1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

?

Before Game 5, Jeremy Lin hadn't done a great job of being an offensive spark this series

1. True

282 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. False

231 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. daRox

daRox Member

For a bench player, I don't understand why he's getting all the attention every win/loss. I hated him in game 4 but I didn't wish him death or career ending injuries like some posters here. I certainly don't want to boo him! I don't want to boo any Rocket EVER! Mistakes or not, he plays his heart out every single night. That's all I ask for in every Rocket. It's easy to target him because the LOFs and LOHs are the most vocal on this forum. Win or lose this series, Lin is not the main reason.

I think Lin and Howard are quickly becoming my favorite Rockets because they pour their hearts out each night.

1 person likes this.
  2. sew

sew Member

He's trying to prove a point.

3. Kerdaboy

Kerdaboy Member

So disappointed.

4. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I don't know if this is willful ignorance or naivete. To say Clutch is not biased against Lin requires either some self-delusion or a lack of reading a lot of Clutch's posts and comments. He's definitely biased. To not read this poll, given the context, as yet another dig (context being the atmosphere of the GARM already, how it is a loaded question and a lot of Clutch's other posts throughout the last few months)...That being said, I have no doubt though that Clutch's distaste for Lin probably comes from his intense passion and love for the Rockets -- and that's commendable -- but it doesn't erase the bias.

However, don't confuse my saying Clutch is biased against Lin as necessarily a bad thing. He's completely entitled to his opinions, more so since this site is PAID for by Clutch (though plenty of members contribute now as well). I don't forget that, but that doesn't mean people aren't going to disagree. I think rude name calling or the like is uncalled for, but I think that's generally true.

I can disagree with his opinion though and claim he's biased while still recognizing all he's done on CF and for the Rockets community in general (unless it's a rule that we can't disagree with Clutch haha, which I guess he could make a rule and ban for...). I also believe he's entitled to his comments since this is his board.

Now that doesn't mean it doesn't rub others the wrong way. It's a tricky topic because Clutch is seen as the main honcho/moderator/boss around here -- it's his place after all, and members take cues from him. Again, it's like a coach on an nba team. Things he lets slide; things he says, they all influence CF for better or for worse. I think some members are slightly distraught because any bias from Clutch (regardless of which direction it goes) leaves a bad taste in the mouth because they think he should always remain above the fray -- impartial.

Of course that's an unrealistic belief to hold. This isn't a court of law. Clutch made no promises (nor needs to) of remaining impartial, so to expect it is at one's own expense, but that doesn't change the fact that many do still expect it; and that many do still take cues from everything Clutch says or does. In that way, I think if Clutch were to act differently, the GARM would be less divisive. To be fair though, tons of other stuff could happen too and the GARM would be less divisive (Lin always playing well, LOFs all leaving, Lin being traded, LOFH trolls leaving, etc.).

The trickiest spot now though is the evolution of this board from something someone started as a hobby to something more. This is more and more almost an "official" Rockets site. That comes with more responsibilities, more burdens and more criticism/focus. It's tough waters to navigate indeed.

1 person likes this.
  5. Stats

Stats Member

6. bobotheclown

bobotheclown Member

He's had more decent games this series than bad games, so False so far. I agree with the yo-yo comment about Lin. One minute you find yourself cheering for the guy and the next, your cursing him for for a costly turnover for 24 hours...

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This.

Lin fans are the most insecure people I have come across on the internet. It really is pathetic.

You cant discuss Lin without them coming into a conversation pre-butthurt.

You wont find rabid lunatics defending Harden for his bad plays. Hey, he is sucking it. Anyone want to argue against it? Fran didnt get into Lin's grill, he provoked Harden. Maybe Fran is a racist?? Fran must hate blacks.

Parsons was an idiot for claiming he was the best SF and not backing it up. Criticized? Absolutely. You wont find Parsons fans crying.

Asik cant make layups? Of course he cant and Rockets fans rip him apart for that all the time. Clyde, Bill, and Bullar rip him apart during live games for that.

But Lin has to be an exception. Please dont criticize my God!

1 person likes this.
  8. Clarinetmonster

He did a good job in at least a couple of the other games and was instrumental in a few of the Rox key scoring runs. Almost single handedly got us game 1 in OT. No, he hasn't been great the WHOLE series, but your statement just shows your bias. I know no one else will see this - don't care. Buh bye.

9. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Last game was the first game this playoff Lin got tom play pg... all the other time it was Harden isoing.

10. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Because your all ROCKET fans not player fans.. Lin fans are like LBJ and Kobe fans.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

And this is a Rockets site, not a player site.

No one is above criticism here.

#71 Zboy, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  12. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

mostly true. a little surprised that so many people picked false though

13. pwnyxpress

I think to some degree, we all see what we want to see. While I see a little bit of everything you listed, I actually don't see more of one than the other haha. Sometimes I think we're so ready to pounce of certain viewpoints, we're just reacting rather than reading -- we're finding what we want out of a situation than reality. Hey, I might be guilty of that myself right here.

It's like a family friend I had growing up who adored me and hated our other mutual friend. My mutual friend would suggest something and he'd call him stupid and to shut up. I would suggest the SAME thing and he'd think it was a great idea and that we should all do it. Go figure.

14. pwnyxpress

I think some read it literally, i.e., if he had any good game before where he was an offensive spark (subjective), then it is False. That's how I read it. Lin did well in Game 1 and in Game 3 (except for the dumb mistakes). Game 2 and 4 were horrendous (esp. the latter).

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch is the best poster on the board, it's an honor you think of me too.

99ers forever

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yoyo, I have a lot of respect for Clutch. But I do think that all the Linsane bickering has got to him to a certain degree. Maybe my memory is failing me at old age. I don't remember Clutch ever putting out a poll like this in the past.

If he wanted a real meaningful discussion, IMO he should have written up a paragraph or two on why this was a legitimate question for debate. All he did was "True or False?" At least on the surface, it sounded like the answer was pretty obvious. Lin has not been playing great before Game 5. Duh. Kind of like one of those tinman polls.

That said, it's ludicrous to say that Clutch would intentionally create a troll thread to increase traffic, as if the GARM has not already been flooded with troll threads. But I am not surprised some Lin fans would feel that way.

1 person likes this.
  17. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'd like to know how many that vote false have a join date pre 2012. I'd guess less than 10%.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This is why you are not going to get an accurate assessment from any poll regarding Lin.

20. TTNN

TTNN Member

how could Clutch get annoyed by some Lin fans while he himself bring up Lin poll post left and right himself? I could only think he feels that this site don't have enough Lin discussion.