1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

?

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

1. True

282 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. False

231 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Please make sure you vote!!!!!

After you have voted, dont forget to click on the spoiler below to see if you have won a prize!!!

[​IMG]

2. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

It's definitely the most unprofessional thing to do but since Clutch is the boss he can have things his way either you like it or not. Seems like Clutch can't tell or doesn't want to accept the difference between right and being professional.

I am sure Clutch is not a LOH but I am certain that he is a LOFH. LOFs should go somewhere else. Why go to someone's home when their other guests treats you like crap and now the home owner does the same.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QzVFugFcUto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

But seriously, who was more crazy? The YOF or LOF? Or are they one in the same? Someone create a poll. I don't remember the YOF being THIS bad.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When you write about the Rockets, you are reminded of one thing: the Lin crazies are really crazy.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/statuses/462307279103352835">May 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You can thank Lin fans, and the fact that everyone on Reddit is a casual nobody that knows nothing about basketball and only follows the hype train players like LeBron / KD / Paul George / Lin.

6. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

We all know why Lin suddenly turned Linsanity at times. Exactly as the above said. Lin's character or upbringing is such that when others are ahead of him (as decided by the coach), he defers to a submissive role. His aggressiveness turns on when he is the main ball handler and there isn't any other to defer to. Harden being benched & Bev being sick gave him that nod by the coaches that he is the man. Whenever this was the case, whether in those games when Harden faded (like after ASG last year) or sick (like the Spurs game), Lin knew he was the guy, and then his aggressiveness turns on a notch and when his shots are working too then we see Lin in Linsanity mode. The strategy of depending on Harden's ISO in the playoff has backfired big time. We need to try something else next season. If we will not or can't trade Lin away next season, McHale & Morey should experiment with Lin in the regular season to be the dominant playmaking PG, even starting him if needs be, to see if he can elevate his game as well as making the team play more team ball. Nothing to lose to experiment with this as they do with Bev starting. Then we will truly know if Lin, given the role to be a PG with big minutes, can bring Linsanity on a consistent basis now that he is a more mature player. If he can do that, with D12 & Harden being the stars, then we are a threat to any team out there.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

That's twice in this thread you have made false claims. Zach Lowes article today pointed out in fact that the Harden isos that everyone hates have actually been effective in this series. 15-29 shooting and lots of assists out of iso situations.

8. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

I just wanted to point out that Houston is the most international city in the United States. That's all.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

You think Lin fans know anything about Houston?

That's your first mistake.

Don't make your second mistake of thinking Lin fans know anything about basketball.

10. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

More than Cleveland??

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I'm a Lin fan, I know my basketball. I know the NBA well. I probably played in more competitive basketball than you have.

I also know about Houston. Given that I lived in Houston for many years.

Your over generalization of Lin fans is your mistake.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin ONLY Fans. my bad.

All Rockets fans are the real Lin fans cause we actually watch the games

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

So Lin fans =/= Lin Only Fans?

Glad that's been cleared up.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

i used to lurk on the dream shake years ago in like 08 and the general opinion was that everyone here was insane. Still fun, but there are psychos and isn't just the LOFs as some might suggest

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin Only Fans are the Lin fans who think Clutch hates Lin and that the city of Houston has no asian people

And that Lin needs to go to LA or NY where he can get 40 minutes a game as a starter

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

i corrected him ages ago and he acknowledged it. Obviously has forgotten, everyone whos a '99er' must have crap memory.. :p

17. hltiki

hltiki Member

i've been to houston. it's that small town outside of Juarez right?

18. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

ridiculous threads again by clutch.

19. gambingo

gambingo Member

At first glance at the question, i would say no, but you have to take into consideration the position Lin is playing. If Lin was a pure scorer, ie Jamal Crawford, then offensive spark would mean strictly scoring. But that's not Lin, he's a combo guard, so his offensive spark consists of both scoring and creating for his teammates. And i think he's done a good job of that overall in this series. Would i like more of it? hell yea! But i wouldn't just say that he wasn't an offensive spark off the bench prior to game 5.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yet, you're still posting here and have almost 4000 posts?