1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers compare defending Spurs VS Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by queazie, May 12, 2014.

1. queazie

queazie Member

1 person likes this.
  2. queazie

queazie Member

Not only our defence is bad, so is our offense... According to the blazers :(

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. WestendMassive

Hopefully all these claims will fire up the Rockets to play better next season.

They should hold a serious grudge that the Blazers continue to talk them down as if they were easybeats, both on the offensive and defensive end.

Someone at one of these press conferences needs to remind Portland how close the games actually were. They're acting like they swept the Rockets in 4 blowouts.

1 person likes this.
  5. FeaR

FeaR Member

How many times will read the same ? Maybe you should get over the elimination in game 6. It's over.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Spurs offense has more movement than any other offense in the nba.....

7. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Spurs teamwork, movement and strategy make us look like a D-League team.

8. yysmer

yysmer Member

No offense, but comparing the Spurs' offense to the Rockets' offense aka harden iso is an insult to the Spurs and Pop.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That would certainly explain why they beat us every time we played them this year

10. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Sames goes for the entire league. Spurs offense is one of a kind.

11. queazie

queazie Member

"They move the ball, they share the ball," Blazers guard Wesley Matthews said, beginning innocently enough before diving into his checklist. "[The ball] is not going to stick in anybody's hands. Houston might have been a little easier to defend because you knew where they were going to go. This time, Marco [Belinelli] comes into the game, they run floppy action for him. They run a hammer action for Patty [Mills]. They run angle screens for [Manu] Ginobili, they run angle screens for [Tony] Parker. They've got so many weapons."

Thanks what Wes said.
    I'm not over game 6 loss. It's true. It's because one round of playoff just exposed our team of so damn many flaws. During the regular season, I believed our team to be a top offensive team. Now I have doubts. I really don't understand how McHale can still be here. I'm sure if Pop were the coach of this team, with the same players, we would have advanced further.

12. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

...& in other related news, man lands on the moon.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what is this floppy action and angle screens. floppy shmoppy. the only play you need to run is PLAY HARDER!

CMON GUYS! you just gotta go out here and...PLAY HARDER!

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I agree. C'mon, people. The Rockets fired Dean Cooper. Isn't that enough for you?

15. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lol in my opinion i thought our team was better offensively last year - only because i feel like the team was more balanced. this year it seems like it's mostly dwight and harden, parsons and a little bit here and there. the bench seems insignificant (because it's not as good as it was last year). this year our offense is quite predictable. harden iso, dwight post up. swing swing shoot? very little screens used.

16. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Harden's weapon is flopping to the line and that was taken away :p

17. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Anyone with a right mind of common sense know Spur's Offense is miles better than ours. We believe our main scorer should be our starters and bench players just for rest for our starters. As great as Dwight was, I would rather see some PnR plays drawn up for Daniels to get open. Rather than feed the post all series. Gotta do more and make the other team hustle.

18. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Harden averaged 9.1 FT/game in the regular season and 8.3 FT/game in the playoffs vs the Blazers. That's a significant difference?

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"No way. ON THE MOON!!"

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He wasn't getting to the line late in games though. But the real dropoff was in his shooting percentage.