1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

?

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

1. True

282 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. False

231 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

This is one of the worst things I've ever read.

2. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

and an even bigger WHAT DA FUUUU.........!!

3. bro2044

bro2044 Member

you're hanging out in the wrong threads.

plenty of positive ones too. That being said, we were down 3-1 before that, in a series we were expected to win, with plenty of players performing below their regular season averages. *shrugs* isn't there going to be a lot of negativity then?

even being down 3-2 now isn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows. It was 1 win out of 3 at home. I was excited as anyone, I've been watching Rockets for 23 years, but thats still a deflating thing.

4. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lol well that escalated quickly...

5. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member

This thread shows Clutch’s desperation to use as many of Lin's threads to make as much money as he can from advertising in anticipation of Lin’s possible departure from Houston next season. Note how many up and down flashing advertisements appear inside each of Lin's thread pages when you click on them. All the Lin threads together have been viewed millions of times. DO THE MATH! HOW MUCH MONEY IS BEING GENERATED? That’s why the thread “Jeremy Lin is a joke” has never been locked down, in spite of the fact that the title is disrespectful to Lin, a player on their own team.

6. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

uh is that how it really works? lol.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

^^^^^

[​IMG]

8. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Bye bye. It was nice knowing you. What a bunch of crap.

9. New Generation

This word speaks for your whole character on this board.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Clutch doesn't need to create Lin threads to generate revenue you clown. This board existed long before Lin came in and will continue to exist long after he is gone. You're a disgrace and give LOF's a bad rep if at all that is possible.

11. tada

tada Member

At the end of the day, Clutch or any of you can vent/b****/moan all day about Lin. But Lin don't give a ****. Team don't give a ****. Management don't give a ****. Owner don't give a ****. And I am sure Asik/Howard/Harden/Daniels/Canaan/Casspi/Covington/Garcia/Jones/DMo/Parsons/Powell/Beverley/McHale would tell you in your face that they don't give a **** about what you think about Lin and that they support him.
    I am tired off all this b****ing about single player and backup at that. And Clutch is a bigger idiot for posting this thread to instigate this matter further. It's one thing to vent during in-game threads, but to create additional thread to attack/booing your own player is disgusting.
    I stayed away from this forum due to this crap until the playoffs, but I still see same **** over and over again. It seems like this forum is filled with losers who hate their own life and live their life to hate others...
    Clutch (since you have access to the locker room) why don't you man up and tell to Lin and Harden to their face that they have not done good job being an offense catalyst? Maybe that would get them going, instead of creating useless thread such as this... Man up man.

12. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member

Point out money thing is the truth, that's hurt, isn't it?

13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I hate that an excuse is "he's a bench player" BS and this what should we expect mentality. Overall he was expected to start, but for some reason he and Harden's offense don't mesh well a lot of times together and Bev is a better defender and match there - so Lin's ENTIRE role is to be a spark off the bench as a 6th man that leads the way and should play close to equal minutes to Bev. INSTEAD, he's proven to be terribly inconsistent, so much so that he's lost the trust of the coach at times and isn't played for nearly as many minutes as was probably originally intended.

If you play 25+ minutes at PG, then if you're not scoring then you need to be contributing in some other way... assists, defense, rebounds etc. Lin gets..."ok" assists for a PG, but in most of these games he negates whatever good things he does with boneheaded mistakes. He's not exactly setting the offense up for success usually, because dribbling around he usually gets stuck in the lane, blind jump-passes, or does a silly turnaround rainbow jumper.

Yes, everyone makes mistakes sometimes, and no Lin is not alone this series for overall subpar play, but enough with this bench-player crap. Lin wasn't expected to be the DMO/Garcia/Daniels player off the bench. His job was to be the spark, and overall he has not been... and if he does, then more often than not he's detracting from those good moments by equally bad (or worse) bad moments.

and I like the guy.

:(

14. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member

For the unnecessary thread. Point out money thing is the truth, that's hurt, isn't it?

15. sutton

sutton Member

this season, ahead 2-3 points, 30-40 seconds to go,

rockets only win 51%, lowest among west playoff team.most west playoff team win about 60%, heater are the best, win 68% if i remember it correctly.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Your English hurts, that's the truth.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This thread is awesome.. helps me easily figure out which LoF's to ignore.

18. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This is quite possibly the most epic post ever rotflmmfao...i read this in a thick russian james bond villain accent which made it that much better hahaha.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes, the money thing is hurt.

20. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lol. 1000 ppl voted false. that's a lot of ignoring :p