1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to Give Props to Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

That's the pattern, except we sort of need to win Game 6...lol.

2. hltiki

hltiki Member

not classy, but what was even more classless was the fact that i laughed my ass off.

3. yummyhawtsauce

lin plays hard no matter what so those things to me are normal, where he tries to make hustle plays. for me - what i like dmost was him being aggressive and attacking to find his own shot and making good decisions generally

4. yummyhawtsauce

lmao i dont see that comment in the thread anymore, was it removed??

5. hltiki

hltiki Member

haha nah, it's on page 1, post #18.

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

Interesting because you could say the same about one of our max players, but you choose to blatently ignore it.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Kudos for overcoming a terrible game with a great. We will need Harden, Howard, Parsons and Lin to play great to take the series.

8. yummyhawtsauce

rofl thanks - was awesome comment.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I would substitute Asik for Harden. We can without Harden playing great if those other 4 step up. We could use a little bit from Bev too. But Lin needs more minutes than Bev.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am really glad Lin got some redemption with his game 5 play. Keep it up!

As the Rockets top bench player and scoring 6th man, they need his play. They need his production and points. The same way the Clippers need Jamal Crawford's production.

I am not the biggest Lin fan, but also am not a hater. I want him to succeed because it makes the Rockets succeed!

11. autoprt

autoprt Member

lin in his interviews just looks so beaten down, he said he didn't sleep and since he's a computer geek i'm sure he reads the posts on here good and bad which being human has to bother him.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He might not have been good and has gotten a lot of hate, but for this 1 game he should be praised.

13. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Giving props where props is due. Great job to Lin last night and shutting up all the disgraceful fans.

The turnover in game 4 was inexcusable and he cost the game yes, but he really came out last night and played big for us.

Those of you who can't even give a simple kudos to Lin's last night performance just shows what a hater you are. Do us all a favor and stop posting on this forum.

14. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Lin played well. He has still been a bit too out of control this series, though. He needs to have repeat of game 5 to make up for game 4 and the end of regulation in game 3.

I was surprised to hear the slight booing when Lin came in last night. Harden was actually booed at the end of game 2. I don't like hearing that in the playoffs. Stand behind the guys we have. Sure, you can get frustrated by them, but they are our guys!

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The biggest thing that I think has been holding Lin back is I strongly believe he still believes that he has to out and make home run plays. He doesn't and shouldn't. He needs to go out and be aggressive in a controlled manner as well as aggressively call for PnR plays that have multiple picks or run perimeter screens until he breaks down the opposing D. Unless Harden shows up, Lin is really our only player capable of 1v1, regardless of how poorly he has played before yesterday's game.

16. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Yes even Milk hair! :)

17. yummyhawtsauce

I wonder why Mchale has a hard time praising Lin, he has no problem blaming him for losses but only faintly compliments him when he plays well/helps team win. It's alarming when you read Terry Stotts' or Wes Matthews' comments and you accidentally think those were Mchale or a teammate's comment.

18. yummyhawtsauce

The CF posters/fans/r****ds that have always hated Lin and booed him last night should continue to do so. I hope he leaves even if houston wins a championship. No player should be subjected to this kind of fanbase.

19. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Bev air balled a 3 as well.

20. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

On reddit, there were SPURS fans and even one BLAZERS fan who were perplexed at the degree of Lin vitriol on CF and in the home stands allegedly booing him - they straight out said if the Rockets didn't want him, they would gladly take him.

Pop can refine the unpolished diamond that is Lin and he could learn from Parker. On the BLAZERS, he can help them invigorate their bench behind Lillard.

I am just glad that both Asik and Lin are contributing what they can during the PO... ...as role players who may not be here long, they could easily grudge it out and be half-assed about their play, but both have been consummate professionals and stepped up their effort on both ends of the court.