1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was not DAMN WIDE OPEN. Parsons was too slow to get closer on the man.

He has a quick release and is known for those shots in waning moments much like Monta Ellis.

2. DocRock

DocRock Member

We play Iso ball for 82 games and the first 4 games of the playoffs, then play team ball facing elimination, team ball in the first half, then iso iso iso, missed freethrows, bad defensive assignment, didn't switch, wasted a guy guarding the inbounder with .9 seconds......

McHale has got to go

3. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Should have left Lin in, and taken TJ out. What did he do? Was he even bothering the inbound pass?

4. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Yep, Lin finally showed up in game 5 and was having a good game 6. Dwight was monster in the second half and Harden was dialed in the whole game. Things were looking good...

But Tjones was just bad in this game. He missed key rebounds, abused by Portland's bigs, and that dumb 24 sec TO where he tried to force something.

Parson's missed layups really hurt as well.

5. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Mchale is done

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Jones was so worthless on that last play. We could have sent 4 players on the court same result.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not as bummed about this as I would have expected. The Rockets just did not appear to me to be a contender. The defense was too shaky, and there was a lack of maturity and leadership. If not this round, we would have likely lost in the next round.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

9. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Oh my god the heartbreak is just unbearable... So many many MANY mistakes towards the end of all the games throughout the series that could tip it to our favor. That Lillard last second 3 was just the put the nail into the coffin. I am still speechless on my sofa now.. WTF!

10. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I think this shot will go down as one of the best buzzer beaters in the playoffs. Expect to see it for many years. :(:mad:

11. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

The way I figure we would have just been outcoached in the next round anyways. Milk Hair just can't get it done.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

look at Lin. he didnt even move. Its like he knew.

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

THIS....It's fitting the Rockets lose on bad defense. They should have never allowed Sampson to just leave before the season knowing how badly McHale needed him.

14. Progs

Progs Member

man this is rough...now to wait 6 months...

15. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Rewatching that Parsons and Harden should be on either side of Matthews.

Beverly on Lillard.

As the run off the screen Parsons goes first denying for the first guard off of the screen. Harden stays with Matthews, Beverly stays with Williams.

That way Parsons starts ahead of Lillard and rather than chasing him he is just make him move further back to catch it.

Also have Jones ready to move towards whoever the target is once the ball is passed for extra hands on his face.

All on Mchale.

16. Silverman

Silverman Member

I just broke my 50 in TV.

17. steady

steady Member

There will be next season. Hopefully, one without McHale. And next season, we will get a better look at this team's real potential.

Hopefully, this heartbreak continues to hurt for them for a while, and motivates them all summer to become better. Especially defensively.

I am glad that at least Harden had one really good game in this series.

18. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Has to be

19. munsteur

munsteur Member

20. nsng20

nsng20 Member

Haren wasn't paying attention... She should have been watching the ball and switched

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.