my opinion on Chris Simms in 2009 has to do with my summary of bobby's argument, above?

18. CometsWin

I thought it was clear Mr.Clutch was making a joke and I giggled. My apologies. Carry on.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Collins "came out" on April 29, 2013 and it was met with almost universal support (anyone who didn't support it was essentially bullied about it)....Collins' action and the resulting media love-fest is what influenced Sam's action.

I see no reason why being the first openly gay player would be any more notable than the first Chinese or Australian player. Lots of people are gay, I don't see how it's a big deal.

Jackson Jeffcoat was also a top 100 player before the combine....#51 actually. Still touting pre-combine rankings as if they mean something I see. The kid was a tweener who lacked athletic ability and got by on hustle in college. I know you don't want to hear that because you are a fan, but it doesn't change it.

I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand, it DID help get him drafted....

There is nothing contagious about it, it's who you are. These days admitting to intolerant views is MUCH more contagious than admitting to being gay. Your attitude is proof. You think it was some kind of heroic act when all he did was be true to himself is considered acceptable, but what if "who he was" was something deemed inappropriate like say having non PC viewpoints? Would that be "courageous"? Of course not. Homosexuality is acceptable, intolerance is not thus there is no courage in making an acceptable admission.

He was a terrible player when he was 30 and he was 35, he made the statement after he assumed his NBA career was over but he got one more contract because a team wanted to parade him around to show off how awesome they were for hiring the gay guy.

Another accurate statement.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We most definitely live in a different world. Can't even watch a good movie without them promoting the gay rights. But hey to each his/her own right.

Yes sir the Rams will have their hands full with ole buddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.