1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/25/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

All 3 games have been close (would like to have the blown call back at the end of game 1) and all will be close more than likely...with the games coming down to just a few plays in determining who wins. Unless Harden goes off (been around 30% or slightly lower) or CP hits lightning in a bottle like the magical 3 game he had during the season, the remaining games will look like the first 3. TJ is just too small (Barkley) and Asik struggles a lot to score. We need others to step up...Bev did tonight...Daniels also is a wildcard. Lin can penetrate when he takes a notion. But defense with emphasis on blocking out and getting rebounds is the key. It is absolutely not acceptable to watch the only real rebounder they have beat 2 and 3 Rockets for the ball. JMO.

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

No.

If you've played or coached, Jeremy made a mistake. That was a risk that was unecessary.

There isn't bias, but I will say that Pat would have held the ball.

3. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

I understand why he went for it, the excitement of seeing that lane open up and his speed got him a bit too hyped, but yeah, that was a dumb move once he got under the basket he should have seen LMA coming and pulled it down and killed some clock and got into some sort of offensive set (ha ha whatever those are in McHales playbook).

4. red32

red32 Member

:grin: What happens if you report Clutch? Could Clutch be benned? :grin:

5. Dementium

Dementium Member

Maybe. But he literally saved the game and the series with his hustle play (well him and Daniels).

He blew the layup but is it really a guarantee we would have been able to score even if he didn't go for the layup?

For a forum mod to call him out on this when he made a great play to save the game just confirms the bias.

6. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

i think you're stretchin it a bit clutch. i know you're not too fond of jeremy and that's clear. and that was definitely a boneheaded move cuz he missed the layup...but there was still over 40 seconds. we coulda easily played the clock, got a worse look and the game still have gone to OT. i know that's not how it played out, but that's just to illustrate there was still time left and a host of other stuff, both defensively and offensively at that time (and earlier in the quarter) as other potential reasons we went to OT too.

i get tired of lin's dumb plays as much as anyone, but he gets way too over scrutinized on this board. it's a huge double standard. buncha our guys make mistakes too, but don't get nitpicked as much. as long as the good outweighs the bad, then we're ok.

if he's the SOLE reason we went to OT, but only had SOME redemption in OT where he had a strong driving move to get 2 fts which he hit, a pull up jumper with the shot clock winding down...and saved the ball off what was a harden turnover with the crucial assist (on a nice pass) to TROY MOFO DANIELS for the gw.....then we have to be fair and said he got full redemption because we won and he made winning plays.

i know that prob hurts you to say...but i just guess i like to see more consistency on this board in regards to plays by all our guys on the team.

7. archinkent

archinkent Member

Nah...

8. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

i really don't understand some reactions and especially those of Bill, etc. There was still over 45 seconds in the game and you are only up by 3 points. If you have a wide open lane to the basket, you take it because running the clock down against this team in their set defense has not been productive for us for the most part. If he makes that shot, we are up by 5 with 40 seconds to play and that's better than being up by maybe only 3 with say 25 seconds to play.

He missed it, so I can see ragging on him for missing the actual shot. But I don't think it was a bad decision considering he had a wide open lane to the basket.

What is worse actually is that after he took the layup, all the Portland players were there for the rebound and the Rockets mostly hadn't even crossed half court...yet Portland was still able to bring the ball back up after the miss and get a wide open 3 point shot to tie the game.

The tema didn't play any defense after the shot was missed even though they should have been in great position to do so.

But this is Clutchfans where the Lin hate rages on. So continue to blame Lin. Carry on.

9. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

again i would have blamed the L on lin too for getting ahead of himself, but i still can't get how this forum doesn't hold Jharden at least 50% responsible for the current predictable. go to a neutral forum without the lin war and you will see what others are thinking. there's also a consensus answer for who the most 'exposed' player has been thus far in the playoffs

the rockets will only go as far as harden can take them. he's their superstar and offensive catalyst. he should get credit for losses and wins, just like durant or LBJ would. no one else would get away with having a 8.20 PER through two home losses in the playoffs. it's really bizarre. if you want to be a superstar, you can't point to your 4th-5th options, like when chalmers/lamb going 1-8 with 2-3 turnovers

step up win the game and take your role as the team's leader. the fans need to have a higher standard for him

10. AuburnRocket

Don't think so at all ! He is not alone. Bill, Clyde and Bull said it. They know just a little more about basketball than most on here. Unless you have a DUNK, you pull it out. Just not smart basketball up 3 and 18 seconds left on the shot clock. If you think you have an open lane to the basket, you DUNK that ball....PERIOD. Otherwise, you pull it out. Gotta know game,time and situation.

11. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

benned? as in bent over?

12. yummyhawtsauce

honestly this was a great win, i was enjoying it until this video was posted, is there a video of all 23 harden misses or parsons missed dunk or 4pt play foul on mo williams or asik fumbling a layup underneath the hoop

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It wasn't that wide open! Aldridge made him rush it!

14. red32

red32 Member

I wouldn't go that far.

15. reliableman

reliableman Member

If somebody would've sunk 1 more free throw. If somebody would've blocked 1 more shot. If we would've got 1 more rebound. No argument is better than the next.
    We missed way too many easy buckets at the rim throughout the game. Lots of nerves. You can see it.
    I hope this win gives them the confidence they need.

16. AuburnRocket

This is true. I notice that there seems to be an ongoing debate regarding Jeremy. I LIKE Jeremy..a lot. But all the players are Houston Rockets and no player, regardless of how much I like them, gets a pass for a low IQ play. Again, I see a TEAM not an individual. If Jeremy is taking it inside by HIMSELF, with no one to rebound, the lane better be open and it better be a dunk. You don't lay it up off the glass...sorry. And yes, the favored son LMA was closing fast.

17. archinkent

archinkent Member

There was 50.

If there was actually 18, that would be JR Smith level of stupidity.

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

^ Wait nevermind, you meant on the shot clock.

19. AuburnRocket

Quit drinking my man...it CLEARLY says 18 on the SHOT CLOCK...see Spot run,see Spot run fast.Geez.

20. AuburnRocket

Sorry then...you did spot it.