1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

Would Lin leaving crash the Houston economy and destroy the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 11, 2014.

?

Will Houston lose it's ecomony and the Rockets if Lin left?

1. Yes, and every Houstonian will stop driving Volvos

44 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Yes, because Houston doesn't have a real economy, we are on food stamps

41 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Yes, if Lin leaves, the job market will turnover like Lin's ball handling

29 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Yes, Lin saves Houston fans money by not helping us beat Portland

9 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. Yes, Lin spends lots of money at Houston strip clubs, the backbone of Htowns economy

40 vote(s)
    13.6%
  6. No, because Lin fans are the dumbest people on earth

131 vote(s)
    44.6%
  1. ChippedToothLin

Yes! Catastrophe will rain down on HTown, gas prices gonna skyrocket and everyone gonna revert back to caveman days. TV Johnny will rise as king.

2. dznutz

dznutz Member

why does clutchfans have all these dumb lin threads but realgm doesn't?

3. chimera34

chimera34 Member

:rolleyes:

What I don't get is...why do we wish to label and ostracize people as a pretend fan. Look I understand its cool to be a "true" fan for life. I consider myself a "true" Rockets fan, but what really separates me someone who fell in love with the team because of Hakeem vs a fan who did for JLin as long as both of us still support to Rockets? As long as the Rockets win, I'll high five anyone next to me who supports them too...

But if this same kind of **** happened during Hakeem's era, I might have been turned off being a Rockets fan after Hakeem retired.

We are a community...we should try to be more inclusive rather than exclusive.

Don't get me wrong, I think you and I see mostly eye to eye on many Rockets issues, I'm just tired of the childish bickering that's more and more common even beyond topics on JLin. In a way, it would be nice to see him gone...hoping that we would have more normalcy and less of tinman being a dbag but I feel like these forums have lost its utility as a venue for Rockets fans to come together as a unified sports community.

4. Rockfan94

Rockfan94 Member

I have been with Clutchfans a lot longer than most of the visitors here, and THIS thread is indeed the worst I have ever seen on this forum. How in the world can you make such a dumb ass generalized comment about Lin fan? Do you understand that some die-hard Rockets fan are also Lin fans, simply because 1) he is a Rockets and 2) his story is inspiring?

1 person likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

this is what you don't get

During the Hakeem Era, it was ROCKETS ONLY FANS

The Rockets were NEVER on National TV, it was all local

And Hakeem was already in Houston with the Cougars

Nobody ever worshiped scrubs like Lin and we didn't get Kobe Haters aka Tmac fans either

The biggest two player controversies were Kenny Smith vs Sam Cassell playing time and Robert Horry being inconsistent

And when Maxwell got on the news for waving a gun at Luby's.. WE ALL KNOW WHERE LUBYs is

And some idiot says that Houston isn't a real economy compared to New York,
    we DO NOT consider that person a Rockets fan

Clutch City was the realist era , that's why this freaking place is called CLUTCH FANS!!

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You seem to be mistaking something. The Lin fans that we desperately want gone are NOT Rockets fans and will never be Rockets fans. There is no room for those type of garbage on a community for Rockets fans.

7. ZNB

ZNB Member

Because the LOF army chose to come here unfortunately.

8. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

1. You forgot that Lin ONLY Fans are not Rockets fans
    2. Yeah his story is inspiring, but not to the point where people think he's a basketball god
    3. It's a generalization. I have evidence of stupid LOF posts. All of us who actually read the GARM have seen dumb crap from the Lin fans, calling Clutch racist

Back in the day, a REAL ROCKETS fans wouldn't stand for this stupid statement

but I guess some of us are old school

9. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

If there are 5000 thousand Lin fans who won't watch the Rockets if he gets traded, then that means there were ZERO ROCKETS FANS when they joined and ZERO ROCKETS FANS when they left

I don't give a damn how many Lin jerseys or bobble heads they buy.

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

Easy there, Linman, it's not worth it.

