1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Lin for Lillard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sigmund, Aug 8, 2012.

?

Would you trade Lin for Lillard?

1. Yes, but only without picks

12.4%
  2. Yes, but only for one first round pick

10.8%
  3. Yes, whatever it takes

41.7%
  4. No

35.1%
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is some kind of joke thread, right? Who in their right mind wouldn't trade Jeremy for Lillard, if the rest of the package going along with Lin didn't gut the team and mortgage our future. Of course, a better question would be, "Why on earth would Portland have any interest at all?"

2. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Im a Lin Fan and obviously Lillard is way much better than Lin. I can't imagine what's the OPs perspective for starting this thread (Lillard >> Lin).

3. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Well, back when this thread was started, it was a valid question. Hindsight, though...

4. Ender00

Ender00 Member

i am willing to trade lin, parson, asik, first round for lillard. I don't think portland will be go for it though

5. FearTheBeardJH

I still think Lin is slighty better than Lillard, but only in the same role.

6. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

as carl herera said"lillard is an unproven comodity" its true though, he was wide freaking open tonight.

7. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

you got cap space for another max contract? you got two balls in the game for JH and Lillard to play with? is Lillard a "better fit" to cover Haren's defense blackhole? or you gonna have Lillard coming off the bench to "lead the 2nd squad" so he can have the ball in his hand?
    b4 talking trade u must have this team's management clear their fking heads and make sure what is the right direction to go first, or whatever u get it still gonna be cooked up a mess.

8. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Lin is nowhere near given the leash Lillard has. I would totally take Lillard over Lin no matter what, but Lins role is completely different than Lillards on the houston rockets team.

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

After watching this series leash or no leash, I think it's safe to say Lillard has just put himself on a whole other level than Lin. At the beginning of the season, I wasn't too impressed with Lillard b/c I thought he was a Jennings type of player, but he made me eat my words. Gotta give credit to him.

10. Franchize

Franchize Member

11. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

LOFs wet dream.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

A talent like Lillard would thrive in just about any system. Dude is a true starting pg, and a star at that, way above Lin or Bev. We need to get a better starting pg as Lillard will be hurting us for years to come. Got get a guy that will abuse him on defense, have him taste his own medicine. I hate that guy, but I definitely respect as a player.

13. ColorMeBadd

ColorMeBadd Member

At this point, I'd trade Harden for Lillard. Yes, I said it.