1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin will redeem himself in games 5 and 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Karolik, Apr 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Karolik

Karolik Member

Since we're starting all these unrealistic optimistic threads, I shall follow the trend!

2. Stats

Stats Member

It might happen because you said it...

3. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

if Lin didnt play at all this team may have been swept by now.

How did OT work out? Same result, dumb turnover to end the game.

Endless garbage isos....someone show them game tape of how the Mavs/Spurs executed their possession late 4th quarter over the weekend.

4. ParsonsBoy

ParsonsBoy Member

What about game 7?

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You forgot game 7 :)

6. archinkent

archinkent Member

Why not game 7?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hope they don't redeem his parking at TC.

8. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

2014 Playoffs Round 1: Jeremy Lin litmus test number 2 million...

9. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I hope so but I see him continue to lose confidence each game. The key TO in game 4 definitely won't help.

10. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

as much as ppl like him taking accountability in his post-game interviews, i kinda hate it. wish he'd show more swagger instead of holding his head low like that.

i wonder if lin is wilting under the watchful eyes of the public. yesterday, he walked onto the court with a towel draped over his head. i dont recall anyone else doing that. to me thats a sign of him not being comfortable with the spotlight.

i hope he picks it up and help the team win but for whatever reason the game hasnt quite slowed down for him yet. hopefully he can figure it out this offseason and come back stronger next year but he has a lot of growing up to do.

11. tada

tada Member

As I mentioned on other thread, I wanna see this happen:

I know all the hate Lin gets and his boneheaded plays at times. BUT! BUT! Shockingly, I wanna see Lin start on Game 5 (in place of Beverley). I know. I know. This is blasphemy. However, if we still give up 110-120 pts to Blazers regardless of starting Beverley, wouldn't it be better to go all out on offense? Sure there will be few boneheaded plays (note; Every Rocket makes at least one during the game). But, at least ball would start to move and our offense would flow better.
    If we can't stop them offensively and we are lamenting on our ball movement, why shouldn't we do this?
    Plus, I wanna give Lin one more chance to redeem himself before all said and done.

12. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

lin can play well or make no mistakes. but that won't decide the game. it's up to harden to lead us. shooting 34% and jacking up 10 threes per game at a 27% clip wont get it done. with a piss poor defensive effort.

note: im not saying lin didn't make a boneheaded play that cost us the game. he did. and he should be blamed. in this board logic though, he's the devil, scum of the earth, piece of **** *** that should be in the dleague. lol.

but im realistically saying lin doesn't have a huge impact whether we win or lose an entire game. we'll go as far as harden takes us. and that's why we're 1-3. this is one of the worst series for an offensive star ive ever seen.

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

He better or this place is going to go bananas.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm thinking the opposite. I'm thinking having to endure nearly 3 days of the amount of heat he's getting for throwing Game 4 away(and nearly doing the same in Game 3) is going to crush him mentally and emotionally. I hope I'm wrong. Who doesn't love it when a pro athlete redeems himself(well, as long as it's not at our expense)? But I think damage has been done and it might be too late.

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I cringe at the thought that he gets to suit up in a rockets uniform again. I'd rather play 4 on 5 than have him in the rotation. He's d league material & has probably the worst awareness I've ever seen a professional athlete have.

I'll take a bag of chips for him, done with that guy.

& just so people don't think I have it our for the guy, James Harden is really looking like postseason scrub too.

16. Rockness

Rockness Member

Can a human who has choked come back to life?

17. Cypress

Cypress Member

The possibilities are endless.

18. langal

langal Contributing Member

If by that you mean we went 4 vs 5 (instead of having Lin playing), then you may be right.

19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Heimlich maneuver?
    More than likely preformed by anyone of the trailblazers.

20. RoxD

RoxD Member

You got a point.
    When Jeremy was on court, the Rockets held its ground.
    When Jeremy was off court, the Rockets lost 3 points, which is exactly the winning margin by the Blazers.