1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to Give Props to Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. yummyhawtsauce

interesting found this:

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More Jekyll and less Hyde .

3. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

Remember, McHale cut Jeremy, and then Linsanity happened. I think he subconsciously is embarrassed by that and he subconsciously wouldn't mind if Jeremy fails, because it would validate him for cutting Jeremy.

I don't think McHale dislike Jeremy. It's just that Jeremy reminds him of his mistake. Nobody likes to admit their own mistakes, especially one that was so publicly visible when Linsanity was a phenomenon.

4. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Lin plays in a high risk, with potential high rewards game. That will mean some occasional bad turnovers and poor possessions. But you should take the bad with the good. If he's allowed to play through the bad spells, he'll get to a hot streak during a game and can put up a lot of points in a short span of time. That was what happened during Linsanity but I guess back then, D'Antoni had no choice but to let Lin play that way. However, I understand Lin will seldom get the opportunity to play this way on this Rockets roster, barring injuries or illness to other players, like in Game 5 and Bev's illness.

I hope Lin continues to play like he did in Game 5 and show what he can really do in the big games. Lin and Asik are effectively shop windowing themselves for potential suitors, for next season. If both perform well and help save this series and get Rockets deeper into the play-offs, then everybody might get what they want.

5. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Yeah, I would be surprised if this was not a factor.

6. Razsan

Razsan Member

You have to feel like some of Bev is rubbing off on him. If you're a Rocket and you see him on the court with a torn Meniscus, a fever over 100 and probably 2 or 3 other ailing parts....it's GOTTA pump you up.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

he looked so depressed in the post game parsons.

people who is upset about his play in game 4, Lin feels that burden 100% more than anyone.

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

We needed someone to step up and I was surprised it was Jeremy who did it. I thought he was done after game 4 but to bounce back like this was impressive. He played smart and composed.

9. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

Because shaggybevo is where I hangout mostly. I have thousands of posts there.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Jesus H. Christ

MOREY cut Lin.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

and it wasn't a mistake... at the time.

12. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Let's not go overboard here...

13. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

You all saw it last night, for us to have a chance, Lin has to handle the ball, look to score and being real aggressive. I don't know what the hell happened to Harden???

14. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Because Lin is an honorable person and he actually gives a damn!

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Start Lin AND Bev. Parsons should come off the bench. Anything for the team.

16. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

This.

Most of people here either hate everything he does (LOH), or think he is a god(LOF).

17. superjohn

superjohn Member

To show that he is a decent coach, McHale should play Jeremy Lin as the starting point guard. So far McHale has been using Jeremy Lin as the scape goat for Harden's and his own ineptness.

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I give Lin a ton of **** on this board but he definitely played his butt off in game 5.

Well done.

19. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

How can you be consistent when you are not treated consistently?

The best thing for inconsistency is a consistent role, minutes and experience.

Lin has been moved around from starting PG, to off-ball SG, to off the bench PG, off the bench SG, etc. Do they want him to assist? Just score? Look for his shot or defer? He's had so many different roles that he seems to overthink what hes doing.

His minutes and rotation are never consistent. He can play 18 minutes one game and 35+ the next. He sits entire quarters then is thrown in with 1 minute left.

Not saying Lin doesn't make stupid mistakes at times or is infallible, but he's not being put in the best situation to succeed.

20. OpportunityCost

I think other players like Parsons can also be inconsistent and don't receive nearly as much criticism as Jeremy; but for one reason or another, Jeremy is put under a microscope by some posters here. When he messes up it's blown out of proportion. When he does good, he gets a little credit, but it's always coupled with "I just wish he was more consistent" or some other negative remark.