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

What on earth are you talking about?

All the Rockets fans are united like X-Men days of Futures past against the Lin Only Fans

Somebody send Wolverine back in time to delete all of them

12. noone

noone Rookie

Tinman has some worthless energy futures to sell us.

13. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Why is your thought process so demented?

Did you even read the question you posted in this thread or the choices you made?

Just go back and tell me what part of these choices makes you a true Rocket fan.

Yes, and every Houstonian will stop driving Volvos
    Yes, because Houston doesn't have a real economy, we are on food stamps
    Yes, if Lin leaves, the job market will turnover like Lin's ball handling
    Yes, Lin saves Houston fans money by not helping us beat Portland
    Yes, Lin spends lots of money at Houston strip clubs, the backbone of Htowns economy
    No, because Lin fans are the dumbest people on earth

If you make fun of Lin, who is still legitimately part of Rockets Organization, does it really make you a true fan of this basketball franchise?

JUST WHAT PART OF THIS ACTUALLY PROMOTES ROCKETS?
    Go ask yourself.

You have to remember, not everybody starts as a fan of basketball, some people basically start being a fan once they see a player they like, and for me it happen that way.

For me, as a new fan of Rockets, I am offended that you would classify me as "one of the dumbest people on Earth".

I have a college degree in medicine, thank you very much. :rolleyes:

We don't even see Lin having friction with the Rocket players, so who are you to make a poll as deplorable such as this and basically just downgrade him as a player?

If something like what the LOF said before has made you get these impression, then why bring up something like this to fuel another argument?
    I don't see anyone posting like that currently, and I've mostly read every comment that was made in this thread since January, and no one's ever come close to making any crazy LOF comment since then.

Let it rest, coz as you guys have often said, Lin is gonna be traded this year, so just let this issue rest and go create some thread that actually talks about Basketball and how to make Rockets a better team next year.

14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Lin fans have PhDs
    playa hating degrees

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

This is going to be one long and miserably aggravating offseason. FML

16. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

I like Lin but I've come to love Dwight as he played during the playoffs. Even if Lin leaves I'll still root for Dwight. Does that make me want to stop supporting Rockets? Hell no, I knew since last year that he was to be traded and I still join here to discuss basketball.

And I've come to support this dysfunctional team as a whole.
    I've even come to tolerate Harden's lack of D, because he's a talented guy and just need someone to push him to reach his highest potential.

Not everybody here started to support Rockets since birth, but some of us actually came here to support the team.

Regardless, any fan, be it a transitional, flighty, or a new one, or whatever you want to call it, does not deserve to be called a garbage fan. Because I like Lin that makes me one? What kind of logic did you even applied with that?

I'm just asking for a bit of respect here, even if this is just in the internet, we may not know each other in real life, but I just want to tell people that a new fan like me will be offended if you call me a dumb fan or a LOF, so this kind of thread that doesn't discuss basketball or how to promote the longevity of the Rockets organization, should just be stop.

17. real_egal

real_egal Member

Imagine some Asian said that, it wouldn't be considered a joke or even trolling, but "true reflection" of all clueless or disrespecting LOFs.

At Clutchfans, it's been too often that it's never about what is being said, but rather who said it.

18. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

maybe you don't think that Houston's economy is going to crash if Lin leaves and that New York has a true economy.

maybe you don't think Lin is better than Damian Lillard

You have to prove that, so far, the majority of vocal Lin fans here have been shown disrespect to the founder of our board, our team, our city , and everything that's meaningful in life

19. langal

langal Member

Lin is the Houston economy.

20. noone

noone Rookie

This thread is worthless. Tinnieboy is making the claim I said that Jeremy Lin leaving would ruin the Houston economy. It's untrue and deceitful and dishonest. He claims I'm a Lin fan. That's not true either. I voted no on the poll. I wasn't the one that brought up New York. I made a comment that New York can do what ever they want because it's New York that is it. I don't understand why there needs to be a thread. This stuff isn't even true.