1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to Give Props to Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Even Case McCoy had his intermittent moments last year while herping and derping his way through the season.

2. archinkent

archinkent Member

He is only a bench player. He is not perfect. He wouldn't be on the bench if he doesn't screw up much.

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

We watching the same game? :grin: I was so frustrated with all the fumbled layups from Asik last night. Big man played a great game, but finishing at the rim was not one of the positives haha. I think he even ended up below 50% for the night? At least he's starting to catch the ball, but dang man, finish at the rim please!

4. t3ddt3ch

t3ddt3ch Member

Bona fide troll...

5. pwnyxpress

wtf no one said Lin was perfect. If this thread is going to then be claimed by LOHs of LOFHs as an example of how LOFs prop up Lin to extraordinary levels, I'ma flip haha. We got a thread giving props for Asik and that boy blew so many easy layups, omg. But hey, he had a good game, so props to Asik too.

Giving props to a player for a good game. We should do that for all our players if we support our team. I was cussing hard at Lin after game 4 (and at Bev), but now he had a good game and I'm praising him. That's the nature of being a sports fan (and not a hateful person).

Lin had a good game with a few hilarious mess ups that really summarized his career. In fact, Game 5 of the playoffs was probably the best representation of Lin's game -- make a clutch, crazy shot, follow it up with a funny TO or airball. Just glad the former outnumbered the latter last night!

6. Neped

Neped Member

He kind of exploited Lillard, who is not all that impressive guarding him. Mchale should set some PNR for him and Harden. Anyways he played Ok.

7. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Exactly.

It's usually Harden dribbling away the shot clock with Lin standing in a corner. Lin gets the ball with the shot clock winding down, drives into the paint, defense collapses, and nothing ever good comes of it. Also notice how Dwight on the bench, pick and rolls with Lin and Asik.

8. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

One game? how about those other games he messed up for us? He had 1 good game out of 5? 1 out of 5...

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great job, Jeremy!!

We needed that.

10. pwnyxpress

Actually, his Game 1 was good too, along with his Game 3. If people can crucify him for one game, they sure can give him props when he does well for one game.

So really, Lin has had one good game followed by one bad, followed by one good...uh oh for Game 6 haha...

We also tend to overemphasize his mistakes because he's so polarizing and people jump on him for it. I mean, don't take that the wrong way -- they're still MISTAKES and he SHOULD get blame, but it's much more exaggerated. Game 3 his mistakes late were bad, but he redeemed himself with that steal and pass to Troy for the winning shot.

Game 4 he made another huge mistake that everyone harps on, but Bev had a crucial and ugly TO too in our last OT possession. No comments made at all about it on CF lol. Lin is just magnified, for better or for worse.

But yeah, he's traded good games with bad ones throughout this series...it isn't just "one good game".

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Just like he messed up when it mattered most, he came up huge when it mattered most (elimination game)

The dude deserves praise

12. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I always thought our best offense should start with Lin initiating the offense from Howard pick, and either alley oop to Dwight or drive and kick to start a sequence of passing/shooting/driving from Harden/Parsons.

For the most part of regular season, Harden is so good that he rarely needs picks to create space. Even when he used picks, he's more in the attack mode than running the offense.

Let Lin initiate the offensive flow, followed by second rounds of more isolated plays is key for us to reach full potential.

13. Neped

Neped Member

Yea, I agree. Lin and Beverley both play well, but Beverley is the "Safer" player and gives Mchale lesser gray hairs. And I honestly think thats why he prefers Beverley as a starter.

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

How many good games has Harden had?

1) 8-28
    2) 6-19
    3) 13-35
    4) 9-21
    5) 5-15

15. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

It is not over yet.

Wait until the series is over and see if Rox fans crap on him.

I hope he plays well and Rox win next two!

16. pakattak

pakattak Member

The turnover was on Asik. If it was Dwight it would have been an easy catch and flush.

The blown layup was actually a bricked midranged shot, a little different from a layup.

17. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

He's had two bad games, two solid games, and one great game. Basically, he has been Jeremy Lin this playoff series.

But he does need to get more touches regardless. Tired of seeing Lillard resting in a lounge chair on D while Harden isolates on Matthews/Batum. The more we make Aldridge and Lillard work on defense the better we're off as a team.

18. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Here you go:

<iframe width="600" height="345" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W8c8IUDOhow" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. coffeelover665

Yes last game was great. Here's hoping to another successful night. I like the way Harden is playing. Not forcing the issue. Last year he would keep trying to score even when shooting below 30% He know he attracts a lot of attention so he gives the ball to Dwight and Lin. I love it. I love seeing Lin running point. It has that "natural PG" feel to it when he runs it vs Harden (not saying Harden is anything but good) because it feels right.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Might be time to start Lin again.