1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Time to Give Props to Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We crush him when he sucks. He came up huge in the biggest game of the season and maybe his career so I would like give him some props.

Also it was cool how most of the crowd stayed till the very end.

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Agreed

he deserves a lot of credit for last night

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Haven't we had 5 or 6 threads giving him credit?

4. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Milk hair deserve props too?

5. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I know we had 10-20 threads giving him ****

6. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Yep. Biggest game of the season and he stepped up while Harden was M.I.A. Props to Jeremy, thank you.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It is frustrating when players hurt your team that you are rooting for. I think if you want to cheer against a player that is on your team that is your prerogative.

But I will not do that personally, especially when you seem like a genuinely good person like Lin. It is also obvious that he is giving full effort on the court.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

True, he was fantastic, playing hard on both ends of the court. When he had the back to back 3 point attempts, with 1 being an airball, I felt like that summed up his career here. With Beverley having to cut down on his minutes because of the flu, I hope this gives Lin more time to get in a rhythm. His inconsistency is what drives most of us crazy.

I also like how he didn't repeatedly drive into the paint and try to make a blind jump pass.

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

What a turnaround. There were a few shaky moments, but he fought through them and put up a much needed good performance. Props, Lin. Keep it up.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Definitely deserves credit for playing Linasinity Basketball.

Dwight mentions this on his postgame locker interview... "We are gonna watch the Linsanity Movie and help build his confidence."

Lin has to believe his role on this team and when he is on the court...he has to attack relentlessly at the rim. If he and Harden continue to attack the rim, great things can happen. If Lin believes that he can make the offense go without having to defer to Harden, Harden becomes more dangerous. Harden's best attribute as a set shooter is often neglected, and the Rockets have to look to exploit this more. The key becomes Lin.

Good game, and keep it going. We want a game 7! Go get it from Portland.

1 person likes this.
  11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Mohawk nation approves!

12. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

One thing I noticed last night is that Harden was not that interested in holding the ball until the last 3 minutes. He had some kind of weird aloofness to his game. This is actually good for the team because for the first time, Lin was allowed to play his natural position - PG. He did a fantastic job running the show, creating opportunities for teammates, and hitting big shots more as he was in rhythm. Coaches should take notes. Rox needs this to go far.

13. yummyhawtsauce

agreed, a few times he was doing some heat check shots cuz he was feeling it - was scared he might come down to earth or do something stupid. but overall it shows that he can run the offense. lin was decisive and quick and that was a big difference in terms of his demeanor from the other games, didn't give a fk.

also wanan give props to asik for all his finishes at the rim - really happy to see. him and lin work pretty well together for most part (just that asik fumbles a lot of the ball)

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

What about when he airballed that wide open 3 pointer?

Then in the 4th quarter on two straight plays he f'd up - one turnover, followed by a blown layup. Both plays led to Portland baskets.

15. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Lin has always been a high risk, and high reward player, IF given the opportunity. The short leash he was given by the coaches really hurt his confidence & rhythm, and we all know how important those things to him. It doesn't do the team any good to play him inconsistent minutes.

Until the Rockets can find a better PG, they should either trust him, and hand the ball to him to run the team, or just don't let him play at all.

16. archinkent

archinkent Member

Good job Lin in the game 5.

I will always criticise him he screws up, but at least give him props when he does well. Just wish some posters here would do the same, instead of always sticking to one side.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Played well, good to see.

18. Lovemachine2000

What about the time I banged your mom and made you watch? Seriously WTF is wrong with you, nobody said Lin had a perfect game, but he was a big part of our victory last night, give credit where credit is due.

1 person likes this.
  19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

He brought the pressure in an elimination game when our star guard was rendered (mostly) ineffective and our energy guard was on IVs.

Great job Jeremy

20. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

While the guy played the best game of his playoff career, and literally saved the team from elimination, and all you find is this?

The guy shot 9 of 15, made just two TOs in the 30 minutes playing.

You should be ashamed of yourself as a Rockets fan!