1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: McHale using Sampson's absence as an excuse for poor defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Apr 24, 2014.

1. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Ding dong the McHale is dead. All is great in Munchkin Country.

2. bmd

bmd Member

Not any front office. Just some office that has some affiliation.

3. Fighton

Fighton Member

that's because in SA and Utah, it was very clear who runs the team, and that's the coach. you can't say that for most of the teams in the league, and thus my comment about this being a player-run league. Even in Utah, between Dwill and Sloan, who did the front pick? Dwill.

if you're not a coach that the owner goes out of his way to acquire (like rivers), you better make sure your star players are happy and willing to listen to you.

4. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

McFail is 100% gone if we lose this series.

Even if we win, he might be gone by the time next season starts.

5. sutton

sutton Member

No, it doesn't work in PLAYOFF, it failed miserably.

6. Tenchi

Tenchi Member

How so? Please explain.

7. NotChandlerParsons

I'd like to believe that, Leslie has never fired a coach ahead of time. I think he gets one more season regardless.

8. Amel

Amel Member

I take this with a grain of salt, but clearly McHale is not a good coach. He actually has minimum knowledge of coaching and is more of a cheerleader. We don't need a nice guy, especially with two stars like Howard and Harden. My vote goes to

[​IMG]

Bring him in right now for the next two games :grin:, he knows the Blazers in and out.

1 person likes this.
  9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

C'mon McHale, it's not like you're a lumberjack cutting down trees out there, just bench Harden until he plays some defense.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

I dont think the Pacers would let him leave

but I wouldnt mind him being on the list for next season - he would probably smack the beard right off of Harden for not getting back on D

11. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Member

I couldn't agree more. It's always someone else's fault. Maybe he needs to take a page from Kubiak....."it's on me" (god I'm so glad I don't have to listen to that every week anymore).

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

For any head coach of an NBA team to say that the loss of a assistant coach resulted in a decreased performance by your team is effectively a death sentence for that coach. Mchale doesnt deserve to be coaching this team...young kids in their prime with two superstars and still can not find ways to put them in a position to win. Im sick of this idiot...

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

McHale in the hot seat right now, fair or not. The only thing that could save him would be if he could turn this series around with some ingenious adjustment and put the fire back in the players again.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

How? we already lost two home games. Shooting three first is not ever going to win something big. Three point shooting should come from inside to outside, or additional passes. Never seeing a player who loves to shoot three can play a good defense. The rockets are playing a YMCA basketball.

15. deshen

deshen Member

wait, did not Morey say that coach is not much a factor in NBA?

16. torocan

torocan Member

Over the REGULAR season. In the play offs decisions are magnified due to the smaller number of possessions.

1 TO during the regular season gives you 81 more games to balance it out. In the play offs, every decision and possession is magnified in importance, as such errors become far more influential in determining the outcomes.

So having an average vs above average coach isn't a big deal in terms of seeding. It becomes a more significant issue in a play off series, especially since coaches have large amounts of time to analyze the opponent and make adjustments strategically and in-game.

17. count_dough-ku

I sincerely hope this season changed his opinion on that.

18. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

anyone notice there is never a 3rd man rotate in and help the helper on those PNR? it indicates in fact there is no proper D plan.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

These guys beg to differ.

20. conquistador#11

other coaches are playing chess, mchale is playing connect four.