1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

?

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

1. True

282 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. False

231 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Disagree. I've read a number of Clutch's posts, and he does strike me as biased toward Lin and at times culturally insensitive (but this can be true for a lot of people who grew up in one culture, understandably). I probably praise Lin a bit more than I hate on him (in the aggregate), but that's generally because I tend to bite on LOFHs and respond to those posts that are ridiculous. LOFs are just as ridiculous, but something about their lack of self-righteous indignation (which is instead replaced by delusion) that makes it just seem so much more innocuous to me...

Your point about Lin fans and CF criticizing Lin is well-taken. I think initially it was very much like that and fair. I think it's definitely strayed very far now. Some are still fair, and Lin definitely messes up and is infuriating to watch sometimes, but we get a lot of ridiculous posters now hating on him that I often forget if I'm in the GARM or yahoo comments lol.

Again, I absolutely believe Clutch is biased. I also believe this bias comes from, as I said before, his intense passion for the Rockets. People keep claiming Clutch isn't biased because he just wants what is best for the Rockets and cares a lot about them -- I think that is WHY he's biased aha. Being biased doesn't mean he NEVER says anything positive about Lin, but come now, this thread was unnecessary. Anyone could have told you it would lead to more divisive bickering. Regardless of where Clutch falls on the topic of Lin, this sort of poll was kinda asking for it. And there are a number of posts over the last few months where Clutch struck me as culturally insensitive (though not intentionally) or biased against Lin. That's his prerogative and he has a right to it, but I just have to disagree with you on the fact that he isn't biased.

As for your definition of offensive spark, I mean sure I guess. The poll was vague -- you read it that way, others read it differently. You can't fault them for that any less than I can fault you for having a different definition than me of a vague term I throw out there lol. It isn't like there is an objective dictionary out there carefully defining what an offensive spark is, and all the metrics one must meet to qualify.

2. pwnyxpress

You lost me there...

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

IP check should clear that up

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I realize one thing about lin fans.
    they don't really watch the games. Box scores yes.

When you watch the entire game and know e sch situation as it progresses then you have a clearer understanding of what is is going on with each player .

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

The same can be said about the LOFH's.

So don't start Tin.

:rolleyes:

6. tinman

Supporting Member

I got tnt

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There is no LOFH, whatever that connotes -

And if there was, please explain why this mythical person would come to post on Clutchfans and not watch Rockets games.

8. 9495

9495 Member

So only votes from people with join date pre 2012 would count? That's just discrimination.

9. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

"In disguise"? :)

10. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Napalm, where have you been?

Since you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm happy for you though.

You saved yourself a lot of arguments.

11. dookiester

dookiester Member

What about me? Do I watch the games?

Based on the level of basketball knowledge you display in your posts, my guess is you watch a lot of games (and I don't doubt you've been watching for a while since you love to live in the past), but don't comprehend what it is that you're seeing. My guess is you've never played basketball in your life, or if you have, you were never very good. Nobody who actually understands the game would throw the tantrum you throw every time tmac's name is mentioned.

12. napalm06

Better than 6th man of the year production?? Patently? Empirically?

This thread is causing me to be existentially confused.

13. napalm06

I do know what LOFH is "supposed" to mean. I don't understand your logic that such a person doesn't watch Rockets games. You tried to throw a stone back at Tinman and it just fell flat...

A lot of people are on here from New York and around the world to follow Lin's box scores. I don't think any Rocket fans are here just to pick on Lin fans. I've been here since about 2005 and I'm not a fan of Lin fans.

14. rev1274

rev1274 Member

15. rev1274

rev1274 Member

fail /smh

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lol.

Humor me.

Ignorance is bliss.

17. pwnyxpress

What? A LOFH is just a shorthand abbreviation for those that pretty much just hate on LOFs to an almost troll-like status, where hating on LOFs is like the new cool thing. They're essentially just as ridiculous as LOFs, but on the other hand of the spectrum. LOFHs are really just LOHs, except most people don't really hate Lin tbh, it is more his fans usually...

And don't get technical with me about how there aren't TRULY any LOHs or LOFHs but there are LOFs, etc., that really misses the point and would be a really asinine thing to say (I would know, I'm a lawyer).

18. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

How about a new poll: "James Harden has been crap all 5 games"

Hilarious how much scrutiny a packup PG off the bench is getting when the 60 million dollar superstar is taking an average of 24 shots per game shooting 35% on sky high 28.8 usage.

19. DocRock

DocRock Member

Good, not great. The only players doing a great job are Howard, Asik, and Troy Daniels.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes I watched the games.
    no tmac was not there