1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/30/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Rockness

Rockness Member

Houston scorekeepers are again the worst, giving them 14 blocks, i didn't even see 10....

2. The Law

The Law Member

Barkley flip-flopping like he is John Kerry.

3. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Anyone know where I can buy this shirt???
    [​IMG]

4. team5

team5 Member

He plays better with more minutes. Start or not is less important.

5. instantno0o0dle

not even happy. two more.

6. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

make up your mind

7. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Great win .... BUT ... The refs did all they could to kill us for 3qtrs then pretty much rolled the red carpet out for us to get away with everything. DH fouled LMA on that drive to the hoop, but that is a foul practically every Blazer has gotten away with numerous times this series. LIN played very solid and at times excellent tonight. Parsons had a killer first half and for laying out Mo I will love that guy forever, Asik had some huge points and defensive/Off rebounds and played very solid D on LMA, Howard had some amazing D and hit FTs and was a force in the paint. Bev gave what he could which was just enough. TJ had some very productive mins offensively and even on D.

All that said no way we win in Portland if that game runs to the same script as tonight cause we almost gave it away again and the refs likely wont give us the calls we got late in the game (or rather the non calls)

8. The Law

The Law Member

Barkley pulls for cities that have had a history of suck because that's all he can relate to in his career.

1 person likes this.
  9. cindylang95

cindylang95 Member

me too. if we can keep it close to the very end, i think we can beat them, i hope. :(

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I feel dumber for listening to this whole "pressure" discussion on TNT.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

we're never going to get a FTA advantage, are we?

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Pringles resigned

Get him to replace McHale

13. Rocketeer Bang

Harden doesn't look happy because he didn't get his points tonight and was not the hero. He had only decided to play defense in the last 2 minutes after getting benched early in the 4th.

As happy as I am with tonight's win, this is a team with some natural flaws. There's lots of egos on this team. They don't seem to win or lose as a team, but as individuals. There's very little on court communication, and outside of Bev and Chandler, you don't really see them helping each other out after a hard foul.

We have a talented team from the standpoint of what each is capable of doing, but there isn't much of a team chemistry to speak of. And i think that starts from the top, namely our HC. I know today's players are more difficult to rein compare to the past, but as a HC, you've just got to demand it from your players.

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Patrick Beverley has 101 temperature right now and is taking IV's, according to McHale.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/461726719318040576">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale praised Jeremy Lin for helping break the defense down: &quot;He played better... We needed him.&quot;</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/statuses/461726108287635459">May 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. The Law

The Law Member

Don't take anything on TNT seriously and you will enjoy it a lot more. It's like listening to old dudes at a barber shop. I think it's awesome.

16. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

You wanna talk about no D? Because that's how you get no D.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Rocket's best games of the series are coming up. It all "comes together" and they advance.

18. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Aldridge goes from back to back 40+ point games to scoring 8 points.

19. Rockness

Rockness Member

So some serious problems in the locker room, I hope it is because players have called Harden out on his bull**** p***y festivities and not showing up during games..he was not in the huddle at one point, should be reprimanded for that plus his non-defense and quitting on both sides during this game.

20. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Its the same as last season remember? Harden slumped through the last month of regular season and then didn't show up for the playoffs. I think Harden just can't cut it as a no.1 option in the playoffs. That's why McHale prefers to go to Dwight in crunch time (not that thats much better).