1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give props to Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by atwood, May 1, 2014.

1. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Yes i appreciate Asik's effort on the boards and on the defensive side of the ball. However, his offensive skills at the rim have not improved. If any, has worsened.

2. Andrew Wiggins

Dude, imagine courtney lee shooting 2-8 and 0-3 from three off the bench. Brandon bass guarding aldridge would have been a disaster. He is worse than jones on defense and he is shorter. You know mchale would have used him for a while before realizing asik is our best bet and by then the series would have ended.

We would probably have camby backing up aldridge or d-mo getting beasted on the boards instead of asik....wow. Thank got lospolloshermanos did t get what he cried for.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Courtney Lee would've started over Harden and dropped bomb on dem mofos

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'll be glad when Omer is gone.

I love his defense and I love how he grabs rebounds.

But I believe we can find a much cheaper/more cap friendly option that is at least half as decent at those things, but is much better catching and finishing on offense.

5. Andrew Wiggins

Go look at his stats.

Now we have no one to stop aldridge, and portland gets every rebound x10.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I feel the complete opposite. I truly hope that they are able to upgrade the roster without moving Asik. His contributions to the team are outstanding.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I really think that Omer understood his value to this team...

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

Thank you big O!

[​IMG]

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Asik's failure to finish gimmie shots under the basket drives me NUTS. I had to check myself when I realized how solid of a game he was putting in.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Keep building up that trade value Omer!!

But seriously if the twin towers can work on a consistent basis. You got to keep Omer unless you get an All Star in return.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yeap. Morey made the right decision to not trade him for just trading him. He's very valuable.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

please tell us where you'll find that. People will realize how nice it is to have a backup big like Asik, who is really a starting center in the NBA once hes gone.

13. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

I actually think it can,the only reason why it didn't work was because Asik Wanted to be traded and started pouting,so he Never gave it his all.
    But now he plays with all his Heart and I honestly think we should go on with TT if we make it to the 2nd round.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Brandon Bass is actually a really good defender.

Saying that, I would rather have Asik.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think you start Jones, he always seems to play well against the Spurs. Oh wait we still have to beat the Blazers two times.

16. yummyhawtsauce

giving props to asik for his finishes at the rim with dem dunks. he's been big this series. really cant hate this guy for his effort now despite that fiasco at beginning of year.

17. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

I said IF and second i do Not Trust Jones vs Splitter/Duncan,they would expose that easily and also McHale said there really isn't any Difference offensively if you start Jones or Asik next to Howard.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course theres a huge difference offensively between the two lol. come on now

19. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

I was Talking about spacing.

20. Capsman

Capsman Member

He's actually better offensively when on the move, either driving or initiating a move a few feet from the basket. But boy does he struggle shielding the ball when crowded. I find it hard to believe that it can't be taught. Seriously he needs to spend a whole summer working on either powering up or learning to shield the ball and create space with that large frame of his. The physical tools are there.