1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. autoprt

autoprt Member

until we stop aldridge the series is over. based on what i see nothing will happen to stop him from scoring 45 next game.

2. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

James Harden bad been just as productive as Matt Schaub in the playoffs.

@ESPNStatsInfo: Teams that take a 2-0 lead in best-of-7 series go on to win the series 94 percent of the time (239-16)

3. YourSecretLover

Kelvin Sampson is a better coach than Mchale. Mchale being exposed

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

So I hope this just provesposting up Dwight just isn't our game. It takes Lin, Parsons and Harden out of their games when we do it every damn play

5. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

I see what you did there

:grin::grin:

6. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

It seems like this team is having a internal problem...it seems the players want to play uptempo and the coaches/dwight wants them to play slow

7. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

I went for a 20 minute walk outside to blow some steam, but know that I'm back did Lin really foul after the 2 for 1 situation when it was still a 1 possession game? I know that isn't the entire reason we lost, but something about that play just irked me. I want McHale to say if it was his idea or is Lin just a moron?

8. Clarinetmonster

Also Lin played very solid D on Lillard again tonight - Bev is not 100% so I'm not going to blame him.

9. queazie

queazie Member

If you put so much hate into Lin and blame him for the game. Then in your head he is a superstar caliber player who has disappointed you even more than Harden has.

You sir, are a closet LOF

1 person likes this.
  10. autoprt

autoprt Member

seriously no one mentioned sampson not being there, i was noticing the difference in the last games of the season.

11. team5

team5 Member

Should have put DH on him, Asik on Lopez. Or double team him.

12. zdrav

zdrav Member

James Harden will have at least one monster game before this series is done. Question is when will it be? If it's not in game 3, then it's useless.

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden for into a post game debate with Fran Blinebury after his media session. Not sure if I've ever seen that before</p>&mdash; Mike Meltser (@MikeMeltser) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeMeltser/statuses/459197601397485568">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. DwightHoward13

What needs to happen is Harden needs to step up his game, especially on the offensive end. Harden sets the tempo, starts the 3 point barrage, creates space, creates flow, and draws attention. Harden needs to gain some kind of motivation; does he care about winning the game? Is he going to assert his dominance? He certainly did not in the fourth quarter, where he basically hid so no one could pass him the ball.

15. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

The fact that the Knicks did not match the Rockets offer when they don't even care about going over the salary cap and was making Dolan a ton of money from the publicity.

The fact that no team is willing to take his contract and awesome skills off our hands for free.

The fact that we have to trade 1-2 first round picks to get rid of him even though he's an expiring contract next year.

16. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

i cant believe harden actually played worst than the first game.

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden just told me, &quot;If we don't win Gm 3, our season is over.&quot; Knows a close out game win in Portland would be a massive challenge.</p>&mdash; Marty Snider (@heymartysnider) <a href="https://twitter.com/heymartysnider/statuses/459198126738255872">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

@ESPNStatsInfo: Teams that take a 2-0 lead in best-of-7 series go on to win the series 94 percent of the time (239-16)

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Harden has been shell shocked. He is lost. You can tell from his demeanor. Btw, I agree with Chuck. Howard's post play is fool's gold. He is not a polished post player. Why would they let LMA face up and shoot is beyond me. JVG had Bowen stuck on Dirk, waist low one hand, that's all it takes, no turn around and face up. Dumbazzes.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

How could Mchale not know how to incorporate some other guys? Why are they even on the PlayOff Roster?