1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's critical turnover in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

You don't know that. What if Lin never got the rebound and instead Portland got the rebound, the result could have been the same. The team is not well coached and not disciplined, therefore, under pressure you get breakdowns. Is that wholly unexpected? One player made a huge mistake, but there were other mistakes as well.

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Lin sucks when it come to defensive pressure. I remember when he played for NY vs Miami and Chalmer was all over him...he folded and turnover...dude just suck. Game 3, he screwed up the layup because there is a possible slight hesitation wheather he should go for a layup or burn some time. And tonight game 4, he did it again...all these i feel attributed his inability to handle pressure. He knows pressure is coming and start running up the court panicking running like chicken without the head. And when you're a PG and the team needs you the most to hold on to the ball..Jeremy Lin is a failure at that. Players just don't respect him and just want to harrass him. You can see this if you for example, give the ball to Harden....you will see the player who is guarding him immediately back away.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao.... Linsanity is currently over, he might be a below average playoff player but cancer?

:grin: He is still the same good guy who believes in God.
    He is probably gone anyways. Morey you b*stard.

4. jman7373

jman7373 Member

LOF are so ****ing annoying. None of the hate being given to Jeremy Lin is because he is asian. IT IS BECAUSE HE SUCKS. He made a stupid mistake in a crucial point in the game last night that cost us the game. Plain and simple.

5. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

No bro we lost the game because Lin turn the ball over at the 7 min mark in the 4th, that changed everything, we couldn't win after that turn over with 7 min. Left in the game, it was catalyst that screwed us over

6. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

I really hope Lin never plays another game in a rockets uniform after last nights game. Who ever started the idea that Lin has a high basketball IQ, he looks like a r****d running around out there.

7. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Bad turnover, but also really a good play from Mo Williams.

The team had many chances to win after that.

8. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

I would have shut my trap if you kept your insults basketball related. But because you brought race into the argument I think you overstepped the bounds. and unfortunately I got dragged down to your gutter. I'm sorry pakattak, it was a moment of weakness.

9. SacTown

SacTown Member

Everyone, put this in your Sig:

Les got his cash cow; the fans got a goat

10. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Yup lofs everywhere, Lin's turnover was the last play of the game, anything that happened after his turnover doesn't count

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

That game was infuriating. Seriously.

But this thread is pathetic.

I am extremely upset at Jeremy Lin. In that one play he made three mistakes. All he needed to do was hold on to the ball and call timeout (like the coaches said) and we would have won that game.

At the same time, watching Harden's attempts on defense were equally frustrating throughout the whole game. Every time he lets the other player dribble past him while he tries to reach around the back looks so lazy and has me yelling at the tv. He let Batum go right past him on a fastbreak, he let Matthews get a wide open shot in the lane while he lazily tried to reach around. Even the play when Parsons got the flagrant foul, Harden should have actually guarded LMA instead of trying to play for a steal that he had no chance of getting.

People will probably call me a LOF or whatever. Even though I'm not, I don't care.

Lin has looked bad. He has made stupid plays and looked outclassed. I can't imagine how we could trade him, but we will definitely need to explore all options for that.

That play by Lin was infuriating, but having a thread full of '*** YOU LIN' and saying that you wished he would die is pathetic and classless and does nothing for our team- our team that has consistently looked lost and out of sync and, as a team, made stupid play after stupid play.

12. cloudng8

cloudng8 Member

umm lin DID get the rebound and wasnt aware that mo williams was behind him, He should have guarded that ball instead of running like a chicken with his head cut off.

I understand that the could have missed a shot still on that end, however they would have at least been prepared.

13. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

What are you talking about the game ended after his turnover, clutch fans told me so

14. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/FExHo6NSsl1j?params=zone%3Dcsnvideo&autoPlay=true" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

15. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

What's your assessment of our starting PG in the playoffs

Avg

Above avg

Great

All star

Saved the universe

16. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Ahh, so the team stopped playing D because they were unprepared. Well, any one of them on the court, plus the coach could have called time out, yet no one did. So if the team is unprepared, whose fault is that?

McHale is the coach, he can bench Lin's sorry ass in game 5 and be done with it. if there is a game 6, bench Lin for that as well. If there is a game 7 bench Lin for that as well. He's doing it to DMo, Casspi, Lin is no different, just a bench player anyways.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cancer is someone who is fighting his own teammates, sabotaging in the locker room. By definition. He isn't that.

Lin has been ok in the regular season. He was either injured or not playing well in the playoffs. Always been the case.

18. photojoe

photojoe Member

The difference between DMo, Casspi and Lin is position.

If we bench Lin, who would we have playing as backup point?

I'm not saying that I'm opposed to it, just that it would make it a lot more difficult to figure out our rotations. Our guards would be reduced to Beverley, Harden and Daniels (I guess?) to play the whole game for both spots?

19. dxdx

dxdx Member

You don't have to come from Houston to be a fan of the Rockets.

Hope you know the world is bigger than just Texas.

20. Pokemon

Pokemon Member