1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale will meet with general manager Daryl Morey and owner Leslie Alexander in Florida on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, May 7, 2014.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't ever remember not liking a Rockets coach this much. I really hope he just resigns with some dignity.

2. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Mchale: I'm going to cut to the chase. In order to compete at the next level, wait for it... we need to introduce a Jeremy Lin hottie for each game. By my calculations, he will avg 30-6-6 a game. We can introduce her at game 1.

[​IMG]

Morey/Les <reaction>:
    [​IMG]

3. rocketblood713

Screw it fire him hire Dream as coach lol I dont care... I just dont want to see LA Dwight Howard

4. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

A feeling that is shared by the large majority of Rockets fan I believe.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Holy ****!! Look at that nice ass beach!! Where is that?!

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

so what happened?

7. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Has a "players" coach ever won a title ?

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5-1jgNhopNo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kevin McHale has agreed to a 4 year extension. He will also become the Rockets' President of Basketball Operations overseeing Daryl Morey.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

phil?

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/oArst6JaE1w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&start=16&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/oArst6JaE1w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&start=16&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

When he was hired, I was one who alluded to Rudy T when talking about what McHale brings to the table. Until now, he's certainly lived up to expectations in the "ego management" aspect of coaching.

But don't forget that Rudy also had problems dealing with young players. Post-Hakeem era Rockets, we had young players under Rudy who also ran into the same problems fans have trouble with McHale today, which is that players aren't locked in the way they should be. I still remember the posts back in the Stevie/Cat days of wondering how they just can't improve and dribble out the clock and such.

I think it's correct to have a players coach when you have superstars on the team. However, you do sacrifice that disciplinarian aspect that's necessary for young players. But the Rockets just happen to be a team with both star players with huge egos but still a ton of youth. You really can't find coaches that can do both unless you're Popovich with decade of success. The hard-nosed defense-first coaches have a habit of wearing out on players, especially stars.

If what the rumors saying are correct, that Sampson's the one behind keeping Harden in check on D, then I do think that's kind of a good balance. If the Rockets can find an assistant that can command respect and keep our youngsters playing hard on defense, then McHale as the players coach can work. Otherwise, I really don't have good answers. For all the people who wished for Adelman, remember the Rockets played gutter level defense with him too. Getting players to work hard on D and not wear out your welcome is difficult.

1 person likes this.
  13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

not bad, not bad. was hoping for something astronomically less than that, but i'll take it! so i guess we'll be trading tjones and dmo for marcus morris and a late 2nd round pick, even tho spurs offered kawhi for casspi and garcia. CHILL!

14. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Milkhair shocks everyone with news he is retiring....

15. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

they went to florida

to drink scotch

and read GARM comments for a good laugh

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Hopefully.

17. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

We can only hope for retirement or a move to a front office position.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Blazers taking a dump on the rockets every chance they get Like at least 50 post game interviews where they justify game 1's horrible performance saying that they got used to Houston's poor ball movement / ISOs and lack of pressure on D.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20%why would he be retiring, he could go back to commentating or a Front Office job?!

20. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

y went to Florida because McHale wants to go to Disney World and take a picture with Donald Duck.