1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin fans race to defend Jeremy Lin from Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2014.

1. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

I agree, there are many extreme fans. I wonder how many extreme fans are there though that cannot recognize Lin's faults. But man this just took it to another level lol.

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Pull the plug on the GARM and let's all meet up in one of the secret forums.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hW4uXlRGAF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Oh, well allow me to retort.

Can you explain the obsessively deranged LOFs (you are leading the pack here) who spend their entire weekend digging up any stat they can to defend him? You're a groupie dude. Take a long look in the mirror before criticizing Clutch. He embarrassed you guys. Take a knee. It's all over.

5. Dementium

Dementium Member

Dude, LOFs don't have thread starting privileges. And if it bothers you so much start your own threads.

1 person likes this.
  6. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Jeremy definitely gets criticized more often, but he's also staunchly defended exponentially more often. The problem is you can't criticize the role player that comes off the bench. Everyone hates Casspi, and when he plays I'd argue he is torched just as much, if not more, than Lin. It's the fans that make the exception to the case.

7. CFirt

CFirt New Member

Is the concept of modesty so hard to grasp (for certain people...)? Can you imagine Jeremy Lin saying to reporters, "I think I'd done a great job being an offensive spark..."? Can you imagine any players saying that to reporters, even if deep inside they believe it to be so? (Well, sure, I can think of a few, but you get the point.)

Having said that, I myself don't think that he was "great" offensively in Games 1-4. But reasonable people can disagree on the definition of "great" for a Jeremy Lin performance, as the other thread on this topic demonstrates. One of those reasonable people is Jeremy Lin himself. Who knows how he defines a "great job"? I do suspect he takes his job very seriously and sets a high bar for himself.

One more point--the (more constructive portions of the) other thread delve into Jeremy's performance game by game or even quarter by quarter or heads-up play by horrible turnover. He's been great at times, not so great at others (just like any other NBA player). That kind of discussion is much more enlightening than any one-liner--but it's also not the sort of thing one would expect Jeremy to get into in every interview. "Well, I was a great spark in Game 1...I was a big part of some nice runs....But then I was a mediocre spark in Game 2--not so sparky there....Then, let's see, Game 3...."

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I have not read a single comment.

Read the article and all I have to say is that:

LOF's got OWNED big time.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Because you aren't on this side of the argument.

Seriously, I want Lin to succeed. But his fans drive me crazy.

Like when I went to watch the Rockets lose to the Clippers. Most people in my section were Lin fans. They cheered for (in this order):

1. Lin
    2. Blake Griffin's dunks
    3. Rockets

10. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

This guy's post on reddit probably sum up a lot of ppl that are rockets fans that get caught in the middle.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Not all LOFs are crazy, but the deluge of them has hurt this board. Before Lin, everyone was criticized. That's what fans do. Sometimes it's fair criticism and sometimes it's over the top...but there's a natural push-pull and debate to try to figure out the pros and cons of a player and their perception by the bbs fanbase. There was real discussion. After Lin, there's just too much irrational crap around. There are great LOFs who contribute to the discussion, but they get drowned out by the overwhelming numbers of LOFs who jump to b**** at any critical comment which spurred the LOH movement, which doesn't help either. I love Lin and support his Christ loving Asian American passion. I can still support him and criticize him at the same time. LOFs (most posters, not all), please try to understand that and don't take all criticism as irrational hate that needs to be b****ed at.

12. Dementium

Dementium Member

Its kinda come to the point that you can't even offer up any sort of defense for him as an opinion or counter argument.

If the comment is Jeremy Lin sucks, it must mean he sucks. Really? An alternative viewpoint can't be provided without the LOF label.

13. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I find it in slightly poor taste. I only support the Rockets and don't particularly support or bash Lin any more than the other players (if anything, it's Harden's D that frustrates me the most). But I thought some of the comments in that poll thread were quite objective and accurate, like how Lin did in game 1 showed that he did indeed perform as a sparkplug prior to game 5. Seems unfair to lump everybody who voted 'false' in the poll as a LOF.

1 person likes this.
  14. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

It was a fun social experiment, but as I mentioned many times in the other thread, greatly flawed due to vagueness (and other reasons). Maybe it is the psychologist in me, but the conclusions drawn are so logically flawed in this article that I've actually only lost more respect for Clutch.

BUT the idea was so entertaining that he gains some kudos. I don't know how the two even out.

15. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Truth.

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

lol at LOF's grasping at horrible logic to explain why they didn't just get OWNED.

Try being a fan of the team and not just one player.

1 person likes this.
  17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Disagree. All he did was post the same statement or sentiment that the Mesiah stated. But because the LOF's didn't know it was the Mesiah's statement, they went out and jumped all over it.

Shame on you. If I was a fan of only one player, i would know about everything he said. LOF's have more time since they don't care about the city or the team. Use it to follow your player better. Poor effort.

18. dookiester

dookiester Member

Clutch sure doesn't speak for me. And good luck trying to argue I'm not a real Rockets fan. The tenor and disposition of this thread and the experimental thread before it are more reminiscent of a high school girls' catfight than a forum of NBA fans who share a common passion. Like something out of a Mean Girls sequel script. And the posters in here cheering Clutch on in this mean-spirited endeavor are like the plastics trying to stay in good graces with the cool crowd.

This place is great for getting news stories but the discourse has descended into a bitter, reactionary cesspool. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it just gets old. The people on Reddit sadly seem to have described this site pretty well.

2 people like this.
  19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Clutch just shoved the stinky sock in the mouths' of all the rabid LOF's Mick Foley style.

I hope the LOF's can now crawl back into the little hole they came from after this severe ownage.

1 person likes this.