1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] No hesitation: In one play, Troy Daniels answers the call and Jeremy Lin finds redempti

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What killed me about the missed layup by Lin wasn't that he was too aggressive. It was another missed layup which resulted in a three on the other end for the Blazers. That must've happened at least four times last night. Those 5-point swings are so huge!

Just blessed we're still in this series. Hopefully, the guys bring it back to H-town tied up at 2. I still take solace in the fact that there will be one game where Harden just goes nuts and one game where the shooters win the game by going bonkers from deep. Hopefully, those two games come sooner rather than later so we can take control of this series over the next couple of games.

Go Rockets!

2. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I think Lin's clutch freethrows after getting whacked in the face by Aldridge deserves some mention too. He's a tough dude.

3. conquistador#11

these are the moments that make heroes, daniels, PB&J all clutch.
    so yeah who do we want to face? Dallas or S.A? I'm kidding. one game at a time.

4. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

That should have been a flagrant. dumb ass refs

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It takes a lot of guts to make a huge shot like that. Lin deserves a lot of praise for that play too.

6. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

my nose just about broke from just watching the slomo replay of that foul. my goodness that must have hurt.

7. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

Clutch, a fair account of Lin's redemption.

I don't begrudge Lin going for the layup - he probably judged that he had a good lane to the basket and a high percentage of extending the lead to a two possessions. Even with Aldridge coming over, Lin should've made that shot. Lin, at least last year, was money on finishing after a drive to the basket. This year for some reason, and I'm not sure if I'm the only one that's noticed it, but Lin has been a mediocre finisher, blowing quite a few layups.

From a decision making perspective, Lin probably thought there was a high percentage of extending the lead to 5 (say 75%) and a low percentage that a miss would lead to an unprepared defense that would give up a 3.

If Lin held the ball up for a regular play, the chances of scoring, at least in his mind, go down and the chances of the Blazers coming back with a score doesn't change that much.

Lin was aggressive and I'd rather him be aggressive and pushing than timid and hiding in the corner.

8. yummyhawtsauce

I think it's safe to say, that Asik has at least accepted his role and enjoys playing on the team and wants to win. I've always liked him.

Good article too.

9. yummyhawtsauce

Lin might have made a bad play. So, fine he missed his layup. But the rest of the four rockets are back on the other end. Does that mean they stop playing defense? Have to get ready for what happens next no matter what happens.

Glad to see Harden calm Lin down - wonder what he said. Glad also it didn't affect Lin's confidence in making these big plays.

I was a little surprised that Bev didn't touch the ball much later on. He played very well this game.

10. beybey

beybey Member

You need to do the unexpected to beat the blazers. They weren't expecting Lin's layup and definitely not Daniels to make the game winner. I noticed Daniels giving up the ball for the last free throws to harden' what a guy...

11. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Lillard was in front of Howard on that broken play and could've made an athletic play on the ball if the pass was not perfect and there was also the risk of a foul/free throws. Daniels was the more open player in that sequence and was already in position to shoot.

12. Solaris

Solaris Member

Yep, you are exactly right. Saw in another thread where in post-game interview, LA was moving toward Dwight, so Lin threw it to Daniels.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oqk_h0g1PJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

Lin's head snapped back violently. I hope he doesn't have a whiplash injury.

14. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I guess my gut was right. Nice play by Lin.

15. txtodd

txtodd Member

Hah, female reporter shown at some point realizes Chandler is behind her with his shirt off, and leaves Lin for him.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

There were glimpses of what this offense could be when Daniels, Lin, And Harden were on the floor together.

As I said toward the beginning of this season, this team is flawed. Unfortunately, Morey couldn't fix this flaw without giving up the flexibility we need to get that 3rd star.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He doesn't have the size, skill, nor speed to even bother Batum...

18. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7">@jlin7</a> chose wisely <a href="http://t.co/wCD2YaqEzL">http://t.co/wCD2YaqEzL</a> MT <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright">@getnickwright</a> Dwight open 4dunk,Harden open in corner&amp;Daniels gets it <a href="http://t.co/tcSkb4kkPT">pic.twitter.com/tcSkb4kkPT</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/460126104406081536">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. conquistador#11

hey, daryl murley y u tweeting? you should be on the phone getting our 3rd, 4th,5th, 6th and 7th superstar for the Nova team you need to assemble,:p

pretty cool that he is involved in the net

20. Play07

Play07 Member

this is what playoffs are all about fighting and showing heart !

Lin- I will take going for that layup any day, he just missed it. I was pissed just like everybody. The thing is he didn't get down he hit a big shot in OT, 2 clutch ft, and dove on ground and hustled to find Troy on that last play. That was big because he could've easy gave up on himself for that blown layup. Instead he didn't play scared, did what he had to do to try to get the win.

Troy/Mchale - Troy big shot! this dude is a pure shooter has potential to be a reddick, Allen, Korver, dunleavy type of guy. He doesn't have the handles which is ok he's a shooter like them, Mchale or whenever a new coach comes in needs to run him off of back screens just like doc, spo do for reddick & Allen. Mchale can't just use him as a spot drive and kick shooter we have to let this guy run around breakdown the defense and it will force players to chase him which will open up so much even if he doesn't even get open. These are things a NEW coach will do with Troy.

bev- showed heart last night, 9 rebounds! And a key tip on LMA at the end of the game. This dude doesn't give up & goes all out even tho he's not 100% !

Parsons - I'm disappointed because he doesn't want to rebound, or go after lose balls. He just plays soft. When we play small lineups we need parsons to crash the boards instead he gets out rebounded by our guards, harden, Lin, bev... That's unacceptable, those rebounds really count & can help is in so many ways. We need rebounds when we go small !

1 person likes this.