1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could we lose more of our staff?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jordnnnn, May 7, 2014.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Was reading Zach Lowes article on Jackson getting fired and he mentioned Finch and Bickerstaff as some of the top assistants who could be looking for head coaching gigs.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/mark-jackson-fired-golden-state-warriors/

Don't know why that possibility never crossed my mind. Would be interesting to see what we would do or if plans to keep McHale might possibly change if we lost 1 or both of those guys after already losing Sampson.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's ok. I've been told by the Rockets front office that assistant coaches don't matter either.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bickerstaff and Finch were useless without Sampson!!!!

4. Solaris

Solaris Member

Its ok, Morey is the real coach anyway.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Morey should pay the other teams to get rid of these assistant coaches.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

HC does not matter either. They should hire me, I will work for ten percent of what Mchale makes. :p

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Are you saying we should be, like, concerned?

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Not concerned just wonder what the plan would be if we had to completely refill our staff and if it changes our stance on McHale. Although at this point it might be too late to change our mind on bringing McHale back.

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Since they are keeping McHale for 1 more year, I will say I don't care about the assistant coaches

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Losing them would be a good thing. Finch might have some upside but I'm hoping Morey isn't too attached to the Finch dream. It's time to win now. No time to baby an up and coming young coach who McHale probably doesn't even want on the staff.

11. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree, the sure didn't help Mchale in the playoffs. There is no way either one of them are going to be a head coach in the NBA at this time.