1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] No hesitation: In one play, Troy Daniels answers the call and Jeremy Lin finds redempti

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. steady

steady Member

Yes, this is the stuff that playoff memories and legends are made of.

Great article, Clutch.

2. ChippedToothLin

Such a legendary moment. I hope we go on to win the series.

3. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Great Article, Lin messed up at the end of regulation but he is the cause of the win just as much as Daniels is for making the shot. This make me feel good tha Lin is not shrinking like he did in the regular season when he would make errors.

Good article clutch in giving credit.

4. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

And he did not hesitate to take shots in OT either, scoring 4 points. He's much better when he's not hesitating.

5. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

As has been expressed many times, the aggressive version of Lin is the one you want. Missing that layup was so depressing, but it's better to take the good and bad than just the bad.

But I so want Harden back. This game he poked his head out from wherever he has been hiding... hopefully we get the full version next game.

6. TDRox

TDRox Member

Overlooked in all this was the final 3.3 seconds in regulation play. I saw this game live in Portland, and without the benefit of instant replays or commentators, had no idea why the Rockets didn't get to advance the ball, and instead had to inbound from the backcourt, which resulted in nothing more than a half court heave by Harden. Then later in the night, I watched it again with the ESPN broadcast and realized Harden had taken a few dribbles before calling timeout, resulting in not being able to advance the ball. I love Harden, and who knows, maybe we still would have missed from the front court, but that was a pretty big mental error.
    Also, on whether Lin should have thrown a lob to Dwight or a pass to Daniels, on a broken play like that, where there's no time to think or gather, and with Lin going full speed, I argue that it is very difficult to throw a pinpoint lob to Dwight, especially with a defender right there, and much easier to throw that pass to Daniels. Who knows, had he thrown the lob, the defender may have intercepted it, or it would have ended up being a turnover. Then where we be, just two b****es in the sea.

7. JBar

JBar Rookie

I agree we want the aggressive Lin. BTW Lin's turnovers are down this series.

On an unrelated note: I WANT MY RTV!!!!!!

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Moments like this can turn a series. The significance can not be understated.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

awesome article. Agree that lin made up big time with the recovery/decision/pass to Three-roy Damn-iels:eek:

10. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

TBH the decision to go for the layup was horrible, but I'd take this Lin over any other Lin any day. Run with confidence, make the other players feel helpless trying to catch up. No hesitation or thinking twice.

Yeah it may have been a game changing decision and I would have been pissed off if we lost, but going on to the 4th game, I want Lin to stay this way. Do a crazy drive with confidence with no hesitation whenever he sees the opportunity.

11. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

that layup looked pretty good until it came out. i say it was a good move and had it gone in would have been quite the dagger.

12. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

the funny thing is if the lob pass wasnt right on the money fans would be screaming "what is Lin doing trying to make crazy passes!??!?! he is out of control again!"

13. Clarinetmonster

It's also a great sign that there are a couple other players in addition to Harden with the cajones to want the ball in crunch time. No fear!

14. novaman

novaman Member

Exactly- Can't believe people MMQB'ing this one when the end result (a made 3 and the W) speaks for itself.

15. daRox

daRox Member

I thought he made the right decision on that layup. Had it went in, the game would have been over. It's the execution that pissed me off. I guess he was exhausted due to the tough physical playoff style. I guess this is a good thing for his development. But man no matter how bad he plays, he tends to up in the final minutes. It's still a lot better than some stars who disappear in the crucial time.

16. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

What about the open field tackle by harden? #no hesitation

17. sutton

sutton Member

good decision and drive but bad layup.

and then bad defense on Batum's open 3 , and bad decision basically waste the last 5.5 sec possession.

redemption, if any, is to "saving superstar Harden".

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i've watched the play about 50 times & it never gets old. lin's fantastic hustle play & find, daniels clutch 3, the bench showing genuine support & love.. this is what it's all about.

19. RoxD

RoxD Member

A nice read
    A sweet win

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

It worked out for the best, but watching the replays like 100 times, it's mind-boggling that Harden drove right into the teeth of the POR offense (4 guys standing there) instead of left where only Daniels was with Lillard, far into the corner.

Before he ran that though, Harden looked to the bench for instructions and all he got was "Go, go, go." He was running the pnr but Batum kept going over. Hey, random boneheadedness followed by random brilliance. The Rockets are the king of chaotic broken plays.