1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA Gossip] Donald Sterling Hates the Blacks, Including Magic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by percicles, Apr 26, 2014.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, he's a pretty classic antebellum racist who embraces all the racial stereotypes. It's not that he doesn't want to consort with them, but that he wants them to occupy certain racial roles. He thinks blacks are athletically superior, so he wants black athletes and he's leary about a white guy being able to compete. I'm betting his tax accountant, on the other hand, is not black. He'd probably prefer a Jew to do that work.

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

New Los Angeles Clippers CEO will be Richard Parsons, who in recent years was chairman of Time Warner and Citicorp, CNN has learned.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fculw616m2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe src='http://abcnews.go.com/video/embed?id=23675303' width='640' height='360' style='border:none;'></iframe><br/><a href="http://abcnews.go.com/us">ABC US News</a> | <a href="http://abcnews.go.com/entertainment">ABC Entertainment News</a>

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/abc-news...ng-eventually-file-divorce/story?id=23673962#

<iframe width='416' height='234' src='http://www.cnn.com/video/api/embed.html#/video/sports/2014/05/09/nr-new-sterling-audio-explanation.cnn' frameborder='0'></iframe>

Donald Sterling purportedly says jealousy behind racist comments

Donald Sterling tells Anderson Cooper: 'I'm asking for forgiveness'

{Excerpt airing pregame on TNT}

The people that will decide my fate I think are not the media and not the players union but the NBA.

The owners?

The owners. If the owners feel I deserve another chance, then they'll give it to me.

There is a path for you to fight their decision, isn't there?

Of course. If you fight with my partners, what at the end of the road, what do I benefit, especially at my age? If they fight with me and they spend millions and I spend millions, let's say I win or they win, I just don't know if that's important.

And:

[​IMG]

#1404 J.R., May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Looks like Donald might not fight, but Shelly will lol

6. Awesome

Awesome Member

She's delusional... a non controller owner even if she was one has no power over this situation.

7. noone

noone Rookie

If she was Donald Sterling's adopted jewish princess I would of defended him. Require counselling for the stupid stuff he said. I was holding out for that. When he admitted to using her for sex I changed my mind.

8. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Ya but NBA players saying "We want what is right" by wanting Shelly Sterling out. Guilt by association is a dangerous thing. If it were 2 business partners and 1 partner said some racist things why should the other partner suffer? How is it "right" by having Shelly Sterling removed?

I understand from NBA owner contract perspective, the NBA reserves the right to remove anyone associated with ownership of a team by virtue of 75% league-wide owners voting for it. But that doesn't mean it's "right". What a bunch of BS for lebron and other players to say that.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What is "right" for the NBA is what makes the NBA the most money. If Shelly Sterling staying in place doesn't cost the NBA money-- in terms of sponsors, ticket sales, TV rights negotiation and CBA negotiations-- they would let her stay.

It's not the NBA deciding whether she is guilty by association, it's the "marketplace" of the NBA's various business partners making the decision.

Also, let's not pretend that Mrs. Sterling had no association with racial bias. See here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...to-have-made-racist-statements-too/?tid=hp_mm

In the end, the NBA is free to do what it wants within contractual limits as a private business and it (i.e., the other 29 owners) likely don't want to deal with her.

#1409 Carl Herrera, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  10. Awesome

Awesome Member

She's not a majority or active owner

She's not the one who was voted into the association

She is associated with him who could easily be running things through her

She is a racist as well as he is, and she was defending him then when it got heated she tried to say she isnt with him. The lady has become a walking contradiction in itself.

She's co consipered with him in the past so there is no doubt she'd do it now

I mean I could go on, but honestly she has little to ground to stand on here. Right now she's nothing but a distraction and desperate but it's too late. Donald's antics have caught up with him, and when you fall you shake the ground around you.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Clippers owner Donald Sterling: Magic Johnson isn’t a ‘good example’ for children <a href="http://t.co/DGwsJBuJiz">http://t.co/DGwsJBuJiz</a></p>&mdash; SI NBA (@si_nba) <a href="https://twitter.com/si_nba/statuses/465831650728095744">May 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shelly Sterling's lawyer:

[​IMG]

#1411 J.R., May 12, 2014
  12. Rockness

Rockness Member

This is going to be tough. Who does Sterling think he is, he's not in any position to say anything about Magic, regardless if it's remotely true or not..

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Man, if that isn't the Sterling calling the Johnson black...

[​IMG]

14. Awesome

Awesome Member

Stick another nail in the coffin for him. He's going after the wrong guy

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

That was amazing

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G4r8TrfWznQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HnCaLeS64PM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0f3YYOZ7s8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M03fgQHlAQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-qXDUApgj3w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g_DCctndPFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1416 J.R., May 12, 2014
  17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Don't really know what to make of the video's. They're a bit funny but the gist is don't trust bchs.

18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

these hoes ain't loyal

19. m0lson

m0lson Member

Why are they just giving him so much attention? I feel like they're just picking on him now - I mean, he is CLEARLY senile

20. Mr. Space City

sterling prolly just dug his own grave with that interview.