1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Harden, James Harden holds the keys to us getting back in it.

It really is that simple, he's the teams most valuable player and he's playing like garbage right now. The team will look for him to score, he can't defer to anyone else and has to run the offense like we know he can.

I don't know what is wrong with him, mentally something is up. Maybe he's lost confidence in his game.

I mean...it is possible...

LMA could also play like a regular player and that would be a huge difference right there by itself.

Game 3 should be intriguing.

1 person likes this.
  2. DreamEarlNolan

It blows my mind that there are people blaming Lin for this loss. Was it Jeremy's assignment to guard Aldridge? Was it Jeremy's job to devise a game plan to contain Aldridge? I get frustrated with Jeremy as much as anyone, but the hatred he receives from some so called Rocket fans is ridiculous.

3. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Who the fck does Harden think he's fooling? History already wrote the series as over. While Rockets in the past has gotten over this, this team doesn't have the heart of a Yao/T-Mac or a Hakeem.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

One play doesn't mean he played bad defense the entire game. Matthews got bad shots constantly. Only shot he got decent outside of that layup was the miscommunication on the switch by Parsons and Harden

5. DwightHoward13

Remember: when we needed to get the defensive rebound, we did not come through. Another time, it was an unlucky play with Lillard getting the long rebound. I don't blame Lin; I blame McHale. He has to make his intentions and strategy known.

6. zdrav

zdrav Member

It's really just TheAce.

7. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Someone translate that for me. Freakin Twitter grammar...

8. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Haha...Haren with the potty mouth.

Sigh...it's nice to laugh sometimes.

9. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Are you kidding? The numbers are clear all season that Lin should be starting. If we had a competent coach Lin would be starting. McHale is our coach and there's no way Lin will be starting.

10. tada

tada Member

I think Harden having low cardio might be correct. He did bring more intensity to his defense in this game, in return, it did affect his offense.

11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I've been saying that since before the playoffs started but ppl were making excuses about Beverley and Dwight not being there but I knew we would get exposed in the playoffs.

12. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. team5

team5 Member

That's a good observation. It is very possible that he just can't have both.

14. yummyhawtsauce

I'd rather be an LOF than a harden fan, at least we're rooting for the better player

15. beybey

beybey Member

I would like to see Lin on Aldridge. Wouldn't hurt.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think you mean Hakeem...

Yao/Tmac accomplished nothing.

Choke City came from those Hakeem teams. Never forget.

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Harden on Aldridge: &quot;He is doing the whole package and it’s tough for us. We have to figure something out and soon.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/459200042104926208">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. DreamEarlNolan

I may be wrong, but I believe much of Harden's struggles are related to not getting foul calls on the offensive end. There were several games during the season where Harden scored 30+ points and only had single digit field goals. I think when he isn't getting calls and going to the line he gets frustrated and it throws off the rest of his game.

19. team5

team5 Member

Lin could play double team. He was the one jumping back and forth covering several players in the back.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm in shock.