1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to Give Props to Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Props to Lin for last night, we needed Linsanity badly and he helped save our season 1 game after putting in this ****en hole. Good job though, I am happy for the kid, I think he really needed that for his confidence.

2. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

Baqui99 is no troll. He has been around here forever. I am no fan of Lin because he is just wildly inconsistent. He had a good game. He still has not made up for his critical error in blowing Game 4.

1 person likes this.
  3. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Let's see. The more controversial games of lin are games 3,4 & 5.

In game 3 he blowed up a quick layup, but the teammates are not in frontcourt and shouldn't let the Batum 3 happen. More importantly there's plenty of time left so it's not a sure thing we'd win in regular time even if he held on to the ball. You know what's the most important thing? Lin came to play in overtime with his jumpers, freethrows and clutch recovery& assit to ACTUALLY GOT THE WIN.

In game 4 Lin at least got the rebound first. He did mess up but if he's not in we were likely to miss the rebound and let portland score anyway. He also defended MO's final shot well to force an overtime. He didn't get a chance to play much in overtime, otherwsie he may redeem himself again.

I have nothing to comment on game 5 except Lin played great and we won.

Overall, it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

4. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Has Bev? :p

And yeah, that Game 4 TO still burns...

Also, being around here forever doesn't somehow mean someone isn't a troll...or wrong, or stupid or anything besides having had an account on CF for a long time (not saying Baqui is necessarily a troll or stupid).

5. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

The offense flow was totally different from the last 4... I don't see why Asik couldn't start with Dwight Howard with Lin running the offense~ great game!

6. yummyhawtsauce

To me, he had more dunks than normal, that you cannot disagree with. Maybe I blocked out the memory of his horrible layups lol but those dunks stood out ot me from Asik

7. dantian

dantian Member

Exactly. The reason Asik be a bad fit for starting was MH needed Beverly to play the PG. The reason MH preferred Beverly over Lin as the starter was, he wanted Harden and Parsons, not Lin to work on handling the ball and be the true PG. Now, Harden and Parsons prove to be ineffective playmakers in the PO, MH has no viable option other than letting Lin be the playmaker without giving him chance to work on it in regular season games. Not a promising situation anyway to look at it.

8. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

What I liked most about Lin's last game, were not those nice layups or that contested cool 3 pointer (nor that open 3 airball either), or cold-blooded pick and pop. What I want to give him props most were those 2 consecutive dive on the floor jump-balls. You can always argue that he could have or should have got the steal directly, had he had better handle, but he really tried hard from the second he set his feet on the court. I think that sequence set the tone for the game, and carried over towards the end.

One game at a time. Two more to go, for this series. Hope the whole team keep it up, and Harden picks up where he left with those 2 timely clutch shots.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Great game by Lin. There were still some questionable things he did and I am still not over Game 4 yet, but got to give credit where credit is due. He had a great game and was largely responsible for us winning.

10. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

+1

misused Lin is nearly a useless Lin

11. TheJet

TheJet Member

Credit to Lin. He was balling last night. We needed that badly. If James wakes up and Lin can play like that again we might just witness a miracle. Damn the torpedoes!

12. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Hey why do you only have 280 posts in the last 12 years?

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Word.

Let's see a little consistency before we crown his ass. Dude is paid $8m a season and has been a liability up until last night.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Sorry, but I don't trust Lin enough to give him consistent minutes unless he shows up hot from the start. I also just don't like high risk/high reward players. I like smart players who avoid mistakes.

15. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Take your hate goggles off. This thread is a far cry from anyone crowning Lin anything.

He also hasn't been a liability up until last night...he had good games in Game 1 and Game 3. He sucked in Game 2, but nothing stood out (probably every Rocket has had a game like that this series). Game 3 would have been terrible but his OT steal and pass sort of redeemed himself. Game 4 is really the debacle...omg that Game 4...but come on, get your facts straight.

16. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Next game he will be bad then game 7 linsanity!

17. steady

steady Member

Glad to see Lin come through in this huge game.

I always wondered if Lin could step up in a big time moment.

Seems to confirm something that has long stayed in my mind, written by a a PG on Harvard's basketball team that Lin took over for. The guy wrote that, although Lin seemed at first nothing more than a "scrawny freshman with no jump shot who never stopped talking about how much he missed In-n-Out Burger" and who did not seem mentally tough, Lin did develop, and that especially: "This man's ability to rise to the occasion is like nothing I have ever witnessed. He is like Dwyane Wade crossed with Doug Flutie mixed with Rudy."

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lin was just giving them the old rope-a-dope.

19. TheJet

TheJet Member

I think most people knew he could step up, but I'll admit I wasn't sure what the outcome would be. It's the roller coaster ride that is Jeremy Lin. We just need him to stay on or above his median play. Last night he was great. Game 4, not so much. We need that guy from game 5 for two more games!

20. sew

sew Member

No one here is doing this.

If you don't want to give props then don't post in the thread? Pretty simple.