1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

?

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

1. True

282 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. False

231 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

and LOH. You have to admit that. LoF may be the catalyst, but LoH are the ones who respond and make the cycle continue.

2. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

seriously the whole discussion about only fans is so dumb. who cares who ppl are fans of or hate. Its the players that make up the team so its not surprising people like certain players or hate certain players. why is that even a negative thing.

3. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

To make it clear, ti's the way they respond too. and then LoF's cry more. lol. I'm not taking either side here- just wish it would stop.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So, does anyone have opinions about Jeremy Lin's basketball game or just each other?

Maybe if we focused on factual basketball this poll would be voted much more accurately.

As of now this is looking like a political poll.

I give Lin credit for improving his Ast/TO ratio in the playoffs. He has had bad luck at very key moments, unfortunately. His finishing in the lane is on par with the regular season but his 3P% leaves a LOT to be desired.

Overall I haven't seen enough to give him "spark" status until game 5.

It's not personal; I have seen nothing out of Beverley, and Parsons has only been very good for about 24 minutes of the series. Harden is one step above garbage.

#284 napalm06, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is how a racist at his finest.

Got to love your hatred on this team and this country.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Put me down for True.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes that's the whole point of the thread...you look at the poll and how obviously true the question is, and yet look at the answers. I think it's a huge statement on the state of the reality disconnect going on here.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

There are NO LOH's. If at all there are, it is probably a handful only.

Fact is it is stupid to HATE on a player on your own team. What you term as LOH's are for the most part those who are sick and tired of the constant inane, delusional drivel from the LOF's. There are people who hate LOF's beacuse frankly they are the worst kind but I doubt anyone truly hates Lin, the basketball player. The kid may be an average player but he is a good kid who tries his best. He does make infuriating plays at times whch bring out the worst comments but that is an emotional reaction that is natural when you are fully invested in the team.

10. SexualChocolate

Jeremy Schaub needs to play lights out tonight... That supporting cast is key in tonights game seeing how poorly Harden is playing...

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Like I said, my memory might have been bad due to aging. I know Clutch didn't like Rafer. But I don't recall him making a poll like this. What I was saying is that it's fair for Clutch to state his opinion about a player. He has done that. In fact, he has written an article about Lin and Bev not too long ago. Some agree with him and some don't, and that's fine.

I was just saying that this thread was a head scratcher to me. When I first read the thread title on the GARM page, I thought it was yet another of those troll threads about Lin. Then I saw that it was started by Clutch and I was like, "Wow, what's that about?"

There has never been a figure like Lin on this board. I feel that all the divisiveness has got to Clutch and I don't really blame him. He's human just like all of us.

#291 Easy, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. bro2044

bro2044 Member

??

what?

He was an offensive spark in Game 1 OT, but hardly in regulation...

Didn't he have like 7 pts in 25+ min with a few critical mistakes in the 4th? I don't think we can call him an offensive spark just because he actually played well in the final 5 minutes. That's like saying Harden played well in Game 5 because he hit a few shots at the end. nope.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Shut your COMMUNIST mouth!

I am making it my personal duty to expose every communist on this forum. You will not envoke a Red Scare on this site. Clutch, please change my status from 'Contributing Member' to 'Senator McCarthy'.

1 person likes this.
  14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

"Great" ?

lol, no. no, no, no.

NEITHER HAS HARDEN.

15. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

Clutch is simply adding to the decline of this board, a poll like this does no good for team/fan unity especially at a crucial time like this. Corny I know, but it's true. Even after we WON game 5, all I see is bickering back and forth on this board. It's fine to critizice Rockets players as a fan, and also fine to defend them as a fan. But Lin is the most polarizing player on this board so a poll like this only adds fuel to the fire and I'm sure Clutch knew that when he made it

1 person likes this.
  16. justtxyank

[​IMG]

I stand with you brother!

17. justtxyank

[​IMG]

When it comes crashing down, and it hurts inside.
    You gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide.
    Well, you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,
    I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide.

I am a real American.
    Fight for the rights of every man.
    I am a real American.
    fight for what's right, fight for your life!

I feel strong about right and wrong,
    And I don't take trouble for very long,
    I got something deep inside of me.
    Courage is the thing that keeps us free.

I am a real American.
    Fight for the rights of every man.
    I am a real American.
    fight for what's right, fight for your life!

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

WUT DA F...

19. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Lin has not been the offensive spark I have hoped him to be. For him to be an offensive spark, I would hope for at least 12-15 pts per game considering the rotation got smaller. but having 21 pts is way above expectations for me, so if he can continue to have his confidence, I would be happy.

His TOs: Playing just really well for not turning the ball over, just that the ones where he does turn them over, happen to be HUGE ones. **** happens.

Scoring: I think his layups aren't going earlier on in the series - he seemed afraid to get to the rim because of LA and Lopez who often contest him and Lin throws up a bad shot. Maybe he realizes he won't be getting any calls so he is hesitant to drive now. But GM5 he went HAM and went to the basket often and he was confident.

Too early to assess his overall grade - the series is not over.

20. justtxyank