1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiro protagonis

according to matt thomas on rockets rap(740am) james harden just now (1:25am)left the lockeroom. damn.

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I just hate the way they defend the inbound passes. This isn't the first time. Why can't you front your man so he can't screen you. Why can't you try to fight through it. The only reason i can come up with is because they're fcking not prepare or lazy in their assignments.

3. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I keep thinking...

If the Rockets could not get past Portland, we did not stand a chance against the likes of the Spurs. And yet...Dallas is still hanging in there.

I know it sounds bad, but I'm left pondering if our season success was a sort of fluke, like maybe we were fooling ourselves.

4. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Damn.

He beasted this game. But I do wish he has shot more in the 4th.

5. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

It's going to make me a little sick if Dallas wins.

Not saying we would beat them for sure, as they always seem to be a thorn in our side, but it would just remind me of 2007 when we missed out on playing an 8 seed also.

6. YourSecretLover

There are a lot of Harden and Howard haters. Beverly also.

7. hiro protagonis

unfortunately, alot of these haters are here in houston.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's gonna be a long offseason for everyone in this organization and its fans.

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Terrible feeling...gosh to think we have to wait all the way to Oct..

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

At least there will be a new coach. Going to have to wait a year for playoff Rockets basketball tho. That really sucks. So much damn hype....

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

People hate Harden for his flopping and embarrassing defense. People hate Beverley for getting Westbrook injured and being an annoying defenders. The national media hate Dwight for leaving one of the NBA's babies (the Lakers).

12. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Lots of non-Rockets fans dislike Harden's style of play. Lots and lots of free throws. I've heard lots of people call him a ref baiter/flopper.

13. Vankenn

Vankenn Member

McHale is not a smart coach. Why on earth do you put Harden in the game to defense with 0.8 secs left? Harden got no defense.

14. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Dallas still has Dirk.

Even at his age I'll take Dirk over Harden or Howard.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm not gonna pretend to read McHale's mind(for some reason, I keep hearing the sound of crickets chirping), but maybe he remembered Harden's solid D at the end of Game 5(on Lillard ironically) and thought that he should be out there on the floor.

16. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

The defense on that last play was just horrible, especially when you see it from the tv angle behind Lillard (so you're essentially seeing the floor as Lillard saw it). Lin or Beverley would have never given that much space and they both have good closing speed to make up for a step back move. Parsons defending PGs has to be one of McHale's top 5 worst moves all year. He did it repeatedly and it never worked.

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

You really can't blame Lin for lack of confidence when McHale is treating him with no respect. Why the heck Parson or Jones are in there? Even Bev who is sick. You need speed to guard that quick .9 second shot. I would have put Hamilton, Lin and Daniel instead of Harden, Bev (since he is slowed by sickness), and Parsons. And they should all face the players so they can shadow their moves and not trailing which gave Lilliard the spacing to fire that shot. Dumbest coach to waste all that talents in the team. Really sad for Dwight who gave everything unlike Harden.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Dallas has Dirk...San Antonio has Duncan...Houston had Yao, TMac, Harden and Howard over the same stretch of time...Houston 1 playoff series victory...San Antonio and Dallas both have NBA titles...The state of Houston Rockets basketball...

19. Nieto

Nieto Member

Big difference between the Rockets and Mavericks are the head coaches.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

And we had Hakeem in the 90s when they didn't do ****. Big ****ing deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.