1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For the first 5 playoff games, Lin's production has been closer to what could be expected than Harde

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, May 1, 2014.

Tags:
?

For the first 5 playoff games, Lin's production has been closer to what could be expected than Harde

1. True

135 vote(s)
    89.4%
  2. False

16 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

compared to

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

True or False?

2 people like this.
  2. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Two wrongs don't make it right.

Please do yourself a favor and don't reply.

No need to aggravate what was already posted.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Don't get me wrong, I love and support both players. I just don't understand the outburst of Anti-Lin threads on here.

Did he make a crucial mistake in game 4? Yes.

Would we have won game 3 without his saved ball at the end? Most probably not.

Would we have won game 5 if he had not stepped up? Probably not.

Does he make mistakes that are incredibly frustrating (like blown layups)? Yes.

Does he always try to give his best? Yes.

Looking at his production, it seems very close to what he showed during the regular season. Would that be the case without game 5? No. But we have played 5 games. Why single out the first 4?

The most obvious thing when looking at both of their stats is Harden's FG % and particularly 3-point %. He is obviously being defended very well, and we haven't found a way to deal with that.

But what has frustrated me most, personally, is not that James Harden hasn't shot well, it's his body language. There were several times when he acted like he didn't care. I have not seen that once from Lin.

Is Harden obviously the much better player? Yes.

Is he as close to producing what his potential is as Lin? No.

But this isn't meant to be a Lin vs. Harden thread, even though it looks like it.

I am just trying to make a point that I think the anti-Lin wave displayed in threads which have stayed up for a remarkably long time like "**** Jeremy Lin", "Let's boo Jeremy Lin in game 5" and many other threads and posts has clearly gone overboard.

If there is one player we should expect a better performance from in game 6 and game 7, it's James Harden.

That said, I don't care who produces more or less, as long as we find a way to beat Portland and this smug John Legend ripoff Mo Williams.

GO ROCKETS!

4 people like this.
  4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i don't even like jeremy lin but he has done more for us this series than james harden.

i wish harden would turn it up in the playoffs like t-mac always did.

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

jeremy lin may not be great but at least he tries. james harden doesn't even try.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

LOL, of course true.

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

technically... Hardens ppg is identical reg season vs playoffs, so his production should be exactly inline with expectations....

....jus didn't figure itd take him 6.4 minutes and 7 more shots a game to maintain it....smh....

8. dookiester

dookiester Member

this thread makes much more sense than clutch's thread. and both threads are pointless.

9. conquistador#11

Lin avgs 10 FGA, I guess he can score 15pts if he shoots @ a 60% clip. I mean all nba players should shoot 60% from the field.
    ------------------------------------
    Harden-24 shots, some of those could have gone to a hot Dwight or open shots for others.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

While both have been bad..... couple of things to keep in mind which complicate matters.

1) Harden is being guarded by Batum and Wesley, both of who are more psychical and better defenders. Lin is covered by Mo Williams and Lillard, both of whom are pretty bad defenders.

In fact before the series started, I thought and hoped that Lin would break down Blazers defense consistently because neither of the two should be able to stay with Lin if he is driving in the lane. With this in mind, I think Lin has been rather disappointing.

2) Blazers game plan is to take harden out of the offense. Not only are they covering him tight with Batum and Wesley, they have a second help defender swipe at him once he drives and then Lopez comes in for the block. Blazers are content with Dwight getting his without double teams.

Lin is not under the same scrutiny by the Blazers.

11. naesoon

naesoon Member

Yeah, but it shouldn't allow Harden to not make an effort on D. Plus, he's been like this throughout the season. I knew this would be a problem in the playoffs.

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Can't disagree with anything here.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

His defense has been atrocious throughout the season. So there really isn't any change in that regards.

I think anyone who thought he would change his habit in the playoffs was fooling themselves.

14. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

Lovin the 92% FT shooting by Lin.

15. BinBinRingRing

Lin would be more efficient if he had the ball more in his hands. But the a few key turnovers really throw people off.

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Doesn't explain the aloofness, and apparent lack of effort by Harden on both ends.

Hard for Lin to be aggressive and drive in the lane; when he's bringing the ball up, handing it off to Harden, walking over to the corner 3, almost every possession.

A ton of Harden's shots came off of single coverage Iso situations.

Lin is not under the same scrutiny by the CF.net posters

17. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

there are lotta factors. harden also has the ball majority of the time.

it's def true the defense by the blazers is way more focused on harden though, especially compared to lin. but that's where the idea that harden is 2-3 times a higher level than lin comes in to place (which is true, obviously). by saying stuff like this, we're equating them on the same level.

we expect more from harden naturally because he's a much better player than lin, and carries more weight in whether we win or lose. this isn't even counting how harden tore up portland. he avg'd 30/7/5 on 64ts in the 4 games v. the blazers, 3 of em wins. heck james even averaged 30/7/6 v. batum and wes in the 4 games last season too on 64 ts% as well. his last 8 games against the blazers in the RS has been as good as he's been against any opponent.

with that mind, im more disappointed in harden's play tbh.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Start a new thread.

19. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yeah, that PPG looks impressive until you look at his FG%.

20. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Any poll vs Harden's playoff performances automatically wins.